Expelled no questions asked at Don Muang

3 hours ago, Tayaout said:

It's coming. Ironically it seems I am spending money like a tourist in Laos. ...

Yes, Thai immigration prefers you support Lao citizens with your spending (or Filipinos, Cambodians, Vietnamese) - not Thais.

Edited by JackThompson

OP, i am in a similar situation: enough cash for staying in Thailand for years without working and living in the country for many many months since october 2015.

Last summer i have been pulled out of the queue in DMK even though i was out for more than 2 months and spoke to like i was a bad kid but luckily not deported.

After being in an angry frustrated state like you : "how they dare treating me like  that with the amount of money i spend  in their country" i did a reality check :

- the money you have in your bank account does not matter

- using airports as a hint your are not broke does not matter

- spending months in neighbouring country as a hint that you do not work illegaly in Thailand does not matter.

As a poster in Thai Visa said one time: the majority of the people here don't need us and they don't want to see us staying around for a long time in their country.

Now, i use land borders and does not leave anything of value in Thailand, knowing that one day it will probably become difficult there as well.

My plan is that when this time will come, if i am still enjoying spending my time here, I will probably go the elite route one time and then i should be eligible for the retirement visa.

I think you need to do a reality check as well and plan accordingly.

The Elite visa because of your history of overstay is unlikely to work.

Living with your girlfriend and your future child in a neighbouring country with a different language, far from her family ... well ... i don't know your and her precise personal situation but it seems unlikely to be a viable option.

So, you probably get 2 more months in Thailand with the land crossing, then what?

I don't know a lot about visa based on marriage but it looks like the best plan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, prb said:

OP, i am in a similar situation: enough cash for staying in Thailand for years without working and living in the country for many many months since october 2015.

Last summer i have been pulled out of the queue in DMK even though i was out for more than 2 months and spoke to like i was a bad kid but luckily not deported.

After being in an angry frustrated state like you : "how they dare treating me like  that with the amount of money i spend  in their country" i did a reality check :

- spending months in neighbouring country as a hint that you do not work illegaly in Thailand does not matter.

As a poster in Thai Visa said one time: the majority of the people here don't need us and they don't want to see us staying around for a long time in their country.

Now, i use land borders and does not leave anything of value in Thailand, knowing that one day it will probably become difficult there as well.

My plan is that when this time will come, if i am still enjoying spending my time here, I will probably go the elite route one time and then i should be eligible for the retirement visa.

Living with your girlfriend and your future child in a neighbouring country with a different language, far from her family ... well ... i don't know your and her precise personal situation but it seems unlikely to be a viable option.

So, you probably get 2 more months in Thailand with the land crossing, then what?

I don't know a lot about visa based on marriage but it looks like the best plan.

He also has a billy lid on the way so could get non o based on Thai child. Getting married is an alternative. (Bad one in some peoples eyes)

6 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I just passed the border. The IO did not even give a second look to my passport and let me throught without a single word. My girlfriend will feel relieved. 

My girlfriend enjoy travelling as much as I do. She prefer to stay with me than her boring office job. However, the kid will eventually need to go to school and we will have to settle somewhere. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, prb said:

"how they dare treating me like  that with the amount of money i spend  in their country"

Add, the money you spend in Thailand on wine, women and song doesn't matter to the IO too!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, prb said:

I read that 1 overstay is ok for elite. I also have dual citizenship with some bilateral country but never got the passport yet. That could be usefull. 

Edited by Tayaout

1 hour ago, Tayaout said:

I just passed the border. The IO did not even give a second look to my passport and let me throught without a single word. My girlfriend will feel relieved. 

This kind of Plan B result won't last long as they integrate air and land stronger sometime soon. It's over for gaming TVs BtB as a way to have an extended stay.

Glad you got in anyway, and can sort out a different long-stay visa with your partner.

24 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Like Trump would say. All the options are on the table. 

For a fraction of the "elite" cost, you can use an agent for your extensions based on marriage.  That avoids the hell many of us who tried doing it the "honest" way encountered.  Like any organized-crime thug, all a bad IO really wants is a payoff, and the agents provide this for them.  No sense providing a massive 'elite' payoff, when a smaller annual one will do.  Might as well put the difference in the kid's college-fund, rather than the elite-visa slush-fund.

As you meet the qualifications, so do not need to fake money, the agent-rate for a marriage-based extension is probably less than 15K per year.  Retirement agent-assistance, for those who have their own money, are reported at around 6K (varies by area/office), but there is a district-level sign-off which must be purchased for marriage-based extensions.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

This kind of Plan B result won't last long as they integrate air and land stronger sometime soon. It's over for gaming TVs BtB as a way to have an extended stay.

Nothing is being "gamed" by following the rules.  But, perhaps you mean, when those paying the airport and Aranyaprathet IOs to break the law start paying the other entry points, too?  I think this is a risk, and everyone using Tourist entries should have a "Plan B" at the ready. 

Fortunately, the OP is about to qualify for a Non-O.  Now, all he has to deal with are potentially dishonest IOs at immigration-offices, versus the ones at some entry points.

30 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Well done!

Now take the train from Nong Khai to BKK, get off at Don Mueng, run to the immigration desk (airport side) and stick your middle finger up as high as it will go ????

I won't stick the finger but I'm going there. 

IMG_20190311_125709.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

DM is the worst all around. Crap taxi lines(not sure if they fixed that in the past 3 years) and the worst immigration. Never fly through there.

I find it absurd that people with tons of cash coming here from high-income countries wont be let it in because immigration thinks they're working. Like why the F would anyone want to come here to work illegally to make a whopping 20-30k a month teaching English?  Maybe some busto students want to do this but its not anywhere near as many people as what some immigration officials seem to think. The majority of the people working illegally are from 2nd and 3rd world countries. 

The great thing about Thailand is you can take your money made somewhere else and spend it here and get more enjoyment out of it. Working here and breaking the law for what amounts to less the minimum wage in the states would be the true nut low existence. I know some people do it but nobody I know does. If anything Thailand is making out with all the money being spent over here by long stay tourist. 

Well just goes to show how people have such different opinions. I find DM pretty much opposite to your post. In fact, currently Saigon fly to DM tomorrow. I'm in out DM every week or 2. Find it great (however I have appropriate visa). Sure if some international flights arrive same time, can have a wait at passport control. Same every airport in world.

As for taxi..they for some time have now a ticket system. Works fine. If you land domestic walk to international. As for rest of post...get appropriate visa. Sound under 50, so elite visa. Thai imm in the main are not suspecting you of working. 

Many people are staying ongoing in Thai. "living in Thailand" on tourist visas and visa exempt. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What if you dont want to commit 500,000b of money to the elite visa. If you arent sure you want to commit to five full years here. If you have a change of plan after 18 months, can you get some of the payment refunded? Or does it all mean just not coming here more if u arent willing to be robbed of more money. 

Edited by Essecola
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Essecola said:

What if you dont want to commit 500,000b of money to the elite visa. If you arent sure you want to commit to five full years here. If you have a change of plan after 18 months, can you get some of the payment refunded? Or does it all mean just not coming here more if u arent willing to be robbed of more money. 

You don't really think you'll get any refund on elite or whatever else in Thailand, do you?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tayaout said:

3 hours ago, Tayaout said:

I read that 1 overstay is ok for elite. I also have dual citizenship with some bilateral country but never got the passport yet. That could be usefull. 

Your dual citizenship won't help much if TI can tied you on this.  Looks like you need to get a marriage visa or elite visa in case they stop you from entering with a different bonus stamp on your next exit.

33 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

You don't really think you'll get any refund on elite or whatever else in Thailand, do you?

According to a recent thread, you don't even get your 500,000 baht back if they reject your initial application. The devil himself would have been proud to have hatched such humbuggery.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, farangx said:

Your dual citizenship won't help much if TI can tied you on this.  Looks like you need to get a marriage visa or elite visa in case they stop you from entering with a different bonus stamp on your next exit.

At least I get 90 days visa free instead of 30. I don't mind spending time in Malaysia to keep them happy. Before someone think I'm dark skin and it influenced the io... I'm not racist but I'm only born in another country by semi-accident and I'm 100% white. I'm really a lifelong world traveler. 

Edited by Tayaout

3 minutes ago, prb said:

As i have wrote and experienced, spending 1 or 2 month in Malaysia or any neighbouring country and showing up again at DMK is not working to make them happy.

Yep, better spend one or two days then ????

Same same.

• Like 1

It is called a computer when you come in they can see your travel history into Thailand. Even a new passport and a name change will not guarantee you entry. Ask the drug dealer lady from England who trird it after being away for 5 years. If you have a history that shows you are coming and going on various entry visas and visa exempt they will see yor history figure out real fast you are not a tourist

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

It is called a computer when you come in they can see your travel history into Thailand. Even a new passport and a name change will not guarantee you entry. Ask the drug dealer lady from England who trird it after being away for 5 years. If you have a history that shows you are coming and going on various entry visas and visa exempt they will see yor history figure out real fast you are not a tourist

That's strange.  If I saw a history of coming and going on various entry visas I would assume they definitely were a tourist - and one who is financially-stable, or the travel shown would be impossible.

I agree it is likely they could connect his identity with DOB and name, even across 2 passports.  This might not happen immediately, as they are passports from different countries - but not wise to count on them not being connected.  A 90-day visa-exempt entry would have been handy when I was using Tourist Visas to spend time in Thailand.

5 hours ago, Essecola said:

You do not get refund. BTW have you even read thread?

OP will be able to obtain non o shortly. 

Funny thing about the new appointment system in Vientiane, there are only 250 slots per day. Some days in past, before this system, there would be 600 ppl submit applications. So actually they are in a sense giving up 500,000 baht or so of income per week in order to stop people from coming to Thailand easily. Nice.

• Like 1