Showing Monies in your account

4 minutes ago, BertM said:

NCC1701A,

Rules state if you leave the country, when you return your 90-day clock starts over again. So, if you leave again before 90 days, then you don't have to go to immigration except for your yearly renewals. When flying into Thailand, you are basically checking in with immigration at the airport and getting a new entry stamp. I've been here 3 years and have only done (1) 90-day report because I travel a lot too in retirement. Kindly, BertM

thanks. i actually know that. i just did not think he was leaving the country every 90 days for 10 years or whatever. 

13 minutes ago, BertM said:

NCC1701A,

Rules state if you leave the country, when you return your 90-day clock starts over again. So, if you leave again before 90 days, then you don't have to go to immigration except for your yearly renewals. When flying into Thailand, you are basically checking in with immigration at the airport and getting a new entry stamp. I've been here 3 years and have only done (1) 90-day report because I travel a lot too in retirement. Kindly, BertM

So in theory they could also check passbook by leaving border /airport , to see if you comply with the money rule ….. I say in theory , as that would give longer que's ….so not advisable , but T.I.T

I think the control could be wherever you could meet a I.O or even at a Thai Embassy if one think to be clever to "change visa status" (by not taking a re entry...as ret.is void then ) , as now all Th. Embassy's are connected with Immigration computer 

Face I guy's they have us hooked , like it or not , so better comply with the rule ….your bank passbook is your ret.ext. lifeline , it does not lie ????

41 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

thanks. i actually know that. i just did not think he was leaving the country every 90 days for 10 years or whatever. 

Understand... It's hard to believe 10 years and never having to report. Some people do work out-of-country and others travel a lot I guess. I know a couple of guys who live here but work outside, so they are never here more than a month or two then gone again.

Have a good evening...

Edited by BertM

10 minutes ago, BertM said:

Understand... It's hard to believe 10 years and never having to report.

In the past 10 years I have had to do a 90 report not more than perhaps 4 or 5 times.

I go to Cambodia a lot. And back to farangland once a year.

5 hours ago, BertM said:

NCC1701A,

He's probably on a yearly extension based on marriage or retirement. Some people travel a lot, so when you fly back in the 90-day clock starts over. I just read where someone already answered you, but I cannot delete my post.

I know people that work and fly in and out every few weeks - they would never be here for a continuous 90 days and have a 12 month ext with multiple re- entry, why is that so hard to understand for some people.

I also know people who use agents for everything including 90 day reports

what happens over the next 15 months will be interesting and some might find themselves jumping through hoops if they are using agents and backhanders to bypass the rules

• Like 1

The people making money or cheating have been put on warning and given until March 2020 to stop it, the OP wants to reduce that leeway to 90 days. Why do we poke our noses in?
That is my feeling because I don’t touch the money but if the OP has a problem finding the extra cash which this rule entails than he should plead his case with Immigration. If the rule was introduced to remove ‘agents’ from the scene, those not using agents shouldn’t need to worry.
Just a glance at the bank book would show whether the money was yours or not. If there are those who show the cash then remove it to ‘invest’ for nine months then you will have to stop doing that.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Dr. Jack I find this very interesting. I thought everybody had to do 90 day reporting. What kind of visa do you have?

Any person who regularly leaves Thailand need not make 90 day reports. 

why not mail the 90 day in?  you don't stay somewhere long enough to get the 90 day receipt back?  or is it a worry thing, don't trust the mail or mailman is too overworked... I have that situation but still send by mail.  I'm a worry person, and have over worked mailman, he works Buddhist holidays and as late as 8 pm on weekends.  but no problem with 90 day in Chiangmai and get to avoid the "weauhng" except for some shopping.  it's wonderful.  SASE with 9 THB stamp.  

Edited by WeekendRaider

A friend that renewed his retirement extension at Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration on March 6 using the 800k in Thai bank was required to sign a new document as part of the process.

The document contains a copy of the pertinent section of the Police Order effective March 1, 2019. At the bottom is typed:
PLEASE SHOW AN UPDATE BANKBOOK TO IMMIGRATION ON ____________TEL:_____________    followed by a line for signature of the applicant for extension and date.

So far, only reports I read are from people renewing in Jomtien on having to return to show the bank book. No other locations being reported. Disappointing for those in Jomtien...

Edited by BertM

This is the information detail of requirement issued by Koh Samui which I got on Monday there is no mention that a bank statement orpass book is reqIred once the extension of stay has been permitted I have to presume that this is an oversight by the IM

FB603113-F8F3-43C7-8389-64C8C189A19E.jpeg

6 hours ago, smedly said:

I know people that work and fly in and out every few weeks - they would never be here for a continuous 90 days and have a 12 month ext with multiple re- entry, why is that so hard to understand for some people.

Not hard for me to understand. I've been here 3 years and have only done (1) 90-day report because I take several international trips each year for pleasure, not for work and not border land crossings. I was only replying to someone else about why some people never have to do reports. Not sure why you quoted me. Kindly...

Edited by BertM

26 minutes ago, BertM said:

So far, only reports I read are from people renewing in Jomtien on having to return to show the bank book within 90-days. None others, fingers crossed... Kindly

I wouldn't guarantee that.

I was advised that I should bring my updated Pass book in when I did my 90 day report just in case they wanted to check it. But was also told that things might change.

Whatever they will still check you pass book when you do your yearly renewal.

So if you haven't kept the correct amount in it for the desired amount of time you might be refused a new one. I also live 500km north of Jomtien Pattaya. So looks like other places will do much the same. Depending on how they translate the new rules.

Edited by fredob43

11 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I wouldn't guarantee that.

I was advised that I should bring my updated Pass book in when I did my 90 day report just in case they wanted to check it. But was also told that things might change.

Whatever they will still check you pass book when you do your yearly renewal.

So if you haven't kept the correct amount in it for the desired amount of time you might be refused a new one. I also live 500km north of Jomtien Pattaya. So looks like other places will do much the same. Depending on how they translate the new rules.

Just saying no reports yet from other locations requiring it. And, CW in Bangkok is the largest immigration office where I live... One report from CW from yesterday (that posted above me) said he was not required to come back...

Edited by BertM

Wow, first a simple case history and then people find a million problems. Lets assume you are a bit clever or a bit stupid,

1. You do your ext RV

2. at each 90 day you happen to be out of the country.

3.a how about the IM officer at Airport  maybe he would ask for proof but no maybe not so you have escaped for 10 months without needing money in bank.

3b. 2 months before renewal you season 800.000 and trot of to IM, the IM officer says bye bye mister, refusal as you have not kept to your RV with funds as required, there is no hideing

17 hours ago, Justin Side said:

Nonsense. Some people never do 90 day reports.

What happens then?

yes, can do online or by post.

i agree with you

but, as someone else has said on here, the 90 day report and the 90 day bank balance check are two different things.

Easy fix, just do as the IO tell you when you get your next Visa.

simples

I dont know what everyone is worried about

As we know, all IO are different.  So just do as yours want

My immigration Office isn’t doing that at all as far as I know but I think I’ll bring my pass book with me anyway when I do my next 90 day report since I just got my next one year extension stamp only a few days ago just in case.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

So in theory those who do the monthly income route should also show the monies have been received every month?

What a clusterf---k.

No theory about it, that's the fact... you need to show 65K coming into Thailand every month. 

If you went for an extension today, they would expect to see at least 2 monthly xfers of 65K+ to cover the 2 months since the rule was introduced. 

Showing 1 x 130K (or 1Million) for January OR February won't cut it - got to be at least 65K & every month.

Edited by Mike Teavee

1 hour ago, Almer said:

Wow, first a simple case history and then people find a million problems. Lets assume you are a bit clever or a bit stupid,

1. You do your ext RV

2. at each 90 day you happen to be out of the country.

3.a how about the IM officer at Airport  maybe he would ask for proof but no maybe not so you have escaped for 10 months without needing money in bank.

3b. 2 months before renewal you season 800.000 and trot of to IM, the IM officer says bye bye mister, refusal as you have not kept to your RV with funds as required, there is no hideing

And forgotten that your passbook bank shows whole the history ….just to see by the ret.ext. I.O. who has there the decision that you followed the money ruling present AND past ….!!

You can get away with it until that new application only ...

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

Probably the same way as they have been handling extension and 90 day reports previously. Agents will use the same bank officers and IO officers to by-pass the system. Whether it will be for an extra fee only time will tell.

But open to any RANDOM control from a out of the group I.O.....that possibility exists ….3th party control !

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Exactly Justin. As I have posted many threads. Never done 90 day report in 7 yrs. Many other expat similar. The reporting bank book surely must be another Thaivisa conspiracy theory. 

Dear Dr. Jack, the TM30 you should be filing every time you come back to LOS, is it another conspiracy theory?

• Haha 1