Renewed at CW Immigration - No Bank Book in 3 Mths

1 minute ago, yodsak said:

Jomtien checks bankbook after 90 days, will the visa be cancelled if below 800 /400 ?

Actually 3 months according the the posts I have seen.

They could cancel the extension if they broke 800k baht for the 3 months requirement. After that there is no mention of further checks.

As posted in this topic Chaeng Wattana has just had people acknowledge the new requirements and stated they will not check until the next application is done. 

The other thing about 90 day reports for those who use CW Immigration in BKK is it's usually easy to use their online website reporting method, which thus erases any need to actually show up again in person every 90 days and make the trip out to CW.

There's never been ANY indication that I've seen or heard that BKK Immigration -- for bank deposit retirement extensions -- was going to do anything other than check and verify compliance when the next year's extension application came due.

....and there won’t be because the new rules give people who are cheating and especially the agents one year to sort themselves out. I can understand honest people being concerned but the rules aren’t aimed at them. Showing the bank balance after three months reduces the preparation time for cheaters to three months which I don’t think is the aim.
It is a damn shame that honest people suffer collateral damage but it is the price paid for the non confrontational approach which has to be used.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That would be a good advice even if they tell you the 90-day-bankbook check is not necessary in a specific immigration. Who knows if tomorrow counts what they tell you today.
And it should be easy to handle. Costs you five minutes in your bank before going to the immigration office.

The real question in this case is what will happen if you are on travel when you actually should do your 90-days report. I will try to find out next week if you have to show up to immigration immediately after your return from abroad. That would really piss me on.
In many Imm Offices you'd be required to come in anyhow after returning from abroad to file a TM30.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually 3 months according the the posts I have seen.

They could cancel the extension if they broke 800k baht for the 3 months requirement. After that there is no mention of further checks.

As posted in this topic Chaeng Wattana has just had people acknowledge the new requirements and stated they will not check until the next application is done. 

By introducing a mechanism where a valid 1-year extension can be canceled after 90-days versus CW's more reasonable and logical plan to review the bank account on the subsequent renewal application, it seems that Jomtien Immigration are keen on making more work for themselves. Or maybe they are simply preparing their desks for an agent-enabled 'donation' system for unfortunates to get around their temporary lack of fiscal fortitude, similar to the one that has already enabled hundreds (thousands?) to stay long-term without having to do anything with their own money.

Unless it's a multiple-entry type, visa's are canceled as 'USED' at the point of entry. I have read that foreigners found guilty of a crime have had any valid visa or extension revoked before being turfed out. Unless they have a statute that says going below 800k is suddenly a crime, maybe there could be a legal challenge to them arbitrarily canceling a 1-year extension after it has been issued due to a money grab 'local interpretation' of the nebulous new rules by a specific Immigration office?

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

In many Imm Offices you'd be required to come in anyhow after returning from abroad to file a TM30.

Not in Jomtien. I never went to immi after returning from abroad without any problems. But possibly my condo managemant did the TM30 for me

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Not in Jomtien. I never went to immi after returning from abroad without any problems. But possibly my condo managemant did the TM30 for me

The problem arises when you go to do your next extension and they will ask for a TM30 receipt.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Never say never. In your case, yes perhaps your condo management have done the TM 30 for you, did you receive a slip from them to put in your passport? And it appears those on long term extensions, who have remained at the  same address, need not make a TM 30 report in Jomtiem. Also if you have no need to go to immigration, they have no way of bringing up that you are lacking one. Be assured, some people attending Jomtiem, be it for 90 day reports, re-entry permits, extensions  or residence letters etc are being told they have to submit one before their needs will be fulfilled, and they are gleefully issuing the late submittal fine. 

I won't be going down there though after I return from overseas to do a TM30, I will pay the fine and mend my ways when/if it does happen. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

How could anybody at immigration ask for an updated bank book 3 months after the extension ?
Who says you will even be in Thailand at the time the 3 months have passed? Once you extended your retirement for another year you can go wherever you want - you can leave the country for as many days / months as you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, boonrawdcnx said:

How could anybody at immigration ask for an updated bank book 3 months after the extension ?
Who says you will even be in Thailand at the time the 3 months have passed? Once you extended your retirement for another year you can go wherever you want - you can leave the country for as many days / months as you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Immigration offices have had new rules imposed on them from above (or is it the gutter below?) They are effecting them as they see fit, Jomtiem appears to be asking people to return 90 days into their Extension with the passbook, but we don't know what happens to them if they don't, or if they have spent the money. Some offices say they will be checking the money on deposit's history at the next extension. We need to get more feedback as to what is going on here, but don't expect individual offices to conform to any, as of yet, non-existent standard. 

Edited by jacko45k

17 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The problem arises when you go to do your next extension and they will ask for a TM30 receipt.

I'm doing it for 5 years now without issues. Last entrance Dec 18, last extension March 05

Edited by JustAnotherHun

9 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Jomtien requires a TM30 after entering Thailand.   It has only been enforced recently.

The man in the video owned a Jomtien video for 2.5 years and entered Thailand 12 times without ever filing a T30 because he didn't know he was supposed to.   It was only when he went to immigration to extend his tourist visa did he learn that he was supposed to submit a TM30 within 24 hours of entering Thailand.  His fine was 1600 baht and someone in the comment section reported seeing several people being fined when he went to Immigration. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Never say never. In your case, yes perhaps your condo management have done the TM 30 for you, did you receive a slip from them to put in your passport? And it appears those on long term extensions, who have remained at the  same address, need not make a TM 30 report in Jomtiem. Also if you have no need to go to immigration, they have no way of bringing up that you are lacking one. Be assured, some people attending Jomtiem, be it for 90 day reports, re-entry permits, extensions  or residence letters etc are being told they have to submit one before their needs will be fulfilled, and they are gleefully issuing the late submittal fine. 

I won't be going down there though after I return from overseas to do a TM30, I will pay the fine and mend my ways when/if it does happen. 

I own this condo now plus 10 years and never moved elsewhere. And I did not get a slip from the management here.

You might be right, because it is 3 or 4 years ago when I had to visit Jomitien Imm for a 90-days-report. 

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I own this condo now plus 10 years and never moved elsewhere. And I did not get a slip from the management here.

You might be right, because it is 3 or 4 years ago when I had to visit Jomitien Imm for a 90-days-report. 

And you may then fall into the same category I seem to have done. I certainly never ask about a TM30 when I go to immigration, and I have done so a few times in the last 2 month (extension and then a re-entry permit), it was never mentioned. But I have lived in the same place here many years. I try to do my 90 day reports on-line too! Last year I did leave Thailand twice. 

It actually irritates me as of course I register my address on the TM 6, then they expect I can travel all the way to immigration within 24 hours of travelling half way around the world. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SEtonal said:

Jomtien requires a TM30 after entering Thailand.   It has only been enforced recently.

When was "recently"? I came back to Thailand Dec 18 and was at Jomtien Imm March 05 for extension. No questions, no fines.

But I'm on retirement not on TV like the man in the video. No idea if this makes the difference.

23 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

They service mostly engineers from Japan and Korea.  I'd tell you except this is Thai Visa.  Would you list any of your personal details on here?  I have been physically threatened numerous times on here (for disagreeing with someone) and would never advise anyone to identify themselves here. 

thank you

that does not surprise me

Edited by notamember

Please forgive me for a non related question, my ext based on retirement expires 26 May 1019. I have the funds on my saving acc in BKB. I would like to open a FD acc and transfer the funds on that acc.It would be seasoned for 2 months before filling the ext. Would it be accepted in jomtien IO ? I am still not sure about the seasoning 2 or 3 months? Thanks for help>

22 minutes ago, erymax said:

Please forgive me for a non related question, my ext based on retirement expires 26 May 1019. I have the funds on my saving acc in BKB. I would like to open a FD acc and transfer the funds on that acc.It would be seasoned for 2 months before filling the ext. Would it be accepted in jomtien IO ? I am still not sure about the seasoning 2 or 3 months? Thanks for help>

I have not seen a post stating that 2 months on a renewal is acceptable at Jomtiem, and that might be why people are not testing it! I can see why you might want to hide away your retirement qualifying funds in a FD, it makes sense.

Do you have 800k extra available to try it out? Open the FD with different money retaining the savings account balance as a back up. You can always spend one of them after!

Edited by jacko45k

Thanks Jacko45K for your reply. I have over a 1Mil on saving acc but not an other 800K. I have funds on my UK acc but I would not transfer anything to Thailand at this time with low rates. I wait until the pound goes more up. It may go further down if there is a no deal Brexit.

Well, I am not going to risk my ext and better just to leave it at savings acc. I will ask immigration if they would accept transfer of 800k to FD acc after I got the renewal.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, erymax said:

I will ask immigration if they would accept transfer of 800k to FD acc after I got the renewal.   

Yes that would be useful information, although you are likely to be given a slip saying come back after 90 days with the updated passbook! 

Let's not try to predict Sterling these days! :post-4641-1156694572:

On 3/9/2019 at 9:23 PM, DrJack54 said:

First of all the following is not made up story. I travel a LOT. Even on your suggestion ...i need to trot off to imm immediately after return. On April 1 I need fly au. I fly back bkk April 23. 7.30pm. April 24, I fly Osaka mid afternoon. etc etc. When the "F" do I take bank book to imm. Most of my year is similar. Retirement does not mean living in boom docks village for the year.

Why the "F" do you need a retirement extension and all the paperwork , reporting , etc if you travel so frequently...throughout the year and remain in the country less than XX (30) days??

6 minutes ago, 2tall said:

Why the "F" do you need a retirement extension and all the paperwork , reporting , etc if you travel so frequently...throughout the year and remain in the country less than XX (30) days??

Maybe he's self employed and work is not predictable?

I, too, am on a retirement extension and have it due to the above reason. If work doesn't come, or, I feel like taking a year off now and again, it's the best method.

22 minutes ago, 2tall said:

Don't know where to start. First I have never done a 90 day report. Never done a tm30. I go to CW ONCE a year for extension. Minimal paperwork for retirement. I didn't say I lived in Thailand for less than xx (30) days (whatever that means. My example is that some people could be out of Thailand at the 3 month time to show bankbook to imm (Jomtien seems going down that stupid path)  And I don't mean few days either side. In my case and many others I have sold my family home in au. When I go there I rent. I keep all my s### in bkk. Where do I leave it when I'm in Japan or wherever. The locker at MRT is tad small.

Edited by DrJack54
Error

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

When was "recently"? I came back to Thailand Dec 18 and was at Jomtien Imm March 05 for extension. No questions, no fines.

But I'm on retirement not on TV like the man in the video. No idea if this makes the difference.

It does make a difference.  Those on marriage-based are put through the wringer much more than retired - for now.  Even if on retirement, IMO it is best to CYA and do the TM-30, as they will get around to screwing-you too, eventually.  They want farangs all either gone or paying tribute, and fines + hoops are the methods used to accomplish that goal.

23 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

You've never used a book updating machine, have you?

In my experience, they don't update all entries except for the last 30-days or less.  As the nearest (working) passbook-machine / manned-branch to me is a long drive, my book shows scattered results.  The best option if not updating one's bank-book regularly, is to get a complete transaction-list from the bank.

23 minutes ago, 2tall said:

Have you read the reports of how immigration is treating travelers entering with Tourist Visas or Exempt, if they have as little as 5 mo total-time in Thailand in the past year or so?  In some cases, they count back cumulative-days well over a year, to make it sound like a "big number" of days in-country. 

The goal of the new-rules, and the "crackdowns" on use of Tourist entries, is to get those who have no reason to keep bank-money or income coming in year-round, to pay them off via their agent-partners - to "fix" extensions for them.

34 minutes ago, 2tall said:

Why not? For me it is more comfortable to do the extension once a year and then be free to come and go whenever I want or need to without applying for a TV every time. It happens that I come to Thailand and get a call from my office to come back to Europa a few weeks later. TVs lost then, apply for a new one just costs my time.

49 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

You've never used a book updating machine, have you?

I did not use updating machines yet, right.

I get a complete report over six month when I go to BKK Bank and take my bank letter before visiting immigration.

• Like 1