Showing Monies in your account

So in that case , how the "agents" go help you out....another $,€,GBP contribution ? :whistling:

Or a special notice in immigration computer , so B.J. can sack a few I.O.'s more …..

Don't mind the agents "dont worry talk" , as in between time they keep collecting anyway your money  and later it becomes YOUR problem ! Remember you farang are end line person ….your fault anyway just by being in Thailand..., if not came you should not have that ...remember ? :omfg:

Edited by david555
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

The 90 day report and showing Immigration your bank book are two completely separate things. 

You could be on a Retirement Extension and pop off abroad for a trip, returning a day before your previous 90 days would be due. You do not have to do one, only when you have been permanently in Thailand for 90 days.

As for showing your bank book, that would be 90 days/three months after you got your Extension.

Anyway the trace remains for whenever you come under their control , or just by refusing next ret.ext. 

This could also happen when I.O's are keeping bending the rules ..

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

As my post I was told when I do my First 90 report I would be required to show Bank book. Doesn't matter when I do my 90 day report. Just that I would have to show my updated bank pass book when I did it. Got it NOW.

Might be better if you go along to your local immigration and find out what they will require. I just informed peeps that's what my one wants.

Having spent time deciphering your post you didn't take into consideration if you were out of country when immigration needs to see your Bank monies. So I still stand by my 90 day report and showing monies at the same time.

Understand your point , some do not (want to..) understand that at any moment they could ask you to show the bank sum , only maybe when leaving the country stops the clock for the 90 days and so also there would be proof you can /could not show , but at any other occasion we are controllable about it.

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Have to agree. I thought my OP was pretty clear. But there's always some plonker that tries to find a different clue.

The confusion may be because Jomtien is reported as not connecting the "report to show bank book" visit with 90-day reporting - whereas other offices are re-setting the 90-days reporting when the extension is done, and saying to do both at the same time.

So far, no answers to: "What if I am not in the country on that date?" and/or "What if I don't need to do a 90-day report?"  We can only guess.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

The confusion may be because Jomtien is reported as not connecting the "report to show bank book" visit with 90-day reporting - whereas other offices are re-setting the 90-days reporting when the extension is done, and saying to do both at the same time.

So far, no answers to: "What if I am not in the country on that date?" and/or "What if I don't need to do a 90-day report?"  We can only guess.

I just put in what my local immigration want's at "present" I did say that peeps should check with their local one. So far my local one still requires a 90 day report. Three of those buggers if I don't leave the country at anytime.

None of the above will cause me any problems as local Immigration is only a few min: (8) drive from my place. It's also nothing like the Pattaya one.

I was in my one this morning getting a re-entry visa took less than 15 min: including filling out the form. Would have been a lot less but spent time talking about how things will change. They even offered me a coffee. Declined same as the one they gave me before was 50% sugar.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fredob43 said:

As my post I was told when I do my First 90 report I would be required to show Bank book. Doesn't matter when I do my 90 day report. Just that I would have to show my updated bank pass book when I did it. Got it NOW.

Might be better if you go along to your local immigration and find out what they will require. I just informed peeps that's what my one wants.

Having spent time deciphering your post you didn't take into consideration if you were out of country when immigration needs to see your Bank monies. So I still stand by my 90 day report and showing monies at the same time.

No doubt individual offices will have different procedures on this, But as pointed out some people don’t do 90 day reports, some do them online, and they aren’t always due 90 days after a renewal, etc. It could work for first time applicants or at offices that reset the 90 day count for renewal applications.

I expect they will give a specific date to return and show the bank book that may or may not coincide with the 90 day report.

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:

No doubt individual offices will have different procedures on this, But as pointed out some people don’t do 90 day reports, some do them online, and they aren’t always due 90 days after a renewal, etc. It could work for first time applicants or at offices that reset the 90 day count for renewal applications.

I expect they will give a specific date to return and show the bank book that may or may not coincide with the 90 day report.

Just curious to know how those using the " no money needed Agent solution" go handle this …?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Justin Side said:

Nonsense. Some people never do 90 day reports.

What happens then?

Exactly Justin. As I have posted many threads. Never done 90 day report in 7 yrs. Many other expat similar. The reporting bank book surely must be another Thaivisa conspiracy theory. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, elviajero said:

So how would that work if I was on extension based on retirement and had serious issue back home. Perhaps accident with child etc etc. List endless. Or maybe I got hit with stupid stick and wanted spend 6 months in USA or Europe. So I cannot show my freckle and bank book to Thai imm???

Please

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As I have posted many threads. Never done 90 day report in 7 yrs.

Dr. Jack I find this very interesting. I thought everybody had to do 90 day reporting. What kind of visa do you have?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Seriously?

Ever hear of traveling/flying out of the country before the 90 days then flying back in??

Time starts again no 90 day report is necessary.

I know many guys who have not reported for up to 10 years.

Always out and in every few months.

wow i wish i was flying around like that all the time. thanks. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ExpatDraco said:

You aren't flying? Crashed the Enterprise again or what? emoji28.png

i beam up and down. :clap2: i don't actually fly or cross borders.  :cheesy:

but seriously at some point they will want to see your bank book and the money was/is there or its not.

haha. i just typed bang book instead of bank book. must be a Friedan slip.  :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Dr. Jack I find this very interesting. I thought everybody had to do 90 day reporting. What kind of visa do you have?

Is that a wind up? 90 day report is required if you are in los for 90 consecutive days. I fly out of Thailand mostly under ever few weeks. On Friday I need transport to DM ...fly Saigon.

I don't have an elite visa. Can you give me a lift?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Justin Side said:

Nonsense. Some people never do 90 day reports.

What happens then?

They would have to if they used our immigration. We cant do it online have to go in. Missing your date and your fined, couple of weeks late and it's 2.000bt. Might be time to use your imagination. IE you would have to go in and show your updated Bank account. If you didn't have to report. Is how I see it. But who knows TIT.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

So how would that work if I was on extension based on retirement and had serious issue back home. Perhaps accident with child etc etc. List endless. Or maybe I got hit with stupid stick and wanted spend 6 months in USA or Europe. So I cannot show my freckle and bank book to Thai imm???

Please

No idea yet! And ultimately it will depend on how they issue the extension.

My guess is that they would be ok if someone is out of the country when due to show their passbook, but I expect that they will expect the bank book to be presented asap after returning.

If offices are going to have broad autonomy when processing these new rules, it’s going to be a nightmare until things settle down.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

NCC1701A,

He's probably on a yearly extension based on marriage or retirement. Some people travel a lot, so when you fly back in the 90-day clock starts over. I just read where someone already answered you, but I cannot delete my post.

Edited by BertM