Renewed at CW Immigration - No Bank Book in 3 Mths

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure where people are getting the 90 reporting and bank book check tied together from. I have seen no mention of it from immigration.

A friend who renewed his retirement ext in Chiangrai was told to do his 90 day reporting at the same time. Then also bring his bankbook when he returns to do his 90 reporting. And this was actually pre March 1st.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

sorry but i cant see, what you are getting at,  as every IO hasnt got a dam clue about the directive, so next time you go to CW there will be a different IO with his/her own interpretation of the rules. nothing is ever uniform in this country,

The uncertainty is uniformed.  ????

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure where people are getting the 90 reporting and bank book check tied together from. I have seen no mention of it from immigration.

People were given a date to show their bank book 3 months after they applied for their extension at Jomtien immigration.

If the date for for the 90 reporting is on the 15th and showing bankbook on the 16th, woud you go on these date subsequently?
I have to do the 90 reporting and I do that on the same day of the application for extension, which is every 90 days too. The dates are rarely the same.

One thing; never exceed the extension date, but the reporting can done one week after the date without harm.

Rgds,

• Like 2

The posts today concerning this subject are very unclear. I assumed (from what I read) that I may have to produce my updated bank book when doing my 90 day report to show my 400,000 Bt.) Don't understand the OP being told he won't have to do anything in 90 days, normal report etc.,).

So, is it not simply a case of bringing the updated book with you when doing your 90 day thing in case you are asked to show it?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

would someone also need to present the bankbook after 90 days, if 800 k are kept in fixed deposit for 2 yrs ??

wbr

roobaa01

Well yes, why not. A fixed deposit can be drawn on or closed at any time. 

If not, it would not be a qualifying account!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BertM said:

He was told he didn't have to come back to show his bank book in 3 mths. How is that unclear? If he doesn't need to do a 90-day report (because he's traveling for example), then he doesn't need to go into IM in 90 days. How is that unclear? And, if he ever does go into the IM office to do a 90-day report, even though it's NOT a requirement to show your bank book, all IM officers have the authority to ask and check your bank book balance if they WANT to. How is that unclear?

None of it is unclear. Again thanks for update. Especially as I use CW. This is what I expected especially at CW. As I have mentioned in many threads I have never been to imm except for extension (date somewhat flexible). Need to show bankbook at imm would be a nightmare for some. Some of the posts mention 90 day reports because some imm offices are doing crazy stuff. Not unusual. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

would someone also need to present the bankbook after 90 days, if 800 k are kept in fixed deposit for 2 yrs ??

wbr

roobaa01

Would the bank update the book for a FD without making a transaction?

38 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

wbr

roobaa01

Sorry if Im wrong but I was led to believe you cannot tie your money up for two years as funds have to ge accessable at all times.. Maybe yours are but with lose of interest? 

Edited by Chicken George
Typo

12 minutes ago, yodsak said:

wouldn't with me on monday.  

you need a transaction to make it update, which i did on tue.

Are you allowed to make a transaction with a FD? I though they usually do nto allow subsequent deposit?

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Are you allowed to make a transaction with a FD? I though they usually do nto allow subsequent deposit?

It was an  SCB FCD A/C i used for the visa. 

I transferred one pound into my FD A/C.  got 41 baht.

I was told that the ONLY way I could add to or withdraw from my Kasikorn FD (fixed deposit) account was using my pass-book... so in theory, no need to update it, since it would ALWAYS be up to date..  

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

from Kasikorn web site (might nto apply to other banks):

Q.. Can a fixed deposit passbook be updated at an automatic passbook update machine?

A, Customers can update transactions in their fixed deposit passbooks at automatic passbook update machines at every branch.

which of course is free. I'll have to try it.

That's what i wrongly assumed,  she put the book in the machine and it updated to the last transaction in dec.  [interest].    not the 4th of mar

Got there in the end,

another transfer /update june 4th. and every 3 months after that maybe. 

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

sorry but i cant see, what you are getting at,  as every IO hasnt got a dam clue about the directive, so next time you go to CW there will be a different IO with his/her own interpretation of the rules. nothing is ever uniform in this country,

How right you are.

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP Thanks for the effort. I do extensions at CW. Myself and many others have been banging on about 90 day reports have zero to do with checking the new requirements. I, along with others never do 90 day reports as travel too much. Perhaps Jomtien imm at some point will realize what they are doing is crazy. Or maybe they want people to resort to agents.

The more people who resort to agents, the more money in their pockets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I just stick the book in the machine and it prints a line with current date!

Right, but that won't be enough to show the bankbook  to the IO on this 90-days check. You need the complete record over 3 month.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

The posts today concerning this subject are very unclear. I assumed (from what I read) that I may have to produce my updated bank book when doing my 90 day report to show my 400,000 Bt.) Don't understand the OP being told he won't have to do anything in 90 days, normal report etc.,).

So, is it not simply a case of bringing the updated book with you when doing your 90 day thing in case you are asked to show it?

I think the OP is quite clear about an acquaintances recent experience at CW and what he was told by a specific IO at CW. Anyone who considers this as being a universal interpretation of the rules, even if they also file at CW, is taking a risk. It always pays to check personally with your local Immigration office before one does any filing. Updating one's bank book before making the first 90-day report after getting an extension may be advisable.

The thread becomes unclear when subsequent posters introduce their experience at non-specified Immigration offices or talk about different types of bank account or conflate the lump-sum method with the proof of monthly income method.

4 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

wbr

roobaa01

For sustaining evidence of funds, the seasoned 400k/800k lump sum method is not considered the same as the monthly minimum proof of income method and thus so far does not require the same 90-day post-extension review.

Of course this is as it stands right now and if someone is subsequently asked to show the lump sum is still intact by specific appointment after 90-days (like Jomtien) or otherwise on a subsequent 90-day report, then maybe YMMV has struck again.

• Like 1