Question about import/export of food product

Just to add... An import license allows you to import and store food in approved premises.

To sell the food you need separate FDA approval for each product, and each product must comply with labelling regulations.

Really, you need to apply for your product and packaging approvals before you worry about warehousing, storage and import licenses.

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. However, I still have other questions:

1) other than FDA, is that any other Thai government agencies need to be taken into consideration for the importation of food product (specifically pastry product) from other countries into Thailand ?

2) let's say I am going to export pastry product from Malaysia to my customer in Thailand, do I need to prepare any document for Thailand so that my product can enter Thailand without encounter any problem? (Sorry for asking silly question)

1. The license to import and to sell food comes from the FDA.

2. Not for the importation, other than standard items such as a commercial invoice, etc. You may be asked for some documents for the FDA approval to sell, such as a list of ingredients.

• Thanks 1