Showing Monies in your account

On 3/6/2019 at 12:45 PM, wgdanson said:

The 90 day report and showing Immigration your bank book are two completely separate things. 

You could be on a Retirement Extension and pop off abroad for a trip, returning a day before your previous 90 days would be due. You do not have to do one, only when you have been permanently in Thailand for 90 days.

As for showing your bank book, that would be 90 days/three months after you got your Extension.

I always come back 2 days before my 90 days expire never had a problem, 90 days stamp given.

Edited by Percy P
Addition

15 minutes ago, Percy P said:

I always come back 2 days before my 90 days expire never had a problem, 90 days stamp given.

Are you talking about 90 day reporting or a 90 day permission to stay stamp?

If you are saying that you exit and then come back to Thailand 2 days before the 90 days expire and then go and do a 90 day report, you are completely wrong. As soon as you exited Thailand your requirement to do a  90 day report ended, because you had stayed less than 90 days. So when you re enter Thailand it is day 1. You do not have to report. Now if you are saying you are given on arrival a 90 day permission to stay stamp, that is something completely different. So for clarity, what is it?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jimn said:

Are you talking about 90 day reporting or a 90 day permission to stay stamp?

If you are saying that you exit and then come back to Thailand 2 days before the 90 days expire and then go and do a 90 day report, you are completely wrong. As soon as you exited Thailand your requirement to do a  90 day report ended, because you had stayed less than 90 days. So when you re enter Thailand it is day 1. You do not have to report. Now if you are saying you are given on arrival a 90 day permission to stay stamp, that is something completely different. So for clarity, what is it?

No sorry .when my one year validity visa multi entrance is about to expire I come back into Thailand two day before the expiration date  then I have an extra 90 days . The visa is a none immigrant cat o multi entrance, which l can use for one year.

1 minute ago, Percy P said:

No sorry .when my one year validity visa multi entrance is about to expire I come back into Thailand two day before the expiration date  then I have an extra 90 days . The visa is a none immigrant cat o multi entrance, which l can use for one year.

Ok thats fair enough, thanks for the clarification. I only questioned what you meant because you posted your comment in reply to a poster who was posting about 90 day reporting at immigration, not a 90 day entry upon arriving in Thailand.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, Sheryl said:

Where are you getting all this from? The OP has not indicated any difficulty having the money. He is not trying to "shorten" anything,

He asked an appropriate question - what is expected of him in terms of verifying that the income remained untouched, something the Police Order does not explain - and he reported the answer he was given.

Requiring people to return in person to immigration after 90 days to show their bankbooks again places quite a burden on the many people who either do nto need to file a 90 day report, or usually do it online or by mail and live far from immigration. It also limits people's mobility in that it means you cannot be out of the country (or even out of your province) 90 days later. People travel etc. Obviously they have to arrange to be around at the time of renewal of extension but requiring them to then be around 90 days later (and for all we know, 90 days after that ad infinitum) is a real burden. And will also greatly clog up Imm offices.

I'm not going to be in Thailand 90 days after I do my extension. I would have to fly back at great expense and inconvenience if required to come to immigration to show my bank book at that point. And nothing in the Police Order says I should have to do so. On the contrary, Imm guidelines still state 90 day report is needed only if you have been in the country 90 consecutive days and can be done by mail or online. It also listed the required documents and bank book is bit one of them.

My 800k is in a Fixed Deposit account and will not be touched, at all ever.  That's not the issue.

Spot on I am the OP. Like you I don't need to touch the monies. Have had the 800th in a 3 year deposit account for over 12 years. Put the monies in at 74bt = 1 UK pound. I could see things getting difficult as the years progressed. I thought at one time it would go to 1 Mil.

I only put in what I was informed by my local immigration, as a heads up.

How it has got into 90 day reporting Buddha only know. But that's peeps on TVF. All I know is that at some time they will want to see your monies still intact. Might as I said my one on 90 day report whenever that is. Or at best they will check the next time you apply for your 1 year extension.

All resulting in insufficient funds for the duration No renewal. They have got you whatever you do. Comply or you'll be buggered. 

Edited by fredob43

31 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

...All I know is that at some time they will want to see your monies still intact. Might as I said my one on 90 day report whenever that is. Or at best they will check the next time you apply for your 1 year extension.

All resulting in insufficient funds for the duration No renewal. They have got you whatever you do. Comply or you'll be buggered. 

Of course they would check on next extension (and this is all that some IOs, inc Bkk, have told people they will do). That makes sense and does not require any extra trips to immigration.

And it's a given that failing to comply with the new regs will result in loss of permission to stay.  (Though there is still a need to clarify what they actually are, esp the combo method).

The issue is that it has been reported that some IOs, inc Jomtien and I think Phuket?, are requiring people to make special trips to Imm at 3 month intervals to show their bankbook.

Likely the result of the central level having given no guidance or instructions as to how to enforce the new rules. Individual offices are trying to figure it out on their own.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Of course they would check on next extension (and this is all that some IOs, inc Bkk, have told people they will do). That makes sense and does not require any extra trips to immigration.

And it's a given that failing to comply with the new regs will result in loss of permission to stay.  (Though there is still a need to clarify what they actually are, esp the combo method).

The issue is that it has been reported that some IOs, inc Jomtien and I think Phuket?, are requiring people to make special trips to Imm at 3 month intervals to show their bankbook.

Likely the result of the central level having given no guidance or instructions as to how to enforce the new rules. Individual offices are trying to figure it out on their own.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

It seems that's what my local I/O is requiring. They as I have tried to point out want to see My updated bank book when I do my reports.

Not a problem for me as I can get my book updated at the bank in one of their outside ATM. I did ask but they said that a bank letter wouldn't be required. Just the book. One of the things she did mention was THINGS CAN CHANGE.

Seems nothing is written in stone at present. TIT.

Edited by fredob43

I am glad I read this because it drew my attention to my reporting. Usually I have a heads up in my phone so never miss the 90 day reporting requirement. I bought a new phone and I updated my calendar automatically. I just had a look at my passport and realised that my 90 day was due on the 3rd. March. I checked my phone and the alert was not there. Now after investigating why this occurred I found out the problem was created about 2 weeks ago when I was preparing to get rid of my old phone and so went through the calendar deleting all the information. Little did I know but the two phones were still syncing. Hence all my dates were deleted in the new phone at the same time.

OMG So tomorrow I will have to get along to Jomtien Imm. and see what happens. I have never been late before so not sure what will happen with the late reporting. I will surely take along my updated pass book as well just in case.

Den

1 minute ago, denby45 said:

OMG So tomorrow I will have to get along to Jomtien Imm. and see what happens. I have never been late before so not sure what will happen with the late reporting. I will surely take along my updated pass book as well just in case.

Have 2000 baht with you to pay the fine for late reporting.

• Sad 1