Expelled no questions asked at Don Muang

5 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I you fly from Vietnam then get bounced back without a visa to re-enter Vietnam they will bounce you back to your passport country.

As a Brit I get 14 days VISA waiver on entry in Vietnam, as long as I have a flight out.

Takes about two minutes to book a flight out with my smartphone.

Edited by BritManToo

Just now, BritManToo said:

I get 14 days VISA waiver on entry in Vietnam, as long as I have a flight out.

Takes about two minutes to book a flight out with my smartphone.

You are lucky but that's not the case for canadian and probably a lot of other passport.

3 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

You are lucky but that's not the case for canadian and probably a lot of other passport.

Then use KUL, 90 days waiver for all western passport holders.

Or the Philippines, 30 days waiver for all western passport holders.

Flights between all these countries are cheap as chips.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Then use KUL, 90 waiver days for all western passport holders.

Or the Philippines, 30 days waiver for all western passport holders.

Flights between all these countries are cheap as chips.

You said KUL give 90 days but need to be out for 1 month? My only experience is with Laos and they canceled my exit stamp when I got denied at Don Muang.

9 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

You said KUL give 90 days but need to be out for 1 month? My only experience is with Laos and they canceled my exit stamp when I got denied at Don Muang.

Only if you stay the whole 90 days, passing though for a few days you can do as often as you want.

Same in Vietnam, they don't want you there more than 14 days in any one month on VISA waiver.

One year I had six KUL 90 day VISA waiver stamps in my passport, I was there just a few hours each time.

Thailand should also specify VISA waiver limits, then nobody would have problems.

Edited by BritManToo

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Long distance flights to Thailand are becoming a serious financial mistake for 'frequent flyers'.

Better to fly to KUL or HCMC, stay a few days then fly with a different airline to Thailand (if you really must).

Why not visit your gf in Cambodia, doesn't cost her much to travel there, or pick a new gf from the Cambodian lady forest.

Cambodia ideas are good, I will consider both. 

1552963000585198275155697571279.jpg

30 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I you fly from Vietnam then get bounced back without a visa to re-enter Vietnam they will bounce you back to your passport country.

What if you get the bus from HCMC to Bangkok through Phnom Penh.

Cambodia just cancel the exit stamp when Thailand refuses entry.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

What if you get the bus from HCMC to Bangkok through Phnom Penh.

Cambodia just cancel the exit stamp when Thailand refuses entry.

I think this would work for me unless they use poipet land border then it's almost guaranteed they will refuse entry.

Edited by Tayaout

24 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Looks like the 'not enough money to support yourself' stamp.

(too faded for me to read)

They never asked about money. I usually come with about 100,000 baht in my wallet. 

51 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

KUL had a 90 day VISA waiver on entry, as many as you like as long as you're out for a month between (long term) visits.

Seems a bit of a waste to give me 90 days when I only usually spend 6-8hrs there.

Time for the bus to town, a meal in the mall, then a bus back to the airport.

Malaysia as an entry point to Thailand. 

5 minutes ago, 1RDN said:

They never asked about money. I usually come with about 100,000 baht in my wallet. 

Same for me and I had more than you. They don't really care if you have money but they have to use a "legal" reason to deny entry. They put a 2 on my stamp. 2 is for no proper means of living in Thailand. I met another guy he had 2,9. 9 is failure to show 20K baht. You seems to have 2,3. I think 3 is working illegally but not sure about that.

Edited by Tayaout

Just now, Tayaout said:

Same for and I had more than you. They don't really care if you have money but they have to use a "legal" reason to deny entry.

It's kind of stupid to deny us. I spend quite a bit of money each trip. Now I don't feel so warm and fuzzy about coming here. It's a big risk. 

Just now, 1RDN said:

It's kind of stupid to deny us. I spend quite a bit of money each trip. Now I don't feel so warm and fuzzy about coming here. It's a big risk. 

Same for me. If I did not have a family here I would move along and go somewhere else.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 1RDN said:

A question, if I obtain a 2nd or renewed passport, would the name or the passport number be recognized? 

I will start a new thread when I get on the ground. 

A new passport would create a better initial impression and would be seen more favourably regarding applying for visas etc. Your immigration history will all be visible on their database though. 

You're asking about flying in to KL, this would be my choice. An onward connecting flight on say Airasia is cheap and there are many each day. If you were rejected at the airport again you'd be sent back to KL, and you'd be allowed to enter Malaysia as a US citizen, so wouldn't be forced back to the US. Same would be true of Manila, and perhaps HK or Singapore, but the other regional countries need visas and you'd be denied entry to them without having the visas beforehand.

The best bet would be either SETV or METV from the US (or an Elite if you think it's worth it) and flights into KL with onward connections. Land borders are good, should be no problem with a visa. 

I can't read immigration's handwriting unfortunately on the denial stamp, perhaps also post a picture in the other thread as there's people on here who'll definitely know what it says. 

Edited by lamyai3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1RDN said:

I'm back at SFO, I am considering flying again to a neighboring country and try to get entry again. It's a brutal flight :(. 

2 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Same for me. If I did not have a family here I would move along and go somewhere else.

Same for me.

I am waiting for a K1 visa. Not much I can do in the meantime. Even after the K1 is completed, we planned to stay in Thailand most of the time. 

6 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

A new passport would create a better initial impression and would be seen more favourably regarding applying for visas etc. Your immigration history will all be visible on their database though. 

You're asking 

I have noticed that the immigration at BKK slows down and really looks the passport over because of the number of entries. I think that is as simple as it is. They see many entries and just takes the right person to say something. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1RDN said:

I have noticed that the immigration at BKK slows down and really looks the passport over because of the number of entries. I think that is as simple as it is. They see many entries and just takes the right person to say something. 

Yes, many stamps invite greater scrutiny. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tayaout said:

I think that you are correct that they assume that. They asked for no evidence either way. I never worked in Thailand, I'm not sure why they assumed this. They talked to the girlfriend. She told them that I am working at night on the phone to America. They probably don't understand that. I run a small company and am on the phone at night. Try to explain that one. 

42 minutes ago, 1RDN said:

I think that you are correct that they assume that. They asked for no evidence either way. I never worked in Thailand, I'm not sure why they assumed this. They talked to the girlfriend. She told them that I am working at night on the phone to America. They probably don't understand that. I run a small company and am on the phone at night. Try to explain that one. 

Unfortunately I think your gf gave them the ammunition they needed. You'd have been better not to mention having a gf at all and just saying you can't get enough of Thai temples and som tam. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1RDN said:

I am flying back now. 

I asked for the chance to fly to a neighboring country. I was ordered back to the country I originated the journey. 

Sorry for being pedantic, but flight BR 67 on Eva Air originates in Taipei. Taipei - BKK - London.

You stated they sent you back to the originating point SFO.

What am I missing?

1 hour ago, lkv said:

Sorry for being pedantic, but flight BR 67 on Eva Air originates in Taipei. Taipei - BKK - London.

You stated they sent you back to the originating point SFO.

What am I missing?

Ignore my last post, you connected in Taipei from one of the other flights originating in SFO. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1RDN said:

They talked to the girlfriend. She told them that I am working at night on the phone to America. They probably don't understand that. I run a small company and am on the phone at night. Try to explain that one. 

Given all the "boiler room" raids in recent years, what your girlfriend told them can easily be interpreted in an unfavorable way. If she had said you just travel around and visit the temples with her, who knows!

13 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Given all the "boiler room" raids in recent years, what your girlfriend told them can easily be interpreted in an unfavorable way. If she had said you just travel around and visit the temples with her, who knows!

Correct 

9 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Unless they hold your passport the entire time you'll be flying back to Korea or Japan before heading home. Then you can spend a few nights in either and fly back to Laos. 

Pretty soon were going to have to dig tunnels under the border at Laos to get in with the way this is going.

6 hours ago, 1RDN said:
8 hours ago, Tayaout said:

There isn't any evidence you can provide against (2) as you haven’t provided appropriate means of living (and can’t as a tourist) to stay in the country.

And it seems your girlfriend gave the evidence confirming you’re working in the country!