Visa problem at airport

1 hour ago, lovesthespicy said:

I've read of two occasions of people being stopped using the fast track service being pulled and questioned. They were let in on both stories but its for sure not some full proof way to make it in.

No one is suggesting that its a way to get around the rules, it is not, its just a way for you to be dealing with a less harassed IO who are prone to make mistakes when they get busy. 

3 hours ago, elviajero said:

Here is one. https://www.bangkokflightservices.com/home/bfs-services/premium-airport-services/

If you google Bangkok Airport Services or similar you'll find others. You can get met off the plane and taken trough passport control etc.

It’s a good service but it’s pathetic anyone on a real visa or exempt has to take this step. Says a lot about Thai immigration.

But hey, whatever has to be done for the privilege. We should all be grateful they allow lowly foreigners to step foot into this holy land. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

Here is what it says on their website

We are sorry to inform you that the airport authorities have changed the policy on Premium Fast track coupons usage and has advised us of the following with immediate effect. Only Passengers holding First and Business class tickets will be allowed to use the Premium Fast track coupons and channels. Passengers travelling in economy class will not be allowed to use Premium Fast track channel.

In other words, rich foreigners in, poor and middle class foreigners out.

If you long stay gents think you’re secure here because you currently meet their requirements, you’re in for a big surprise unless you’re wealthy. The writing is on the wall and it’s there in glowing neon.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, dcnx said:

In other words, rich foreigners in, poor and middle class foreigners out.

If you long stay gents think you’re secure here because you currently meet their requirements, you’re in for a big surprise unless you’re wealthy. The writing is on the wall and it’s there in glowing neon.

Curb your enthusiasm. It's AoT's rules that have thus disenfranchised the back-of-the-bus passengers, not some mysterious collusion of xenophobic, rich and entitled Thai personages to run we lesser farangs out of town on a rail.

Suvarnabhumi is over-capacity and has been pretty much from the get-go. Year on year, the pax numbers are up but the Immigration capacity is for the most part the same as it was when it opened. Having less economy pax filling up premium Immigration lanes was a cheap and easy fix versus expanding the facilities.

PS. Can you tell me where you buy your glowing neon from?

• Like 1

Actually, the only comment she made, it was about that I booked hotel only for the first 4 days and I not for the full trip. Normally I like to move and change places and plans during traveling, istead to make a schedule since the beginning. Thai embassy in italy confirmed that I don't need to book hotels for full trip, but it looks like that this officer has different opinion, so which one is the truth? I will going tomorrow to immigration office tell the mistake story like you suggested me.

On 3/2/2019 at 5:43 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Not the first time a lady has been mentioned and maybe best to avoid that queue

I always avoid, if possible, the female immigration officers. Their inability to accurately aim where their stamp is going to land thereby taking up much more space than necessary is probably linked to them not having a male appendage to practice their aim with. Appalling waste of pages. The Toms are ok though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

No one is suggesting that its a way to get around the rules, it is not, its just a way for you to be dealing with a less harassed IO who are prone to make mistakes when they get busy. 

I hear ya but it could also just be a waste of money. I've yet(knock on wood) to be stopped by an immigration officer using regular lanes, and I'm sure many others have the same experience.  An immigration officer with a big line whos annoyed in some cases could be more prone to just rush through and continue through the line.

I'd easily pay extra for the piece of mind of using a safer lane. I researched it when I heard of it but found it carries risk all the same. 

Its really hard to say how much better it is to go through these lanes when people have been stopped the same. Just like everything with going through airport immigration in Thailand its random as hell for those of us who have alot of time spent here over recent years. 

Edited by lovesthespicy

5 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

I hear ya but it could also just be a waste of money. I've yet(knock on wood) to be stopped by an immigration officer using regular lanes, and I'm sure many others have the same experience.  An immigration officer with a big line whos annoyed in some cases could be more prone to just rush through and continue through the line.

I'd easily pay extra for the piece of mind of using a safer lane. I researched it when I heard of it but found it carries risk all the same. 

Its really hard to say how much better it is to go through these lanes when people have been stopped the same. Just like everything with going through airport immigration in Thailand its random as hell for those of us who have alot of time spent here over recent years. 

little off topic I guess, but I use them to avoid the long lines and get through Immigration quickly.  It's around 2,000 Bhat, which for me at BKK, is money very well spent. From aircraft seat to my car seat is usually around 20 minutes.  

• Like 1

Yes, What is wrong with these people. I have held a retirement Visa for 12 years and now they are refusing to renew it.

I have arrived yesterday afternoon at suvarnabhumi airport, with regular 2 months tourist visa, released by thai embassy in italy. The officer at immigration, asked me to show again documents, like fligh return ticket, hotel booking etc. Even I have her the documents requested, she refused to recognise me visa, and she gave to me a simple 30 days "visa on arrival", even my return flight ticket is after 1 month and half. What is wrong with this country? She can do it? It'salready 20 years that I travelled everywhere, and it's the first time in my life that something like this happens.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Sad 1

Whilst in this case this might have been a mistake, or prehaps bloody mindedness by the IO, it's worth keeping in mind that it most countries in the world a visa doesn't guarantee admission to that country, it simply allows the passenger to travel to that countries border, and it's then up to the individual IO, and/or their superior, to decide whether to admit/land the visa.

The IO is still supposed to act within their countries Immigration Laws and not act alone on a whim, indeed, as I said, in most countries an Immigration Officer is required to seek the approval of a superior before refusing entry or altering the conditions of the entry clearance.

1 hour ago, Yme said:

I always avoid, if possible, the female immigration officers. Their inability to accurately aim where their stamp is going to land thereby taking up much more space than necessary is probably linked to them not having a male appendage to practice their aim with. Appalling waste of pages. The Toms are ok though.

Recently I asked a female immigration officer to (entry) stamp my PP a few pages back from where my visa was , because it was a page just a quarter full and I even opened the page and asked to be stamped in on that page .

And she said "No" and stamped me on on the next empty page 

• Like 2

Recently I asked a female immigration officer to (entry) stamp my PP a few pages back from where my visa was , because it was a page just a quarter full and I even opened the page and asked to be stamped in on that page .
  And she said "No" and stamped me on on the next empty page 
Not just here, extremely annoying when you travel a lot. It's almost like they insist on using the stamp to cause the most wastage in your passport

Russian immigration on the other hand are exceptional at lining the stamps up, so thumbs up to them.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Like the world over, spiteful people just looking to make themselves feel superior by causing problems for others. 

An important part of this situation is what avenues exist to get fair treatment. 

When monopolies and upper handed governments don't allow for resolution.

So what appeals have been made and to who?

I think the Italian embassy would be a good place to start with inquires.

Or forget it and move on would be a good choice too. 

You've just had some bad luck running into an unfair person.

Go and enjoy a coffee, movie and forget about it, but it's good you've shared.

Take care.

On 3/2/2019 at 4:04 AM, Dexlowe said:

If everything is above board from your side of things, then all I can say is that you are a victim of Thai little bigmanism. It's a worry. I'm due to arrive in 6 weeks with an METV and a return ticket of about 5 months. I have my own house in Thailand, money in 2 Thai banks (plus cash from home in my pocket), and a history of many years of working and paying taxes in Thailand. All that can mean nothing at the whim of some poorly trained idiot with an inferiority complex. Maybe I need to practise Grovelling 101 before I go.

I have my own house in Thailand....You Mean You're WIFE Has HER Own house in Thailand.....

• Haha 2

I always make a bee line for the female immigration officers, never had a problem, there again I imagine its something to with being a handsome man, at least thats what they call me around town.

And yes, fast track immigration is only for business and first class tickets, I am a premier member with Bangkok Airways and they no longer hand out fast track cards if you are in economy.

9 minutes ago, sungod said:

imagine its something to with being a handsome man, at least thats what they call

Or on the other end of the spectrum. I'm one mean ugly tuff looking dude. They don't wanna mess with me.

23 minutes ago, sungod said:

I always make a bee line for the female immigration officers, never had a problem, there again I imagine its something to with being a handsome man, at least thats what they call me around town.

Just before they tell you they "love you long time"?

6 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Whilst in this case this might have been a mistake, or prehaps bloody mindedness by the IO, it's worth keeping in mind that it most countries in the world a visa doesn't guarantee admission to that country, it simply allows the passenger to travel to that countries border, and it's then up to the individual IO, and/or their superior, to decide whether to admit/land the visa.

The IO is still supposed to act within their countries Immigration Laws and not act alone on a whim, indeed, as I said, in most countries an Immigration Officer is required to seek the approval of a superior before refusing entry or altering the conditions of the entry clearance.

What you said it's not completely true. About international laws, visa don't garantee you entrance, but the correct procedure is stamp your visa with "rejected", give a right motivation about it, and it could be made by a superior immigration officer, not really act like visa doesn't exist like in this case, and change the visa in something that she think is more fit, in her opinion, theoretically, she hasn't power to do that. Or you accept the visa or you don't 

On 3/3/2019 at 8:33 AM, onera1961 said:

We are sorry to inform you that the airport authorities have changed the policy on Premium Fast track coupons usage and has advised us of the following with immediate effect. Only Passengers holding First and Business class tickets will be allowed to use the Premium Fast track coupons and channels. Passengers travelling in economy class will not be allowed to use Premium Fast track channel.

I doubt that. I had  coupons last few trips due to flying Business Class and they seemed to be of little benefit. On the way out of the country, the airport was very busy and any families with children were being permitted. Fast track was all Russians with their kids and very slow. On the way in a large group of Chinese on a tour were being allowed through, no sign of any coupons. 

15 hours ago, fireundersh said:

What you said it's not completely true. About international laws, visa don't garantee you entrance, but the correct procedure is stamp your visa with "rejected", give a right motivation about it, and it could be made by a superior immigration officer, not really act like visa doesn't exist like in this case, and change the visa in something that she think is more fit, in her opinion, theoretically, she hasn't power to do that. Or you accept the visa or you don't 

They don't cancel the visa, though they can reject-entry.  At the Bangkok airports, they are reported to reject without any evidence that their reason for rejection is applicable to the visitor - but this will not happen at law-abiding entry points (all land borders except Poipet/Aranyaprathet).

On 3/2/2019 at 5:04 AM, Dexlowe said:

If everything is above board from your side of things, then all I can say is that you are a victim of Thai little bigmanism. It's a worry. I'm due to arrive in 6 weeks with an METV and a return ticket of about 5 months. I have my own house in Thailand, money in 2 Thai banks (plus cash from home in my pocket), and a history of many years of working and paying taxes in Thailand. All that can mean nothing at the whim of some poorly trained idiot with an inferiority complex. Maybe I need to practise Grovelling 101 before I go.

How incredibly sad that such a great destination is becoming so uncertain.  I am pleased I changed to the Philippines, I only go to Thailand now for holidays and dental work. 

On 3/2/2019 at 7:09 PM, JackThompson said:

I would still follow advise, above - Go to immigration office, say there was an error and they put the wrong stamp (showing TR Visa and being very calm and polite).  Don't indicate the IO did this deliberately.  Bring your flight-out proof, though you should not need it (in theory).  Reports indicate they will fix it.

As above.

While this might not be the reason in your case (and if not, don't know what the reason was) but it is common that airport and border crossing IOs miss the fact someone has a visa and give instead a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Go to Immigration at Cheangwattana and explain it like that (as a mistake), they can correct the stamp and give you the 60 days stay.

After a ping pong between immgration at cheangwattana and airport, I get bored. I asked the extension visa of 30 days and ending of the story...I don't want spend all holiday following this stupid burocratic game. 

Anyway the conclusion is: it doesn't matter which visa you have, the simple rank officer at immigration, can change it. So get thai visa at embassy is just a waste of time and money, just get directly the visa on arrival. 

I have feeling that this country doesn't like indipendent travellers or people trying to stay longer. Luckily isn't the only destination in south east asia. I wonder how you can leave here...burocracy is totally stupid, inefficient and everyone tell you different things