UK PM May to EU: Agree to backstop changes or risk disorderly Brexit

webfact

25 minutes ago, bomber said:

another one obsessed with Germany,ze war is over tommy

Bomber sums you up.

The economic war is never over. Nor should unelected technocrats rule the great countries of Europe.

Berlin. 25 June 1940.

I have the impression that we are rushing for a common currency for the whole of Europe.

That would be a progress of course and one that would be of lasting significance ...(for all of Germany)

Letter from Helmuth von Moltke (military intelligence)

Ze var ist neber ofer Fritz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Bomber sums you up.

The economic war is never over. Nor should unelected technocrats rule the great countries of Europe.

Berlin. 25 June 1940.

I have the impression that we are rushing for a common currency for the whole of Europe.

That would be a progress of course and one that would be of lasting significance ...(for all of Germany)

Letter from Helmuth von Moltke (military intelligence)

Ze var ist neber ofer Fritz

ya either paranoid or in envy of Germany or both

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, vogie said:

"So the British people need another referendum, which should have a clause saying "this is it" Final"

when the British voted in the last referendum, we had a "clause" which said "this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, this is the final decision", so when people say Britain should have yet another referendum, they are talking about a final final decision, unless they lose that one too, then why not have a final final final referendum. Let's be honest with ourselves shall we, the only people that want yet another referendum are the losers, the people that didn't get the result they wanted. By anybodies standards keeping on voting untill the winners finally lose, is not democracy, but nothing would surprise me at the moment.

Wouldn't it be great though if we could adopt the same 'loser' principle to our local football team, don't worry chaps, if our team loses we can always have replays untill we finally win, I don't think the other teams in the league would be to happy about it though.????

But you have made some good points.

The first referendum was obscured by politics. Facts were few.

Everyone knows what it means now. BS has run its course.

And Ms May agenda is still all BS. She is a lame duck, still quacking away the same obscure platitudes. Over and over, despite being voted down by her own limp party.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:40 AM, Loiner said:

It does show how stupid some Remainers are. These are obviously a very small proportion of them. Not enough to have affected the result though.
The more stupid ones are those who believed in Remain, and still do!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

According to YouGov, 68% of voters with a university degree wanted to remain in the EU, while 70% of voters with only GCSE qualifications or lower voted to leave. Those with A levels and no degree were evenly split. 

These findings largely tally with the results of an Ipsos Mori survey published in September, and with polling conducted by Lord Ashcroft on the day of the referendum.

Of the 30 areas with the fewest graduates in the UK, 28 backed Brexit, according to the BBC. “By contrast, 29 out of the 30 areas with the most graduates voted Remain”, including the City of London, Belfast South, Cambridge, Oxford and Edinburgh, it adds.

The "stupid choice" was the educated choice.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Sadly, I agree with this sentiment to a large extent ☹️ - which is one of the reasons why I eventually decided not to vote in the referendum.

Everything that has happened since has turned me into a definite leaver.  i.e. both uk and eu govts playing 'silly buggers' to remain within the eu.....

If the brit. govt. is allowed to deliver BRINO, nothing will change - they will continue as normal, ignoring the electorate.  They'll have 'gotten away with it'.

If, on the other hand, they are FORCED to genuinely deliver brexit, they will be more wary/concerned about the electorate in future!

who would be capable of forcing parliament into anything at this late point in time?

Either some folk on the Brexit side of this discussion spend a lot of time searching the internet to find video clips they believe support their arguments, or, they are reposting large numbers of clips from a pro-Brexit website/source.

A links to the sources of these videos might clear that question up.