Looking for Thailand Expatriate to Partner with in Cambodia

23 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Very amusing posts the Thai health insurance issue has already been done death so to speak.

Don't understand people living here sometimes and how they get to sound so desperate and post help me I can't help myself.

Here one :-

https://www.viriyah.co.th/en/longstay-form.php#.XISOxCIzaDK

I'm not with this one but got insured at 68 and my premium 32,000 per year. 

Ok,

Look, you are trying to help, but you ruin your goodwill by taking a jab at people.  How about just helping and not judging? Is that too much to ask?

I looked at the information.  I'm done with Thailand,  but I'm interested in helping others.  This policy states it is for the 5 year visa. Is this the Elite Visa Program insurance? If so, that only helps those with the Elite Visa.  Why not disclose who you use?

Edited by CaptainJack

14 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

If you  feel harassed or paranoid about Thai immigration, maybe getting out is best. But remember, no matter where you go, there you are.         

I'm planning in eating lots of 'Happy Pizza' in Phnom Penh, so hopefully I won't be there (mentally).

• Haha 1

I feel like this has become a topic about me having to defend myself.   I'm done. My intention was honest and sincere.  Y'all figure it out.  I'll either be in Latin America,  Cambodia or the United States. 

Good luck.  Your own your own.  Bye.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

Ok,

Look, you are trying to help, but you ruin your goodwill by taking a jab at people.  How about just helping and not judging? Is that too much to ask?

I looked at the information.  I'm done with Thailand,  but I'm interested in helping others.  This policy states it is for the 5 year visa. Is this the Elite Visa Program insurance? If so, that only helps those with the Elite Visa.  Why not disclose who you use?

No I help myself in this situation no need for company of others, that's done at my choosing.

I'm not judging I said I don't understand them.

I'm health insured with a Thai insurance company named in posts on the health forum this is in pub.????

Captain Jack.

Firstly I like your posts.

Some hopefully constructive comments :

I think Cambodia could be a non starter for you as insurance including medivac is going to be costly. 

I think perhaps a fresh topic in the health insurance section here might give you some ballpark figures.

Sheryl is very knowledgable and helpful as well as Cambodia experienced.

The sharing life idea sounds OK, might work.

Another matter and I am only  half guessing here but you seem to lack a network of friends that could act as support when you are feeling down or just need/want some company.

You have already had Britman make the kind offer of meeting up with him and his expat friends in Cambodia, yes I noticed you have acknowledged that.

It is a shame you have ruled out Thailand but understand you.

I have lived in naklua about 10 years now.

Got to know a lot of people, some have become good friends.

If at some stage you change your mind, I could meet up with you and could also introduce you to expat/long stayers.

As per my topic European alternatives to Thailand, I will be out of Thailand  during the summer months.

So, somewhat similar to  yourself I am considering my options for the future.

I am actually impressed by the quality of replies I have received. Many people do try to help.

As to you feeling you need to defend yourself, I only noticed 1 post I would consider harsh.A moderator posted others had been removed.I did not read those.

There really  are some people on your various threads that I feel have tried to help and also understand you a bit better.

Different posters have different posting styles, that is only natural.

To finish I wish you Good Luck and a happy life wherever you choose.

Edited by seasia
  • Thanks 1