Showing Monies in your account

3 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Or go home and get an O-A for 2 years and have nothing in the bank here. 

In the case of applying in London, that isn't correct any Longer. You need 3 months seasoning of the money in one bank or the other.

Non-Immigrant Type O- A (Long Stay) 1 Year per entries/Multiple entries/ 1 year validity 

• Passport (validity over 1 year) and at least 2 blank pages. The actual passport must be submitted with visa application form.
  • Two (2) sets of application forms and 2 recent photos.
  • An additional application form for O-A
  • Bank statement or evidence of adequate finance for the past 3 months showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht (approximately £20,000.00) or an income certificate for the past 6 months with monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht (approximately £1,625.00), or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht. If you send a copy of bank statement, the original reference letter from the banking concerned is necessary.
Edited by Lovethailandelite

7 minutes ago, bmore99 said:

This is the text on the Thai embassy site in The Hague:
5.1  Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry.

I read clearly "FIRST entry", not "per entry".

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hague/th/services/76475-Non-Immigrant-Visa-O-A-(long-stay).html

Read the same on the site of the embassy in Saigon (6.1).
So either this has changed or Immigration is not aware of it.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Discrimination against the Dutch again.  I'd call the EU and complain.  Many of us including me have got our O-A in America and the UK and can vouch for the truth of it being 2 years not 1. 

9 minutes ago, bmore99 said:

5.1  Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hague/th/services/76475-Non-Immigrant-Visa-O-A-(long-stay).html

It hasn't changed. This is from The Royal Thai Embassy - London.

Non-Immigrant Type O- A (Long Stay) 1 Year per entries/Multiple entries/ 1 year validity 

Edited by jacko45k

3 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

In the case of applying in London, that isn't correct any Longer.

• Passport (validity over 1 year) and at least 2 blank pages. The actual passport must be submitted with visa application form.
  • Bank statement or evidence of adequate finance for the past 3 months showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht (approximately £20,000.00) or an income certificate for the past 6 months with monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht (approximately £1,625.00), or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht. If you send a copy of bank statement, the original reference letter from the banking concerned is necessary.

Where does it say money needs to be in a Thai bank?  Am I missing something?  If not perhaps people reading embassy websites should defer to those folks who have actually received an O-A visa.  

Edited by marcusarelus

Just now, marcusarelus said:

Where does it say money needs to be in a Thai bank?  Am I missing something?

Sorry, not necessary to be in a Thai bank. What has changed in London as of this week, is the seasoning requirement now needing to be at least 3 months before application. Many people will not be aware of that.

9 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

In the case of applying in London, that isn't correct any Longer. You need 3 months seasoning of the money in one bank or the other.

What are you on about? An OA visa is applied for in your own country. Mine is London. The proof is 800k (equivelant in £££) or 65k monthly (equivelant in £££) into your UK bank account. Nothing has changed, except the 3 months seasoning, why the big deal? They do require original documents.

Edited by jimn

15 minutes ago, bmore99 said:

Right on...this copied from the Royal Thai Embassy Washington, DC website for Non O-A (long stay)...

Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry. During the one-year period, if he or she wishes to leave and re-enter the country, he or she is required to apply at the Immigration office for re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure. In the case of leaving the country without a re-entry permit, the permit to stay for 1 year shall be considered void.

4 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Sorry, not necessary to be in a Thai bank. What has changed in London as of this week, is the seasoning requirement now needing to be at least 3 months before application. Many people will not be aware of that. 

Good info - I didn't know this - expect others may follow, as officials must know people are anxious to find less onerous ways to stay than dealing with their "new, ill-defined rules."  Hope they allow brokerage accts and such for this purpose, so people don't have to move it into a low-yield account and back into investments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bmore99 said:

You pay attention to the wording." for 1 year from the date of first entry". It is a multiple entry visa that allows unlimited 1 year entries from the date it is issued.

The page also states this.

"4. Visa fee

5,000 Baht (150 EUR.) for multiple entries"

Just now, jimn said:

What are you on about? An OA visa is applied for in your own country. Mine is London. The proof is 800k (equivelant in £££) or 65k monthly (equivelant in £££) into your UK bank account. Nothing has changed, except the 3 months seasoning, why the big deal? They do require original documents.

What I am on about, before you open your big mouth, is that BEFORE this week, there was NO seasoning requirement.
And NO, they don't require original documents. You can use Copy's of your documents BUT you need to get them certified.

Note: 

- Please submit the originals of bank statement, criminal record check, and medical record, as well as one photocopy of each document. In case that an applicant could not submit the original documents, the Embassy will accept the photocopies which have been certified by a Notary Public officer or Solicitors.

- The consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary. 

6 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Right on...this copied from the Royal Thai Embassy Washington, DC website for Non O-A (long stay)...

Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry. During the one-year period, if he or she wishes to leave and re-enter the country, he or she is required to apply at the Immigration office for re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure. In the case of leaving the country without a re-entry permit, the permit to stay for 1 year shall be considered void.

Are you saying the O-A is now only good for a year? 

Just now, marcusarelus said:

Are you saying the O-A is now only good for a year? 

I'M not saying anything...only posting what I just read and copied from the RTE Wash, DC website a few mins ago. Here's the header...

Non-Immigrant Category “O-A”

Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O-A” (long stay)

Purpose of Visit: This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working. Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.

Here's the link:

https://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/non-immigrant-visas/non-immigrant-category-oa/

3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Good info - I didn't know this - expect others may follow, as officials must know people are anxious to find less onerous ways to stay than dealing with their "new, ill-defined rules."  Hope they allow brokerage accts and such for this purpose, so people don't have to move it into a low-yield account and back into investments.

They do state you can use an Income certificate showing 6 months of previous Income. These are certificates issued mainly by Pension providers in the UK. They can take anything up to 6-8 weeks to get though depending on the company.

1 minute ago, Skeptic7 said:

I'M not saying anything...only posting what I just read and copied from the RTE Wash, DC website a few mins ago. Here's the header...

Non-Immigrant Category “O-A”

Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O-A” (long stay)

Purpose of Visit: This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working. Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.

Here's the link:

https://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/non-immigrant-visas/non-immigrant-category-oa/

Why post what is available to anyone who can read?  Have you ever applied for an O-A visa from America?  Or are you just a professional kibitzer trying to confuse people?  If the O-A has changed from 2 to 1 year then say so.  Or if anything has changed mention that.  If not you are just causing trouble by trying to obfuscate the real issue. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Longcut said:

So what happens if you leave the country the day after you complete your Extension? You might want to leave for 6 months as many do? Can't show them your bankbook if you're not here. Will, that disqualify you for anything? 

I doubt “many do” that.

Those that do would probably be ok showing the bank book when they return. Time will tell.

I doubt immigration have even considered that because the extension is given to people applying to live in the country permanently for 12 months.

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I doubt “many do” that.

Those that do would probably be ok showing the bank book when they return. Time will tell.

I doubt immigration have even considered that because the extension is given to people applying to live in the country permanently for 12 months.

Obvious with the freedom of leaving in between , hence the re-entry possibility 

7 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I doubt “many do” that.

This is the problem. Everybody appears to getting that call back letter now from Jomtien but not one of them appears to of asked them what happens if they are not in the country on the date they are required to go back. They are signing papers agreeing to all these terms and conditions. They don't appear to even know what they are signing for.....Incredible

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bmore99 said:

Why? It it doesn’t say first entry! It says “upon arrival”. It’s a multiple entry visa which means you can arrive as many times as you want and will be granted permission to stay for 1 year “upon arrival”.

1 minute ago, Sailboat said:

How do you show your bank balance on line? 

Could be screenshot if available as attachment on the online reporting site …(not knowing as not using that..)

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

Do you mean the "Line app" or on the INTERNET ?

Immigration app of course ….. not online on internet my bank statement …… I am not an idiot 

28 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Why post what is available to anyone who can read?  Have you ever applied for an O-A visa from America?  Or are you just a professional kibitzer trying to confuse people?  If the O-A has changed from 2 to 1 year then say so.  Or if anything has changed mention that.  If not you are just causing trouble by trying to obfuscate the real issue. 

555...didn't mean to freak you out. Shoot the messenger much? :vampire: And in answer to your query, No...not a professional "kibitzer" (that's a good/funny word!:cheesy:)...nor am I trying to obfuscate anything. Anything Thai does not need any further help in that area. I'm just looking for possible options and a bit of clarity. There were previous posters to me, discussing the wording from various RTEs. While I've heard of dudes like you getting 2 years out of the aforementioned visa type...that is clearly not what these websites state, which is the reason for posting the actual wording. Was wondering if the wording/rules had changed and wrongly assumed that those of you actually using this type of visa might know. Apparently not. 

44 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I doubt “many do” that.

I know many, many people including myself that rotate back to the U.S. for a few months every year. Many live here for 6 months and in the states for 6 months. Go back home to check on the rental property and the grandkids and such.

6 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

555...didn't mean to freak you out. Shoot the messenger much? :vampire: And in answer to your query, No...not a professional "kibitzer" (that's a good/funny word!:cheesy:)...nor am I trying to obfuscate anything. Anything Thai does not need any further help in that area. I'm just looking for possible options and a bit of clarity. There were previous posters to me, discussing the wording from various RTEs. While I've heard of dudes like you getting 2 years out of the aforementioned visa type...that is clearly not what these websites state, which is the reason for posting the actual wording. Was wondering if the wording/rules had changed and wrongly assumed that those of you actually using this type of visa might know. Apparently not. 

Of course O-A is two years.  If you had ever applied for a long term visa you would know this.  Lots of references to O-A on Thai visa to check.  I know.  It's 2 years - I have one.  Now your turn.  Go and find someone who was refused 2 years on an O-A. 

Edited by marcusarelus

5 minutes ago, Longcut said:

I know many, many people including myself that rotate back to the U.S. for a few months every year. Many live here for 6 months and in the states for 6 months. Go back home to check on the rental property and the grandkids and such.

Yes. And people also travel in the region and elsewhere for fun.

Nothing at all unusual in retirees travelling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

You mean the 90 day reporting on line?

I just answered on how to prove online bank statement , so I jus replied poster ,by a example screenshot to the app (?) attachment I guess 

AS I DONT report online I don't know , but for all other official  services I do like that as for my own country embassy  

Looks like all here now are looking by magnifying glasses all answers :biggrin:

27 minutes ago, david555 said:

Could be screenshot if available as attachment on the online reporting site …(not knowing as not using that..)

The app has no provision for attachments. No reason to since none are required.