Showing Monies in your account

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:

yes, can do online or by post.

i agree with you

but, as someone else has said on here, the 90 day report and the 90 day bank balance check are two different things.

Easy fix, just do as the IO tell you when you get your next Visa.

simples

I dont know what everyone is worried about

As we know, all IO are different.  So just do as yours want

So....if I was to get my annual extension using "money in bank" today then month or 2 later I wish/need to leave Thailand for couple months.....

Who trots off to imm office to show my updated bank book. 

8 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Dear Dr. Jack, the TM30 you should be filing every time you come back to LOS, is it another conspiracy theory?

Hells bells. They are not required at CW. There was one thread about one being required at CW few weeks back. That chap was on extension based on marriage. I also suspect that maybe something else caused his problem. You will see shortly replies such as..

" I have lived in bkk for many years and never done a TM30". Also never requested when doing extensions. But this has nothing to do with this thread. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I wouldn't guarantee that.

I was advised that I should bring my updated Pass book in when I did my 90 day report just in case they wanted to check it. But was also told that things might change.

Whatever they will still check you pass book when you do your yearly renewal.

So if you haven't kept the correct amount in it for the desired amount of time you might be refused a new one. I also live 500km north of Jomtien Pattaya. So looks like other places will do much the same. Depending on how they translate the new rules.

Did you ask what if you do online 90 day reports?

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So....if I was to get my annual extension using "money in bank" today then month or 2 later I wish/need to leave Thailand for couple months.....

Who trots off to imm office to show my updated bank book. 

The final control is with the new Ret.Ext.application next when the I.O. go check your passbook for the 800/400 k on bank seasoned and can check your WHOLE year history ! 

10 minutes ago, david555 said:

The final control is with the new Ret.Ext.application next when the I.O. go check your passbook for the 800/400 k on bank seasoned and can check your WHOLE year history ! 

Yes that (to me) is most sensible way to check at NEXT extension. If say someone has fallen below the 800/400k then they would not be able to obtain an extension and would have until their current permission of stay to leave los.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes that (to me) is most sensible way to check at NEXT extension. If say someone has fallen below the 800/400k then they would not be able to obtain an extension and would have until their current permission of stay to leave los.

I am not being pedantic here but playing devil's advocate. Under what regulations would they refuse the Extension if the 800k had been suitably seasoned for 3 months prior? The rules state the money must remain untouched for 3 months and then may be drawn down to a minimum of 400,000 baht during the 3-6 month period after the Extension is granted. Quite clearly!

Edited by jacko45k

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

And in mean time some control could be asked / done , wherever you come in contact for whatever needing .

Naturally some can travel , as 90 day time clock stops by leaving and start a new by entering Th. so in any case of a missed control by officials you can prove you have left that time Thailand...

All other smarties fail as passbook is your "alibi ", and loosing that one would not solve the history as history is in bank , worse … a new passbook can break the seasoning period as different number could be seen as different account , as some already experienced in good trust by using a fixed account for more %...., different banks different procedures by ending the fix account periods .

Can only give 1 solid advice ….follow the rules and no problems appear..... start saving for those not yet ready for that 

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I am not being pedantic here but playing devil's advocate. Under what regulations would they refuse the Extension if the 800k had been suitably seasoned for 3 months prior? The rules state the money must remain untouched for 3 months and then may be drawn down to a minimum of 400,000 baht during the 3-6 month period after the Extension is granted. Quite clearly!

Because that one did not followed  the former ruling ….,consider it as a red flagged stamp in your history .

How difficult is that to realizing ?

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

My example was poorly worded. Here is another go.

If I applied for extension today with the 800k seasoned...then no problem

I was meaning that the following extension (which would be 2020) the io can check my bankbook for whole year. 

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Because that one did not followed  the former ruling ….,consider it as a red flagged stamp in your history .

How difficult is that to realizing ?

You mean the previous one (due to expire) did not follow the rules!  

Then the rules need to be written accordingly and not subject to whimsical application.

I already suggested that previous Extensions should be deliberately allowed to expire, by perhaps leaving Thailand without a re-entry permit in month 11. Then go get a new Non-Imm-O and start again!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I was meaning that the following extension (which would be 2020) the io can check my bankbook for whole year. 

Nothing wrong with the way you worded it, Just that the new regulations do not specify a past/prior check on bank balance for 12 months in order to be approved. Simply a 3 month (or is it 2) seasoning of 800k. All the other stuff relates to checks after the extension has been granted. (Like probation).

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You mean the previous one (due to expire) did not follow the rules!  

Then the rules need to be written accordingly and not subject to whimsical application.

I already suggested that previous Extensions should be deliberately allowed to expire, by perhaps leaving Thailand without a re-entry permit in month 11. Then go get a new Non-Imm-O and start again!

True ….BUT the whole history stay's in computer and as I mentioned before , now all Embassy's are connected to the Immigration computer, you'r whole history can be checked .

You are correct as by leaving whiteout re entry ,your present visa or extension stops and can apply for any new visa …, open to application checks and your history with them 

22 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The rules don't make sense - especially with the enforcement-mechanisms not stated.  This way, each office gets to make up whatever works best for their particular extortion and/or work-avoidance rackets.

The real kicker, would be if every day after a balance drops below the required limits is counted as "overstay."  That's how it works for jobs that end, and marriage upon divorce - overstay begins the next day, leaving people to scramble to an immigration office to get a mere 7-days to "get out" (such a friendly policy). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JackThompson said:

The rules don't make sense - especially with the enforcement-mechanisms not stated.  This way, each office gets to make up whatever works best for their particular extortion and/or work-avoidance rackets.

The real kicker, would be if every day after a balance drops below the required limits is counted as "overstay."  That's how it works for jobs that end, and marriage upon divorce - overstay begins the next day, leaving people to scramble to an immigration office to get a mere 7-days to "get out" (such a friendly policy). 

Right ….. but as I think you are not a newcomer in Thailand ,you must know THEY make the rules (and applicated by different offices , desks and even different persons..) we just are expected to follow them ...if we like it or not !

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Nothing wrong with the way you worded it, Just that the new regulations do not specify a past/prior check on bank balance for 12 months in order to be approved. Simply a 3 month (or is it 2) seasoning of 800k. All the other stuff relates to checks after the extension has been granted. (Like probation).

So in theory, each year you could Deposit 800K into a bank account, go to Penang get a Non-O SE then 2-3 months later extend it for 12 months which means you would get 15 months stay with the money only needing to be in the bank for the length of time between getting the visa in Penanag and getting the Extension (2-3 months).

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

So in theory, each year you could Deposit 800K into a bank account, go to Penang get a Non-O SE then 2-3 months later extend it for 12 months which means you would get 15 months stay with the money only needing to be in the bank for the length of time between getting the visa in Penanag (2-3 months).

Or go home and get an O-A for 2 years and have nothing in the bank here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2019 at 12:45 PM, wgdanson said:

The 90 day report and showing Immigration your bank book are two completely separate things. 

You could be on a Retirement Extension and pop off abroad for a trip, returning a day before your previous 90 days would be due. You do not have to do one, only when you have been permanently in Thailand for 90 days.

As for showing your bank book, that would be 90 days/three months after you got your Extension.

So what happens if you leave the country the day after you complete your Extension? You might want to leave for 6 months as many do? Can't show them your bankbook if you're not here. Will, that disqualify you for anything? 

16 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

thanks. i actually know that. i just did not think he was leaving the country every 90 days for 10 years or whatever. 

I figured you knew already, but was trying to get him to clarify how he managed it, but he never replied to elaborate. You never know people's situation and most times they don't explain or they use partial quotes from other posters which are taken out of context. Some call this home but may be working outside and only coming back only for a few months a year (I know a few like that) so naturally they will never have to report. Or, they are making land border crossings or paying an agent to do their report or doing it online or by mail. Many reasons not to have to report in person. Not a big deal to argue over for sure. I'm sure they, IM will have a rule for those out of country. No worries...

Edited by BertM

8 minutes ago, BertM said:

I figured you knew already, but was trying to get him to clarify how he managed it, but he never replied to elaborate. You never know people's situation and most times they don't explain or they use partial quotes from other posters which are taken out of context. Some call this home but may be working outside and only coming back only for a few months a year (I know a few like that) so naturally they will never have to report. Or, they are making land border crossings or paying an agent to do their report or doing it online or by mail. Many reasons not to have to report in person. Not a big deal to argue over for sure. I'm sure they, IM will have a rule for those out of country. No worries...

As I said before...your bank passbook is your alibi to rectified what should have gone wrong by missing a eventual control update by leaving Thailand , same as resetting the 90 days system ….probably

I sent a letter to the Embassy in America asking if I could use a Thai Bank and Thai hospital.  If the answer is affirmative I'll go home and get a 2 year O-A visa and take my money out of the Thai bank after I get the visa. 

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I can give you 2 examples of why they refuse you on a extension, number 1 ,my mistake had the 800k in the bank thought it should be 2 months before immigration corrected me and said 3 months, held my hand up and said sorry I made a mistake then asked to pay a 12000b bribe to make things ok,  so changed to marriage which they were not happy about that was 3 years ago since then every time I go to renew it they want something, or cause a problem and always f---- me around, this time I took all the documents according to the thai immigration site 2 copies of everything photos all the other stuff they ask for, one week later wife gets a call from them now they want a 3rd copy her ID card and another copy of the kor tor 2, I asked if we could fax them or post them as its a 200k round trip, no was the answer you have to bring them yourself, I think once you piss them off you may as well move to somewhere else

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

if one wants to use the income method- one needs to show 65K  but is it proof of  having 65K per month from any source ( Poster shows the CW rules as just being able to prove 65K)  while at another office it has to be done by transfer into a Thai Bank from abroad

For an extension-of-stay within Thailand, the income must always be shown xferred in from abroad, unless using an embassy letter to show the income, instead.  In both cases, the IO can always ask for 2ndary documentation of the source (popular in Chiang Mai).

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

Some say it is all done to make the agents go away

This is just an Orwelllian cover-story, where the opposite is the truth.

Since the question of "Visas" obtained at Thai consulates abroad is mixed into this thread (by others), to reiterate - your money (bank-money, mo-income, or combo) can be in a bank abroad, to qualify for those - and no "money-seasoning" bull, either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Libai said:

Last week I did my 90 day report. The Jomtien  immigration officer stated that I didnot have to show anything other than my passport.

Please dont confuse people, thats only for your 90 day report. This thread is about showing proof that you have maintained 800k in your bank account for 3 months after your extension is granted and then keeping a balance of 400k afterwards.

Some/many never have to do a 90 day report...like me. Many of us have a multiple entry stamp and use it. So if based only on 90 day reporting, those of us who always leave before the 90 days will never have to show proof throughout the year...only at the annual extension visit. 

The only thing that is certain is the part that even they don't know...which is always the case here in Land Of Confusion. 

Left hand...meet right hand.

How do you do? 

I don't know. And you?

Me neither.

• Thanks 1

The O-A is a multiple entry visa valid for 12 months from issue, and each entry gives 12 months permission of stay.
So by entering again just prior to it's expiration a total of 2 years stay can be achieved.
This is the text on the Thai embassy site in The Hague:
5.1  Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry.

I read clearly "FIRST entry", not "per entry".

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hague/th/services/76475-Non-Immigrant-Visa-O-A-(long-stay).html

Read the same on the site of the embassy in Saigon (6.1).
So either this has changed or Immigration is not aware of it.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1