New Zealander who made "millions and millions" from drugs found dead in Thailand

rooster59

Operation Ark's Lee Vincent confirmed dead in Thailand

Matthew Rosenberg

1551485485741.jpg

A sample of the pills seized during the Operation Ark drugs bust.

A man who was linked to a drug ring which made "millions and millions" off the pills it dealt has died in Thailand.

Lee Vincent, who also goes by the name Kemp Ashby, was linked to Operation Ark – a covert investigation into Ecstasy-like pills.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade confirmed he had died and the New Zealand Embassy in Bangkok had provided consular assistance to a family member.

Full story: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/110980698/operation-arks-lee-vincent-confirmed-dead-in-thailand

Stuff: 2019-03-03

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Vacuum said:
38 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

They need drugs to enjoy themselves? a poor state of affairs.

I don't think they "need" the drugs, but they'll enhance the enjoyment. Is this not the reason why people use drugs?

So they need drugs to enhance the enjoyment?

I don't think "enjoyment" of drugs is an issue, what they can (may) do to you over time is.   Even this guy said his health was really bad for a couple years, fighting hard to control infections, long hospitalization for sepsis, needing an amputation. Infectious problems frequent heavy drug users. Considering he was young and athletic, I would suspect drugs. 

11 minutes ago, rabas said:

I don't think "enjoyment" of drugs is an issue, what they can (may) do to you over time is.   Even this guy said his health was really bad for a couple years, fighting hard to control infections, long hospitalization for sepsis, needing an amputation. Infectious problems frequent heavy drug users. Considering he was young and athletic, I would suspect drugs. 

I would suspect AIDs, as sepsis and infection problems are commonly the end game.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rabas said:

this guy said his health was really bad for a couple years, fighting hard to control infections, long hospitalization for sepsis, needing an amputation. Infectious problems frequent heavy drug users. Considering he was young and athletic, I would suspect drugs. 

Well, Im old and do not have any of his health issues.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Well, what I understand from the link, the drug was a 'copy' of ecstasy. A well known party drug used by many 'clubbers'. Never seen them having any "misery" when they are enjoying themselves at night clubs.

a copy of ecstacy? its either mdma or it isnt.

Edited by metempsychotic

I personally know of a guy from Norway in Chiang Rai that sold drugs enjoys insulting lets say government higher ups on YouTube in the comments and gets off on it. Question ? Why is he still aloud to stay here. Many more like this New Zealand piece of crap walking freely in Thailand .

• Like 1

Vincent had been living in Thailand with his mother and had managed to avoid extradition by the NZ Police for seven years

So , either he did not turn up for his 90 days like the mad Russian pair OR it shows that Thailand would rather hold on to high end criminals than poorer pensioners !

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Well, what I understand from the link, the drug was a 'copy' of ecstasy. A well known party drug used by many 'clubbers'. Never seen them having any "misery" when they are enjoying themselves at night clubs.

Yes they do enjoy themselves so do we let it all in? flood the kids with drug temptations? Let their lives turn to sh*t? Don't tell me its a free world when they are surrounded by peer pressure & cheap thrills. Ice destroys lives families & communities, so roll out the gallows for the drug profiteers. The argument about 'alcohol & nicotine being the same' is for those trying to justify their drug habit or those that haven't had the experience.

• Like 1