Video: Popular British YouTuber in Thailand diagnosed with cancer but has no insurance

webfact

3 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

For the average Joe, whose pockets are not deep enough to finance either a serious event or expensive insurance, life is an uncomfortable gamble.

I've had to think a lot about this recently.  The sensible thing would be to return home while you are still healthy, and come over for holidays.

Failing that I am wondering whether it's not best to take regular health checks so that you will likely be forewarned,  That way you can be back in Blighty, or wherever, even before harsh symptoms make themselves known.  I also think keeping fit through regular exercise has to be considered mandatory.  Then keep some form of basic health insurance to at least cushion any unexpected blow.

Your sensible thing is spot on - plus the only months I can stand the weather is December to February which coincides normally with the worst and darkest in the UK. Volia no visa problems and no getting tired of Thailand and free health care on tap. What's not to like ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

For the average Joe, whose pockets are not deep enough to finance either a serious event or expensive insurance, life is an uncomfortable gamble.

I've had to think a lot about this recently.  The sensible thing would be to return home while you are still healthy, and come over for holidays.

Failing that I am wondering whether it's not best to take regular health checks so that you will likely be forewarned,  That way you can be back in Blighty, or wherever, even before harsh symptoms make themselves known- if you succumb in Thailand you will likely be in no fit state to get on a plane.  I also think keeping fit through regular exercise has to be considered mandatory.  Then keep some form of basic health insurance to at least cushion any unexpected blow.

I agree and I was quoted 3,500THB for a health check up at an 'International Hospital' on Samui and 1,000THB more with a PSA test. They are looking to identify problems to make them money, I would be looking for them to find problems I can go home and get fixed or treated for significantly less cost.

7 minutes ago, Kenchamp said:

I thought when he first found out he had this cancer that he had the funds to pay for the treatment. Now he seems to have decided to play the go fund me tune and is even promising that all donations will be accounted for. Sounds to me like he could afford to pay for the treatment himself but would prefer others to chip in and pay for it.

Or that his treatment is going to be continuous over a number of years. This is not like a broken leg.

Its not so easy to know What is true or not. I see somebody have wroten

about properties and saving in his commentfield but all these comments get clean out.

Yes He told He paid in advance,But now he obviously is lacking money again.

but he is vlogger and then begging for money is in his blood. It is his work in Pattaya( Yes I dont think he has other work).

But Why not? If  people like to help They Can do. Its not wrong to help him.

Edited by Greenriver

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Take a look at his last video. He could barely speak at times!

He could set up the camera, film a vlog, take footage from the window and edit, post the vlog between meals and visitors, then make the plea for the spondoola. 

I agree he needs further acting lessons as he sometimes forgot he’s supposed to be at deaths door and here the issue I have with this facade of a vlog.

He accomplished all this by himself because if he’d had any assistance from a sane person they’d have stopped him from publishing this pathetic begging ruse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So why is he staying in the most expensive hospital in Pattaya when he has no insurance? 
He could have chosen Memorial or even a government hospital.
Would save him at least  a million baht. This is cancer and a long treatment is needed, he will be well looked after in a government hospital.    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, balo said:

So why is he staying in the most expensive hospital in Pattaya when he has no insurance? 

If you go back to his orig vdo, I think its because he can afford the treatment.

However now donors are throwing money at him. IMHO he would be a mug not to accept the money that is being genorously thrown at him - I would take it.

On 3/19/2019 at 10:03 PM, Sumarianson said:

You are putting your wallet in the hands of a shady second hand car sales man. Go to the guy who is selling the Lamborghini for a reasonable price. It works.  

Watch this and ask yourself would you put yourself in his hands or the hands of a doctor paid many perks to sell, and thats what they do, sell you chemo and radiation. You will die within 5 years of chemo and radiation with only a 5% chance of surviving to 5 years. A supposed therapy that is poisonous and will kill you, that is 80 years old? Do you see the changes there have been in 80 years? But not in CANCER cures! Or have there been and still are cures that Big Pharma who pay the FDA don't want you to have? Because of maybe the trillions of dollars Big Pharma make from the therapy and drugs? Take your head out of the sand and watch here. If you survive this painless therapy then there is a good chance that you will continue to live a normal drug free life. As always, up to you. But at least make an informed decision.

No advances in cancer?

I had radiotherapy for prostate cancer over ten years (UK) ago and am still clear of it. It was fairly advanced. I realise that this is one of the more treatable types and I get the impression that cancers caused through smoking do not have a good cure rate. Having said that I know someone who is still going 20 years after having his voice box removed.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, rott said:

No advances in cancer?

I had radiotherapy for prostate cancer over ten years (UK) ago and am still clear of it. It was fairly advanced. I realise that this is one of the more treatable types and I get the impression that cancers caused through smoking do not have a good cure rate. Having said that I know someone who is still going 20 years after having his voice box removed.

I am very happy for you and anyone else that has had longevity after their treatment. However it is not the norm and statistics bear this out. Operations have a higher rate of sucess combined rarely with chemo. It is the very poisonous radiation that is worrying. Even though chemo is poison also. 

My main point is that where Burzinski is curing cancer at a better rate than the current chemo and radiation option. People who opt to have that therapy should be allowed to have it without first having chemo and radiation which is the current situation. The FDA and the AMA admit readily to the efficacy and safety of the treatment but will not allow it worldwide as the patent is by an individual and not a big Pharma company. However Burzinski has tried to work with big Pharma also but in the end the opted out and stole his research.

It is happening everywhere. Just look at how the UK is being denied Brexit!

On 3/23/2019 at 12:13 AM, Greenriver said:

I think he now is broke and out of money. So I am now positive to his GFM account.

I was a bit Big mouth before because someone Wrote He was fulloaded and had properties, car and savings. That was just bullshit I think.

So I like to say sorry for that.

Your pidgeon thai speak cuts no ice with me .. Flang trying to be smart ... Are you on a %

• 2 weeks later...

95% sure this dude was getting a visa in savanaket last week. Showed another visa runner images of K.I.T and if it was not him he has a doppelganger and a half claiming to live in Chiang Mai. Even sounded like him. Same glasses even an image of him wear the  t-shirt he had on.

Edited by Laddy123

20 hours ago, Laddy123 said:

95% sure this dude was getting a visa in savanaket last week. Showed another visa runner images of K.I.T and if it was not him he has a doppelganger and a half claiming to live in Chiang Mai. Even sounded like him. Same glasses even an image of him wear the  t-shirt he had on.

Newbie, first post ... spots Kev where he shouldn't be? What could this all mean? That it's not true? Made up troll post?

18 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Newbie, first post ... spots Kev where he shouldn't be? What could this all mean? That it's not true? Made up troll post?

Probably back in a Pattaya ladyboy bar selecting his woman for the night like he normally does. Rob will be doing the same with all this money coming in. Hope the donators realise where their moneys going.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kraig62 said:

Kev has property in Spain and is not poor. Rob too, he doesn’t like people knowing he owns and has rent coming in from his house in Florida. 

People are so gullible it’s unbelievable.

I saw a video of his property in Spain, I think he was trying to sell it? It's not a five bedroom palace in Puerto Banus, it's a small flat in the middle of nowhere, hardly likely to generate much in revenue if rented, and a drain on his resources if it isn't rented.

No one needs to fund Kev, it's down to individual choice. You don't need to do anything. But stop trying to portray this guy as a wealthy individual, a good chunk of what he has will be absorbed in hospital costs. 

I understand people being indifferent, if they don't know the guy our don't watch his channel, no issue with that. But I'll never understand those that go out of there way to actively harm someone, who's in a position that few people would want to be in? Your posts say nothing about Kev, but they say everything about you.

• Thanks 2

Today Robert( vlogger)  updated the GFM account that Kevin has lost 70 KG. Is that a joke or is fact?

70 kg is dangerously much during so short time , and If he has I will say its not much left of Kevin. 

Edited by Greenriver

Just need to verify some info in order to keep up and stay in the loop.

In one recent "report" we have a forum member "... 95% sure this dude was getting a visa in savanaket last week..." was Kev.

In another "report" a vlogger, who is in charge of a GFM account, claims Kev has lost 70 kgs. 

If both reports are correct and we put them together, there is a 20kg Britt wearing a T-shirt with Kev's image who is updating his visa.

Social media is fantastic!  You can't make this shit up ????

Edited by kramer2011
--
  • Haha 1