Location, Coordinates, or Names of any electricity less villages in Thailand

BenjaminPla33

I want to go with a volunteer group to set up solar panels in villages and towns around Thailand that  do not have electricity. I want to know of any info you might have, be it coordinates, the place-names, or their address's. If anyone can provide me with any info, it would be greatly appreciated ????

Just about every semi remote village has areas without electricity, even some larger towns. PEA is supposed to connect everyone but they make you pay for the pole and cable installation, therefore some people make do without... 

Trying to narrow it down would be like hunting a needle in a haystack !!!

48 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Just about every semi remote village has areas without electricity, even some larger towns. PEA is supposed to connect everyone but they make you pay for the pole and cable installation, therefore some people make do without... 

Trying to narrow it down would be like hunting a needle in a haystack !!!

Could you name some of those villages ?

May you tell me the name of the villages that don't have any power? It would be of great help. I know that Thailand has a huge energy problem, I just want specific names for any villages or towns you can think of without power. That would help me narrow where to go down.

3 hours ago, BenjaminPla33 said:

I really would appreciate any village names you know that do not have electricity.

You have sent me a pm regarding this, let me have more info, not just your username on here.

Do that then i will help you, as i have lived in 1 of them villages and know several more.

Just one piece of advice. Make sure the village selected is not located in a national forest. It could be a village of encroachers and developing it could be a crime. I would make two stops. The land department and the PEA and ask both why there is no electricity there and mention your plans.

article claiming 99% of Thai villages have access to electricity:

https://energy-access.gnesd.org/projects/16-accelerated-rural-electrification-programme-of-thailand.html

2015 article highlighting village without access to electricity because power line access through national park could not be granted:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/community-lives-without-electricity-for-40-years-seeks-sympathy-from-state/

We wouldn't been connecting them to the centralized electricity system. They would be off the grid using solar panel's we would bring to them, which can last up to 25 years. We just wish to bring people who do not have electricity, clean renewable sources.

Thailand has had a policy of connecting all recognised villages to the grid for over 50 years. The villages that aren't connected are very likely to be illegal land squats.

You would be much better off doing this in Laos.

4 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Thailand has had a policy of connecting all recognised villages to the grid for over 50 years. The villages that aren't connected are very likely to be illegal land squats.

You would be much better off doing this in Laos.

Have to disagree with you, when i lived in Nong Kao Klang village, i asked why is there no electric, answer was we can have PEA electric, but only after we stop cutting down trees, burning the forest.

Villagers said we have done this for many years, we will not change now, so they did not get electric.

Now the villagers are not land squatters, have a school, government health clinic, poo yai bahn, same as other places. 

Many other villages Hua Poo Ling for instance are over 50 ks from the grid, and nobody wants to pay for the cost of getting electric to there.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BenjaminPla33 said:

May you tell me the name of the villages that don't have any power? It would be of great help. I know that Thailand has a huge energy problem, I just want specific names for any villages or towns you can think of without power. That would help me narrow where to go down.

I've been all over much of Thailand and have been in many remote areas, you can do that on a motorcycle.

Many places get cut off from time to time for many reasons but I never come across a village with no power, easy to see too there cables are usually above ground to be seen.

Many remote villages in the mountains between Chiang Mai and the Myanmar border do not have any electrical supply. But as mentioned in another post, these are most likely not settlements which are legally recognized by the Thai government.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

19 minutes ago, Sealbash said:

Many remote villages in the mountains between Chiang Mai and the Myanmar border do not have any electrical supply. But as mentioned in another post, these are most likely not settlements which are legally recognized by the Thai government.

Please stop posting things which you dont know about, settlements not recognised by the Thai government.

I have lived in 1 of these villages, my wife was school director, they have a government medical facility.

These settlements as you call them are fully recognised, funded by the government.

1 hour ago, Sealbash said:

He wants to know the village names 

15 hours ago, BenjaminPla33 said:

No? I would be going with a group from the United States and installing the solar panels and connecting their village ourselves. We just wish to provide people with renewable environmentally friendly electricity. Why do you as?

You and your non Thai members will need work permits.

16 hours ago, BenjaminPla33 said:

Im forming it. I really just need the location of any villages in Thailand that don't have electricity.

Hope you understand how to do that without running afoul of Thai Immigration and the Department of Labor.  Also, you're about 50 years too late.  I seriously doubt you will find a Thai village without electricity.  Hill tribes are a different story.  Best of luck.  Don't get deported.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Please stop posting things which you dont know about, settlements not recognised by the Thai government.

I have lived in 1 of these villages, my wife was school director, they have a government medical facility.

These settlements as you call them are fully recognised, funded by the government.

please could you try to practice what you preach   occasionally  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was up near Mae Sot week before last- visiting some very remote Karen migrant villages - no mains- but they all had solar panels .

we were installing water filters, helping out with some schools.

Mmm - a group of Americans- I sincerely hope you are not missionaries - if you are- be aware the villagers will listen pleasantly - take your gifts and money- then take no notice and go back to whatever belief system they had before- they have wised up! 

• Like 1