Trump asks China to lift tariffs on U.S. farm products

rooster59

On 3/2/2019 at 12:16 PM, zydeco said:

Selfish narcissist. Of course, it's important for him. His stock holdings track the S&P and he is desperate to inflate the stock bubble even more. This miserable human being doesn't care about the country, the economy, or China's hollowing out of America. Just what is good for himself.  

Missing your medication has disastrous results.

14 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

You realize that many people have retirement accounts with index funds that track the S&P? The market is off to its best start of the year in the past 30 years and you act like it is a bad thing. I guess it is bad if you are not invested but for those millions upon millions of people how compound their money for retirement or whatever else it has been great. Assuming they didn't get scared and sell back late last year. 

The level of uninformed comments in any threads about economic matters here can be astounding. Reading this forum is like encountering people that have been stuck in an isolated bubble. 

The big problem, as Trump sees it: The low interest rate environment fostered by the Federal Reserve that has coincided with a 227 percent market gain since the financial crisis lows.

“If rates go up, you’re going to see something that’s not pretty,” the billionaire businessman told Fox News during a Tuesday morning phone interview. “It’s all a big bubble.” https://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/09/donald-trump-on-the-stock-market-its-all-a-big-bubble.html

I guess that makes Trump uninformed, too. At least the Trump of 2016. If it was a bubble then, what is it now?  How people can put their own selfish interest against the good of the country is beyond me. Just to make money off trading the bubble market and then walking away when the collapse hits. Well, when it does, there will not be a place to hide.