Video: Thanks a bunch! Man in wheelchair uses head to try to shift double parked car

webfact

Video: Thanks a bunch! Man in wheelchair uses head to try to shift double parked car

10pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A Facebook poster said that when out shopping with their family in an On Nut, Bangkok, store they saw a man in a wheelchair trying to remove a double parked car that was blocking his vehicle from getting out of a handicapped parking spot. 

He was using his head - literally - to try and roll the offending vehicle away. 

Noodao Yeeja's husband went to help him out. 

She said that people should remember not just not to use handicapped parking spaces - but also not to park in front of them even if their car is in neutral. 

Here at Thaivisa we thought that people might know that already - we were obviously wrong!

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-04

34 minutes ago, kotsak said:

Every Tesco place I've been in Thailand is the same story. It's just hopeless and it's not just Tesco. It's in their blood not to give a rat's a$$ for the needs of others. Only drastic measures could teach those bar stuards  a lesson.

Thais generally regard the handicapped as karmic retribution so are less altruistic towards them. 

48 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

Thais generally regard the handicapped as karmic retribution so are less altruistic towards them. 

very convenient, an excuse for everything have the Thai

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

In the UK, I carried a screwdriver in my car for that purpose. ????

You deliberately carried a screw driver around so you could vandalise the vehicles of others you considered inconsiderate towards you????? 

There is now a growing issue with teens in the UK carrying knives to ‘vandalise’ (commit assault) to others they considered inconsiderate towards them.

You are looking for a problem... and found scratching someone’s car you may very well end up with said screwdriver imbedded in your abdomen. Your actions are immature but worse than that they are highly foolish.

I understand the frustration. But aren’t you guys mature enough and thick skinned enough to let a situation like this pass and just get on with your life?

There’s no need to get ‘Ronnie Pickering’ about it.... leave a note next time and don’t unnecessarily escalate a situation. 

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You deliberately carried a screw driver around so you could vandalise the vehicles of others you considered inconsiderate towards you????? 

There is now a growing issue with teens in the UK carrying knives to ‘vandalise’ (commit assault) to others they considered inconsiderate towards them.

You are looking for a problem... and found scratching someone’s car you may very well end up with said screwdriver imbedded in your abdomen. Your actions are immature but worse than that they are highly foolish.

I understand the frustration. But aren’t you guys mature enough and thick skinned enough to let a situation like this pass and just get on with your life?

There’s no need to get ‘Ronnie Pickering’ about it.... leave a note next time and don’t unnecessarily escalate a situation. 

I understand what you are saying, I am one of the nicest guys you will meet, but if someone deliberately does me wrong, they take the consequencies.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

She said that people should remember not just not to use handicapped parking spaces - but also not to park in front of them even if their car is in neutral. 

They know already but just don't care of other people 

Me first generation 

But why not send them a fine number plate is clearly 

3 hours ago, Spike1938 said:

Also those who use handicap toilets because they like the privacy. I have had to wait to get into one while some young stud uses it to masturbate.

Do tell how do you know he was hand delivering??

• Haha 2

Some Thais, and foreigners for that matter are just lazy and inconsiderate but unless something is done they will continue to get away with it. What we need is some wheel clamps or tow trucks to address the problem and charge the offenders full cost plus a bonus for the company’s doing the job. Good business for some enterprising Thai

15 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I understand what you are saying, I am one of the nicest guys you will meet, but if someone deliberately does me wrong, they take the consequencies.

Yep... I get you.. I feel the same and get annoyed easily when someone deliberately wrongs me. But I draw the line at causing physical damage to property if they do, unless its truly warranted and I need to defend myself, then the full ‘keyboard warrior’ in me metamorphosises into reality and I do the Krane from Karate kid and tell them I’m a black-belt in origami...

Unforunately I can’t re-educate the world, and find it easier to just let the annoying things around me slide. 

That said, letting the tire down would make me feel better, although I hope I’d be switched on enough at the time to do so after moving the car out of my way !

More on topic: Don’t most car parks have a trolley jack at hand for such circumstances?

I remember getting blocked in for 20mins by a total tool (similar age to me - I was in my 30’s) at Emporium. He returned to his car, walked past me and ignored me. It was obvious I was waiting for his car to be moved. My blood boiled and I gave him a few choice words - he just ignored me without so much as an apology. In hind sight the ‘screw driver’ to his car seems like the right move.

After this event I was told that the security have a trolley jack, but prefer not to use it a) because it takes effort and b) because there is a risk of damaging the car and c) because the tool who parked blocking someone is usually self centred enough that they give the security a hard time for moving their car (sh!t rolls down hill).

It appears to me that social media in Thailand is only form of accountability that the selfish anti-social tools are at risk of facing. Those enforcing the law do nothing to moderate the well being of society. 

After seeing this on the news the Shopping Centre would have done well to Ban this car from parking at their parking lot again and public announce such. 

Edited by richard_smith237