Why is there so much anger in Thailand?

Something to do with education ..maybe

I taught in a southern uni 18/22 yo, mental age in Uk would be about 13

So is not gong to get better combined with corrupt gov teaching xenophobia and  bleeding the country dry

I am off to UK soon my Mrs told neighbour ... i was speechless  she  admittedy a woman farmer  aged 50 something does not even know where or what UK shows absolute ignorance which can only breed violence and  discontent

its not going to end well here

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Yawwwwnnnnnnnnn !!!!!

Try London if you don't like it here - see how that goes for you

Yet again NOTHING you mentioned in the absurd OP is exclusive to Thailand and yet again they don't even make it into the top HALF of the world for murders !

The OP was just embarrassing

but who has said thailand has the most murders?  i suspect you are brit and you mentioned London, London has 8.7 million people and 143 murders that is not alarming, there is worse cities and towns in thailand, nobody is saying thailand is the most dangerous in the world, but when majority of people here is European,American,Australian or from New Zealand, thailand is worse than those region and countries, US is about same as thailand.

UK compared to thailand.

UK population 65 million people - 709 murders = 1.09 murders per 100,000 people.

TH population 68 million people - 3,000 - 4,000 murders = 4.45 - 5.88 murders per 100,000 people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thanks for your comments. I didn't suggest that the subject was exclusive to Thailand. Sorry that your comprehension skills are so poor.

Second, I wasn't placing Thailand in a league table, but I'd be interested to know your source from which you declare that Thailand isn't in the top half for murders, and how many of those you claim are ranked above are in war zones.

And three, I tried London for about 40 years as I grew up there. It's not a bad place overall. I don't see many of the acts there that I raised about Thailand, such as motorists attacking other motorists with guns and baseball bats and machetes, and spurned males taking out the former love of their life and her family, although I'm sure there might a few. Not as many as in Thailand though, which is what this site is about.

Your post was just embarrassing. Yawwwnnnnnn!!!

ive seen so many Europeans, mainly brits saying London or UK is worse than thailand without knowing any crime statistics, if you have lived here for more than 3 years you should know what is happening across thailand.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Exactly some people are still living in colonial times - I'm a brit and we are nowhere near as important as we think we are - to suggest someone not knowing where the UK is leads to violence is hilarious !

You are entitled to your opinion (albeit wrong) that is just an example of population ignorance which leads to discontent etc 

Edited by poohy
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Benroon said:

1) Again for the hard of thinking if you are going to make up unsubstantiated claims you need to make comparisons to put it into perspective - I did that for you and proved you are talking <deleted>

2) Wikipedia 

3) London is in the middle of a murder epidemic. 131 in 2018 and over 40,000 violent knife injuries. You're aware of this right ? A murder approximately every 2.5 days !! But that's 'not so bad' right ? and road rage isn't endemic in the UK ? Seriously ?

However here are comparisons for levels of general crime between 'not so bad' London and lawless Bangkok

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/compare_cities.jsp?country1=United+Kingdom&city1=London&country2=Thailand&city2=Bangkok

Again your opening post was just embarrassing

ah the good old numbeo that ranks cities and countries based on feelings rather than actuall crime statistics, anyone can go in and change the rate.

https://www.thelocal.se/20170117/how-one-swede-made-a-city-the-worlds-most-dangerous-to-expose-fake-stats

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Thailand 2018 - 107th in the world for homicides - just FOUR places above USA - google it !

But you just substantiated my comments.

USA admits it has a huge problem. Thailand says everyone is wonderful and smiley here

3 minutes ago, Benroon said:

OK tomorrow I will ask around and try to find someone who doesn't know where the UK is and how 'discontent' it makes them feel (rolls eyes)

i agree with you, that a population not knowing where a certain country is does not make it violent

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

OK tomorrow I will ask around and try to find someone who doesn't know where the UK is and how 'discontent' it makes them feel (rolls eyes)

I have a feeling you are really an Albion fan so to avoid contamination you are now placed on ignore list

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Duh?

Compare the population of America with Thailand.

327 Million versus 66 million.

'Duh'?   What age are you... still in school?

You need to get someone to teach you what percentages mean. 

Did you even look at the link?   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, poohy said:

no you can pick any country or probably anything not "Thai"

conservation littering  driving skills etc

... it highlights an education failure and population ignorance

I am not sure I agree

why on earth should it be an objective for Thai education to teach pupils where UK is?

what is the point for the Thai populace to know that? 

Try sort priorities

1) what is important for Thai students to learn

2) what is not important for Thai students to learn, but possibly maybe OK to know

Where UK is located is definitely in class 2)

those in Thai industry dealing with international trade will soon enough pick up where UK 

or Germany or US is located.

Engineers working on oil/gas production in Gulf of Thailand,

any need for them to know where UK is? Hardly.

7 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

'Duh'?   What age are you... still in school?

You need to get someone to teach you what percentages mean. 

Did you even look at the link?   

when it comes to crime you calculate per 100,000 people, USA has 325 million people = 325 million divided by 100,000 people = 3250

3250 divided by 17250 murders = 5.30 murders per 100,000 people.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

Is it important for Thai people to know where the UK is?

Indeed, no one is going to know where the UK in a few years the way it's self destructing. 

Anyway, am off this thread now.  Makes me sick reading some posts....the ignorant and stupid comments about how safe and wonderful the West is, and how they never heard about any violent crime, shootings, road rage, men beating up women and child abuse there.  Even with factual crime statistic figures presented to them they still deny it!  

To many people on here, Thailand is so bad and it's people are clearly evil.  Think you guys need a medal of bravery to live here?  Thank goodness you are here to save the poor women from the Thai men and send your spoilt kids to expensive Christian value international schools, with no idea about the culture and traditions of the country they are born in.  Thailand would surely collapse if it were not for your money supporting the economy (even though so many of you can't even afford the money in the back for retirement visa and don't have any medical insurance).

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes, no one is going to know where the UK in a few years the way it's self destructing.  Sorry to burst you bubble, but you are no longer the mighty British Empire, invading countries, stealing all their wealth and making slaves of their people.

Anyway, am off this thread now.  Makes me sick reading the ignorant and stupid comments about how safe and wonderful the West is, and how they never heard about any violent crime, shootings, road rage, men beating up women and child abuse there.  Even with factual crime statistic figures presented to them they still deny it!  

To many people on here, Thailand is so bad and it's people are clearly evil.  Think you guys need a medal of bravery to live here?  Thank goodness you are here to save the poor women from the Thai men and send your spoilt kids to expensive Christian value international schools, with no idea about the culture and traditions of the country they are born in.  Thailand would surely collapse if it were not for your money supporting the economy (even though so many of you can't even afford the money in the back for retirement visa and don't have any medical insurance).

hmmm

anyway, do enjoy your time off this thread

dunno, but I would have thought my comments here was not far from your spirit

but alas

anyway, have a nice day

(btw, I'm not even British and I am not an empire seeker)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

Is it important for Thai people to know where the UK is?

It's not, it just points out that most Thai people are not able to get such an incredibly basic level of education as to know where countries are. When I was at primary school decades ago, we had to learn the capitals of all countries and be able to show them on a globe.

Maybe that's not exactly important, but is what I would call very basic knowledge.

My problem I suppose is that I grew up in a country with a decent educational system. I certainly don't blame Thai people for not knowing things that we are taught very early on in life, and would not criticise them for it. As an example my wife's 15 year old son goes to school every day. He can't do 60x3 in his head when going to buy my beers, has no understanding of human physiology (i.e. what each organ does), can't speak a word of any language except Thai, and thinks that if you run out of gas you can put water in the motorbike to get you home. So I would love to find out what he is learning at school, although he seems to be quite adept at smoking cigarettes and doing nothing every day.

By the way, the UK is now an awful place to live unless you've got enough money to live in one of the leafy suburbs. A certain demographic of the youth nowadays run around at all hours in gangs stabbing people and stealing motorcycles. Police funding has been slashed, and Brexit has been an unmitigated disaster.

Edited by pr9spk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, runamok27 said:

The problem with countrywide crime statistics is they are not indicative of your relative safety everywhere in any given country. Even a cities crime statistics are not indicative of your safety. Take Chicago in the U.S., for example. If you are in one part of Chicago you would think you are in the safest place in the world but if you are in the another part of Chicago you would think you are in the most dangerous place in the world. 

So given the countrywide crime statistics in Thailand, I, generally feel very safe pretty much everywhere. It seems to me that, as long as you avoid certain areas in Thailand, just like in America, you are pretty safe.

Good post.

I come from an area in the UK considered to be very safe, but would still not want to go out at night on foot. Whereas in Thailand, whether in central Bangkok or an Isaan village, I've never ever encountered any issues (except someone putting something in my drink) and consider it to be very safe. I have walked several kilometres after leaving nightclubs in BKK when I was younger, and quite enjoyed it - walking off a bit of energy before going to bed. I would NEVER walk that far in London. Like you say, everything is relative, but Thailand in general in surely a very safe place for Westerners, most of the crime seems to be Thai on Thai because the locals know if they attack a foreigner it is more likely to attract significant police attention and end up on news websites.

Edited by pr9spk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2