Trump pressured aides to get security clearances for Ivanka, Kushner - CNN

webfact

3 hours ago, TGIR said:

If you knew anything about the Trump family you would be aware of the fact that his children were essentially raised in his office.  They have all evolved into intelligent, productive members of society. (my opinion, and I don't care about yours)  I bet he speaks with each of them every day at length.  Whatever you think of him, or them, they would likely discuss any and all matters of import to him regardless of "security" concerns.  He no doubt issued them clearances to keep all of them and himself from being betrayed by the Democrats or "Never-Trumpers" for simply speaking to each other.   Call it whatever you want, I know of no other President or children of Presidents who have worked for NOTHING as a token of respect to their country.    

In your opinion the Trumps grew up in an all-American, "Leave it to Beaver" type setting.  In my opinion the Trumps grew up in an amoral, laws-don't-apply-to-me, make money at any cost setting.  But there is no point in debating opinions.

Let's debate about Jared.  He didn't grow up in your fantasy of a Trump household.  Security investigators clearly thought he shouldn't be trusted with a clearance.  How do you justify Trump ordering a TS clearance for Jared then lying about it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TGIR said:

Looks like this topic is just about finished.....bristolboy, at this point, after over two years of everyone but the Pope having had his say about Trump, oops, I think even the Pope weighed in a while ago.  Anyway, it is abundantly clear half of America, most of Europe and who knows where else, everyone and his brother loves to hate Donald Trump.

I freely admit to thinking Donald Trump was a (pick your own words) when he first contemplated running for President.  I saw him in person once many years ago and he seemed like a self absorbed pretty boy with not much in the way of brains..................and there are days even now where I wonder if he's misplaced his compass.

That being said, if only for the conservatives, try to imagine given the swing to the far left our young people have taken, where America will be fourteen or fifteen years from now with a liberal President at the helm. I am praying every day lately that I'll still have a Social Security check coming, among other, more serious worries.  I am not the smartest person but I cannot think of a single living person with the guts to take the punishment Trump has endured, and still be able to function and fulfill every single campaign promise he made, but the one he's still working on.  I cannot remember a single one of the many Presidents I have voted for that even cared if he fulfilled his campaign promises.  And sadly, I can't think of a single man or woman who would fill his shoes.......douche-bag that he is, he is the man for the hour.  If he's lucky enough to make it through 2004 we have some ugly prospects ahead after he is gone.

If your Social Security goes away it will be because the Republicans will gut it to reduce the deficit caused by the Trump tax breaks.

How can you think Trump's "punishment", brought on by his refusal to reveal his taxes and put his finances in a blind trust and his shady ties with Russia, compares to Obama's enduring the birther nonsense, led by Trump, for most of his Presidency?

Trump promised to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something much better and cheaper.  Trump promised to make Mexico pay for a wall on our southern border.  Trump promised to eliminate the trade and federal budget deficits.  Trump promised a lot of things, but these are the big ones that come to mind.  How is he doing on these promises?

• Like 1