Renewed at CW Immigration - No Bank Book in 3 Mths

24 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Right, but that won't be enough to show the bankbook  to the IO on this 90-days check. You need the complete record over 3 month.

But for a FD account that is it, other than maturity dates, nothing to report.

18 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Updating one's bank book before making the first 90-day report after getting an extension may be advisable.

That would be a good advice even if they tell you the 90-day-bankbook check is not necessary in a specific immigration. Who knows if tomorrow counts what they tell you today.

And it should be easy to handle. Costs you five minutes in your bank before going to the immigration office.

The real question in this case is what will happen if you are on travel when you actually should do your 90-days report. I will try to find out next week if you have to show up to immigration immediately after your return from abroad. That would really piss me on.

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

The uncertainty is certainly there, but posters on TV do great work promoting  rumors out of thin air, manage to turn things bassackward , misinterpret something they heard from a friend who may have asked someone at immigrations or maybe not etc.

An astounding number of posters don't even know/understand whether they are in country based on a visa entry or an extension of stay.

someone recently asked for advice and began his question claiming he was on a non Imm O visa entry, which he then referred to as a tourist visa and after some people tried to help him, admitted it was an extension of stay.  And then they announce that everyone knows what they meant.

I must be getting old because I'd swear there was a message in the beginning of this forum to please list the name of the office you went to about the information - as that would make it easier on all of us to prepare for our encounters at immigration.  But it seems to have disappeared.  Now there is only a request about nationality and age information.  Or maybe I'm just getting old and misremembered. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, steve73 said:

Would the bank update the book for a FD without making a transaction?

No because there is no interest added until the expiration of the term.

If you have the book then you have the money in the bank. 

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

No because there is no interest added until the expiration of the term.

If you have the book then you have the money in the bank. 

I don't understand.  I have a FD account for 12 months.  At the end of each 12 months I renew and they stamp that in the book so I have 3 years in one book.  What do you mean if you have book then you have the money in the bank?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

That would be a good advice even if they tell you the 90-day-bankbook check is not necessary in a specific immigration. Who knows if tomorrow counts what they tell you today.

And it should be easy to handle. Costs you five minutes in your bank before going to the immigration office.

The real question in this case is what will happen if you are on travel when you actually should do your 90-days report. I will try to find out next week if you have to show up to immigration immediately after your return from abroad. That would really piss me on.

First of all the following is not made up story. I travel a LOT. Even on your suggestion ...i need to trot off to imm immediately after return. On April 1 I need fly au. I fly back bkk April 23. 7.30pm. April 24, I fly Osaka mid afternoon. etc etc. When the "F" do I take bank book to imm. Most of my year is similar. Retirement does not mean living in boom docks village for the year.

Edited by DrJack54
Error

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

First of all the following is not made up story. I travel a LOT. Even on your suggestion ...i need to trot off to imm immediately after return.

I'm travelling frequently so my last 90-days-report is years back. But I never had to go to imm after returning. They only saw me once a year for a new extension.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BertM said:

He asked if they would check at his 90 day reporting and she told him that was not a requirement either

They don’t need extra work. They will check the bank book/statement copy (monthly min balance) at the time of next renewal. If not followed by the rules, the renewal will be rejected.

Bon Voyage 

Edited by The Theory
  • Like 2

Just now, The Theory said:

They don’t need extra work. They will check the bank book/statement copy at the time of next renewal. If not followed by the rules, the renewal will be rejected.

Are you trying to start a rumor or do you know the above to be a fact? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

None of it is unclear. Again thanks for update. Especially as I use CW. This is what I expected especially at CW. As I have mentioned in many threads I have never been to imm except for extension (date somewhat flexible). Need to show bankbook at imm would be a nightmare for some. Some of the posts mention 90 day reports because some imm offices are doing crazy stuff. Not unusual. 

The other thing about 90 day reports for those who use CW Immigration in BKK is it's usually easy to use their online website reporting method, which thus erases any need to actually show up again in person every 90 days and make the trip out to CW.

There's never been ANY indication that I've seen or heard that BKK Immigration -- for bank deposit retirement extensions -- was going to do anything other than check and verify compliance when the next year's extension application came due.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

What is the problem. Go read OP. FOR CW THEY DO NOT REQUIRE YOU TO REPORT BACK WITH BANKBOOK IN 90 DAY. Is that hard to grasp

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

What is the problem. Go read OP. FOR CW THEY DO NOT REQUIRE YOU TO REPORT BACK WITH BANKBOOK IN 90 DAY. Is that hard to grasp

How many reports have you read?  I think it is much too early to be making definitive statements.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I have read many of your S.stirring posts many threads. The OP related a friends experience at CW. Your relating what? SFA.

I don't fall for rumors very easy.  Any post that starts with my friend in my opinion is suspect.  I'd say it was more rational to select a few seedy looking applicants and make them come back - like 1 out of 50.  I have a friend who works for immigration and that's what she told me they would do.  However I would put no credence to anything until we have a number of posters who have actual experience. 

I really think it is important with this kind of audience that you really try hard not to start a rumor.  These things can effect peoples lives.  

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I don't fall for rumors very easy.  Any post that starts with my friend in my opinion is suspect.  I'd say it was more rational to select a few seedy looking applicants and make them come back - like 1 out of 50.  I have a friend who works for immigration and that's what she told me they would do.  However I would put no credence to anything until we have a number of posters who have actual experience. 

I really think it is important with this kind of audience that you really try hard not to start a rumor.  These things can effect peoples lives.  

Actually that is a very sensible post. I think we all agree that Thai imm on in particular occasion regarding new "money in bank" requirements have caused so much worry etc for xpats using that method. It would be lovely to have clear precise release from Thai imm EXACTLY what they require.

Sadly even if they did....we all know some imm offices would make up own rules. Maybe Jomtien an example. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error

29 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

There will be no other way. They won’t rush to kick you out. At the time of extension renewal will be a great time to tell you ”have a nice trip” or your monthly min. balance will work as “welcome to stay”.

You either believe the OP or you go to Imm office and ask them about it by yourself.

Edited by The Theory
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Theory said:

There will be no other way. They won’t rush to kick you out. At the time of extension renewal will be a great time to tell you ”have a nice trip” or your monthly min. balance will work as “welcome to stay”.

You either believe the OP or you go to Imm office and ask them about it by yourself.

2nd hand information.  Do you believe him?  Why?  I think it is too early in the process to tell.  What if some guy is convinced you are correct and spends his money too quickly say on hospital bills and gets kicked out of Thailand?  I'd feel awful it I furthered a rumor that caused that. 

I read the OP and it sounds plausible although if someone asked me to ask those questions while I was getting an extension I'd tell they to go fly a kite. 

My wife owns a part time visa agency anyway so I'd ask her. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

2nd hand information.  Do you believe him?  Why?  I think it is too early in the process to tell.  What if some guy is convinced you are correct and spends his money too quickly say on hospital bills and gets kicked out of Thailand?  I'd feel awful it I furthered a rumor that caused that. 

I read the OP and it sounds plausible although if someone asked me to ask those questions while I was getting an extension I'd tell they to go fly a kite. 

My wife owns a part time visa agency anyway so I'd ask her. 

can i ask?, what is a ''part time visa agency'' that your wife owns?

12 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I will try to find out next week if you have to show up to immigration immediately after your return from abroad. That would really piss me on.

Well for some they can do it when submitting a TM 30. You would think their offices weren't crowded enough!

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, notamember said:

can i ask?, what is a ''part time visa agency'' that your wife owns?

They service mostly engineers from Japan and Korea.  I'd tell you except this is Thai Visa.  Would you list any of your personal details on here?  I have been physically threatened numerous times on here (for disagreeing with someone) and would never advise anyone to identify themselves here. 

If a visa is refused e.g. if it went below 400k in the past year do the Immigration laws allow for the IO to give more than the 7 days normally given on refusal? Could be you have 7 days to get out of the country and reentering 'fortress Thailand' could be difficult.

8 minutes ago, mokwit said:

If a visa is refused e.g. if it went below 400k in the past year do the Immigration laws allow for the IO to give more than the 7 days normally given on refusal? Could be you have 7 days to get out of the country and reentering 'fortress Thailand' could be difficult.

They would not cancel your current extension. They would refuse to accept you application which would allow you to stay until your extension ends.

If you wanted the extra 7 days you would have to apply for the extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country after it is denied.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They would not cancel your current extension. They would refuse to accept you application which would allow you to stay until your extension ends.

If you wanted the extra 7 days you would have to apply for the extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country after it is denied.

If possible that you don't have to show the money at 90 days

( depending on IO or your local Imm', ) go through the year doing 90 reports on line/by post.

Near the end of the year leave to Cambo/Vietnam get a visa to stay long term, stay for 4/5/6 weeks, if you can, decide you don't like and forget to get a re-entry permit.

Extension is gone so start again applying for a new extension.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Jomtien checks bankbook after 90 days, will the visa be cancelled if below 800 /400 ?