Video: Popular British YouTuber in Thailand diagnosed with cancer but has no insurance

webfact

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

Social media is simply a great outlet for angry people with deep seated psychological issues. If Mother Theresa had given all her money to the poor, contracted a serious illness, and set up a Go Fund Me page she’d be pilloried as an e-begging old scrounger, who deserved to die. 

The toxic Gregg in Thailand has monetised his channel, after spending a social media life denouncing e-beggars ... the poisonous <deleted> fails to see the irony in that.

Although, social media does need the haters and detractors to keep the others in check and offer opposing schools of thought.

Although,  maybe Greg goes a bit far.

Anyone with a negative bit of criticism is tabled a hater.

When talking about oncology, can someone, please. help me with some medication prices, please?

HERCEPTIN 440MG, PERJETA 420MG, ALECENSA 150/240, ZELBORAF 240/56, KEYTRUDA 100MG, OPDIVO 10ML, TECENTRIQ 1200MG

Or, at least, some of them. You will really help.

Thank you all!

On 3/14/2019 at 12:03 PM, Kieran00001 said:

"There have been as many inventors killed for producing free energy devices."

No there haven't, you just read that there have been on the internet and automatically believed it, its called being gullible and is not something to be proud of, a simple example for you, how does it make Trump look?  You're no better.

Stan Meyer, is just one!

Where do you get your information? From the mainstream news? Ha Ha Ha. Maybe JWB, Aaaaa! Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice dhaaaaaa.

Watch and weep. A troll never weeps.. 

Edited by Sumarianson

On 3/12/2019 at 11:53 AM, AlexRich said:

It’s not a subject that I like to dwell on, but I have seen documentaries about people who have attempted to treat their cancer with alternative approaches other than conventional medicine ... the majority of whom died at the end! I’d do my research but ultimately I’d stick with the best professional advice I could afford.

You are putting your wallet in the hands of a shady second hand car sales man. Go to the guy who is selling the Lamborghini for a reasonable price. It works.  

Watch this and ask yourself would you put yourself in his hands or the hands of a doctor paid many perks to sell, and thats what they do, sell you chemo and radiation. You will die within 5 years of chemo and radiation with only a 5% chance of surviving to 5 years. A supposed therapy that is poisonous and will kill you, that is 80 years old? Do you see the changes there have been in 80 years? But not in CANCER cures! Or have there been and still are cures that Big Pharma who pay the FDA don't want you to have? Because of maybe the trillions of dollars Big Pharma make from the therapy and drugs? Take your head out of the sand and watch here. If you survive this painless therapy then there is a good chance that you will continue to live a normal drug free life. As always, up to you. But at least make an informed decision.

Edited by Sumarianson

On 3/13/2019 at 6:15 PM, Myran said:

Regretfully, your anecdotes and Burzynski's reported results (which were not achieved with randomized controlled studies and which other researchers have not been able to replicate) does not trump actual research and proven methods.

There are plenty of people who claim they've been cured of cancer using quackery such as homeopathy as well, but that doesn't mean it actually works. There is such a thing as remission, and it does happen spontaneously.

How to explain this guy?? Around for more than 50 years a Medical doctor, (Dist.) top of his class with a PhD in Biochemistry. 

Quite an educated quak. 

By the way the FDA acknowledge the efficacy and safety of his procedures. They just dont like him and want to shut him down.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Petit Ulysses said:

When talking about oncology, can someone, please. help me with some medication prices, please?

HERCEPTIN 440MG, PERJETA 420MG, ALECENSA 150/240, ZELBORAF 240/56, KEYTRUDA 100MG, OPDIVO 10ML, TECENTRIQ 1200MG

Or, at least, some of them. You will really help.

Thank you all!

Oh yes. Lots of oncologists here mate.

Get yourself down to the nearest hospital and talk to the pharmacist. 

Stupid question

35 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

How to explain this guy?? Around for more than 50 years a Medical doctor, (Dist.) top of his class with a PhD in Biochemistry. 

Quite an educated quak. 

By the way the FDA acknowledge the efficacy and safety of his procedures. They just dont like him and want to shut him down.

Again: anecdotal evidence and one-sided "documentaries" with a clear agenda are not evidence. If his treatment was viable it would be easy for him to perform scientifically accepted studies and clear his name. There is only one reason he would not do this: it doesn't work.

1 hour ago, Nsp64 said:

Oh yes. Lots of oncologists here mate.

Get yourself down to the nearest hospital and talk to the pharmacist. 

Stupid question

Well, kind of answer, thanks)

Unfortunatelly, patients are aware of this a bit more, than oncologists are. That's why Im asking here. And just now I have no any way to "get myself down to the nearest hospital", that's exactly the reason I use this forum in order to check the issue. Thanks anyway.

1 hour ago, Petit Ulysses said:

Well, kind of answer, thanks)

Unfortunatelly, patients are aware of this a bit more, than oncologists are. That's why Im asking here. And just now I have no any way to "get myself down to the nearest hospital", that's exactly the reason I use this forum in order to check the issue. Thanks anyway.

Try the Health Forum maybe.

• Like 1

A flame has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Rob with his channel «20 seconds in Thailand» starts new YouTube videos about Kevin over and over again. He gives Kevin no rest.

Rob makes a fortune on this. His video gets many views. He has no respect or honor.

Hes really a proffesional begger. I Wonder What Kevin will think when he wakes up.

Edited by Greenriver
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Greenriver said:

Rob with his channel «20 seconds in Thailand» starts new YouTube videos about Kevin over and over again. He gives Kevin no rest.

Rob makes a fortune on this. His video gets many views. He has no respect or honor.

Hes really a proffesional begger. I Wonder What Kevin will think when he wakes up.

Has already endorsed Robbing Thailand's GoFundMe. Guess his respect and honour has gone the same way as Robbing's.

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 2

I think he now is broke and out of money. So I am now positive to his GFM account.

I was a bit Big mouth before because someone Wrote He was fulloaded and had properties, car and savings. That was just bullshit I think.

So I like to say sorry for that.

Edited by Greenriver
  • Like 2

Actually there is one thing I never have understood with the vloggers in Thailand.

They often post videos about how to live in Thailand. Renting condo 15000-20 000b, Electricity, breakfast. Yes cheap breakfast 99 B, dont Buy it for 149 B cause that is so expencive. And You have all the talk about the currency Exchange rates. And for Gods sake dont Buy Beer for 60 B when You Can Buy for 55 B and so on. Do This and do that..   

So They need hundred thoudands of bahts because They forget insurance. Or »forgot».....Actually the most important! 

But living is learning. We all learn every day, and so do the vloggers.

Edited by Greenriver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Greenriver said:

Actually there is one thing I never have understood with the vloggers in Thailand.

They often post videos about how to live in Thailand. Renting condo 15000-20 000b, Electricity, breakfast. Yes cheap breakfast 99 B, dont Buy it for 149 B cause that is so expencive. And You have all the talk about the currency Exchange rates. And for Gods sake dont Buy Beer for 60 B when You Can Buy for 55 B and so on. Do This and do that..   

So They need hundred thoudands of bahts because They forget insurance. Or »forgot».....Actually the most important! 

But living is learning. We all learn every day, and so do the vloggers.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Greenriver said:

I think he now is broke and out of money. So I am now positive to his GFM account.

I was a bit Big mouth before because someone Wrote He was fulloaded and had properties, car and savings. That was just bullshit I think.

So I like to say sorry for that.

A lot of people are poor and diagnosed with cancer.  Where are their GoFundMe accounts and sympathy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

everyday, some farlang are the total opposite of local folks, but they live in their own little worlds.

example.  when you visit the Aetna office in the city of Chiangmai they have many cancer insurance offers all over the place.  doesn't my inpatient coverage include cancer?  'yes, it does but the Thai people like to also buy extra insurance for cancer'.  and most would never even go without inpatient cover even if they have paid up Social Security cards... me when I taught at a Thai university, still kept BUPA paid up on top of that for sure and I was in my 40's not trying to keep my insurance for old age.  yeah, plus it expires as soon as you stop the school stuff.

and here we have a Brit with no insurance at all.  just a coincidence at home it would not be a worry for him. 

but somehow ended up in Thailand.  or that's how I read this, yes?

Edited by WeekendRaider

... and here we have a Brit with no insurance at all.

Which is fine if you choose to self-insure and have adequate savings.  But savings of a few hundred thousand baht isn't going to 'cut it' if you have a serious illness or accident.

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2019 at 5:11 PM, smudger1951 said:

If you do not live in the uk for three years i think you lose your entitlement to nhs sevices.

On 3/11/2019 at 5:19 PM, oyster said:

O>K> so lets step back and take an objective view

1. Cancer is anaerobic so get lots of oxygen and starve it.

2. Cancer can only live in an acidic environment - so switch to alkaline, half a teaspoon of baking SODA in a glass of water every morning.

3. You live in Thailand <deleted> Marijuana is a proven cure for cancer and guess what it's both legal and available in Thailand.

4. A different attitude e.g. a positive one would go a long way.

5. Chok dee. 

Nah ... you go to the NHS and you give Nat Ins number then that’s it ... also your last GP has your records as well 

1 hour ago, twocatsmac said:

I spent a month in this hospital chain, you don’t waltz in for treatment without proof of funds.

Now Kevs actions are looking orchestrated and even rehearsed.

His previous colon cancer scare gave him prior warning of what was to come and this wasn’t just a few weeks ago.

I hope he recovers but my view now is that he’s playing a blinder and a lot of people for mugs. 

Take a look at his last video. He could barely speak at times!

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 2

For the average Joe, whose pockets are not deep enough to finance either a serious event or expensive insurance, life is an uncomfortable gamble.

I've had to think a lot about this recently.  The sensible thing would be to return home while you are still healthy, and come over for holidays.

Failing that I am wondering whether it's not best to take regular health checks so that you will likely be forewarned,  That way you can be back in Blighty, or wherever, even before harsh symptoms make themselves known- if you succumb in Thailand you will likely be in no fit state to get on a plane.  I also think keeping fit through regular exercise has to be considered mandatory.  Then keep some form of basic health insurance to at least cushion any unexpected blow.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 2