Video: Popular British YouTuber in Thailand diagnosed with cancer but has no insurance

webfact

21 minutes ago, Jim P said:

Your like a broken record, me, me, me.

Reserve that comment for Kevin Burt!

Just illustrating that I do know what I'm talking about and you and Burt are full of BS.

You accused me of not being able to read or understand. Now you know the truth. Not me, me, me, at all, just helping you to see through the BS. I'm good like that.

Edited by Spidey

11 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Reserve that comment for Kevin Burt!

Just illustrating that I do know what I'm talking about and you and Burt are full of BS.

You accused me of not being able to read or understand. Now you know the truth. Not me, me, me, at all, just helping you to see through the BS. I'm good like that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47528886

You clearly cannot understand that the article refers to potential delays for cancer patients in the NHS, just as you don`t seem to be able to grasp that Kev made the decision to pay for his own treatment regardless of whether like yourself he could illegally obtain treatment in the UK, those were his choices and his money. Of course that article does`t fit with your story of just being able to turn up and being guaranteed to receive immediate treatment just as his second hand car doesn`t quite fit in with your stated brand new vehicle. It`s funny watching you keep trying to make square pegs fit into round holes though, carry on.

Edited by Jim P

4 hours ago, kramer2011 said:

This said, Kev has stated that he can pay for his treatment...he has the financial means to take care of himself.  He also claimed ignorance that a GoFundMe account had been set up in his name but was thankful for the account.  This to me seems odd; he can pay for medical treatment but will let others pay for it instead.  

I think even someone with money would not turn their nose up if someone wanted to give them more ;+) 

His first vdo predates the gofundme and in his second he mentions it and says thank you. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

No one would be refused but you would be billed - we're going round in circles all agreeing with each other really.

However given my own GP told me how it is only about 6 months ago I know I've got that bit right. (You're also not entitled to sign up to a GP in your area - many if not most have got closed books now)

As for returning - why panic ? I would rather take my chances in a decent Thai hospital than an NHS one any day of the week!

No we're not exactly singing from the same hymn sheet- a similar one maybe.

But if you can provide a link to the new rule about 6 months then we would be.  

What gets me about the NHS, pretty much everyone lately, is that they are a law unto themselves. It could all boil down to which receptionist you speak with.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Benroon said:

If I had cancer I'm not calling a 2 week wait for a referral and a further 1-2 months to start treatment as 'immediate' - and they're only targets !

Especially when the UK also have the worst cancer survival rates in Western Europe ?

The other thing is that if you are very sick its almost impossible to get on a plane.  When I had appendicitis, I was in no fit state to do anything other than stumble to a car.

The uncomfortable truth is that the best time to return to Blighty is before you get ill. Otherwise, be prepared to have your stack of cash wiped out.

6 minutes ago, Benroon said:

This is exactly what I have been saying- I think you were merely removed from your doctor's register and have assumed that to mean that you can't use the NHS.  By the way, how on earth did it happen?

Returning to the UK after a period of time living away?

If you go anywhere abroad for more than three months, either for a one-off extended holiday for a few months or to live permanently for several years, but then return to the UK to take up permanent residence here again, then you will be entitled to receive free NHS hospital treatment from the day you return. So will your spouse, civil partner and children (under the age of 16, or 19 if in further education) if they are also living with you permanently in the UK again.

(By the way this was archived on 2011.)

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 1

Apart from the fact that you are likely to face delays returning to the UK that won`t even be an option of you are seriously hurt in a vehicle or any other accident or contract some fast acting debilitating virus etc Your bank will take a proper hammering, not being insured is a massive risk no matter how healthy or careful you are.

1 minute ago, Jim P said:

Apart from the fact that you are likely to face delays returning to the UK that won`t even be an option of you are seriously hurt in a vehicle or any other accident or contract some fast acting debilitating virus etc Your bank will take a proper hammering, not being insured is a massive risk no matter how healthy or careful you are.

Yes, I can remember Burt producing a vlog in the same vein, some time ago, advising his subscribers to take out insurance. Pity he didn't follow his own advice, instead of relying on GoFundMe when it went tits up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yes, I can remember Burt producing a vlog in the same vein, some time ago, advising his subscribers to take out insurance. Pity he didn't follow his own advice, instead of relying on GoFundMe when it went tits up.

Well that`s true, but he`s not relying on GFM is he. He paid up front and someone else started a GFM that wont even cover a 10th of the cost. Good luck with your strategy, you better keep your fingers crossed everyday or better still follow some of the advice on here, if you can`t afford it go home, Kev can afford it for now. Good to know your a fan of his vlogs though, who would believe it!

47 minutes ago, Jim P said:

but he`s not relying on GFM is he. He paid up front and someone else started a GFM that wont even cover a 10th of the cost.

You are wrong again, he is a friend of his , a well known Youtube scammer living in Phuket You might try to google his name. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, quad66 said:

On Saturday at 1900 Bkk time Gregg the reluctant nomad is doing a live stream regarding this,it might be worth a look.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Gregg is a poisonous hateful blogger, who has history with Kev. Tried to get him into trouble with the authorities. He’s a thoroughly nasty individual ... he’s not worth shit.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, balo said:

You are wrong again, he is a friend of his , a well known Youtube scammer living in Phuket You might try to google his name. 

Uh, Im wrong again, about what? Get your facts right, Kev paid up front for all his initial treatment before the GFM was ever started. Therefore he is not relying on GFM, that is an aside created by someone else. And as I said $5000 will probably eventually amount to a 10th of the overall cost considering it will be an ongoing process. Stick to the facts and not conjecture  if your going to pipe up.

7 hours ago, Jim P said:

Uh, Im wrong again, about what? Get your facts right, Kev paid up front for all his initial treatment before the GFM was ever started. Therefore he is not relying on GFM, that is an aside created by someone else. And as I said $5000 will probably eventually amount to a 10th of the overall cost considering it will be an ongoing process. Stick to the facts and not conjecture  if your going to pipe up.

GFM limit to increase in 3...2...1...

???? 

:tongue:

Just yankin' your chain...little humour to lighten the mood.

1 hour ago, Peterhua said:

I bet Kev knew all about the GFM and even encouraged his fellow scammer to set it up..be interested to know the percentage split between them. Wouldn't trust either of them as far as i could throw them

Betting is a mugs game, more times than not you will be wrong.

• Haha 2

My god, some of you are wretched people. You truly belong here. It’s no wonder most of you are dating or married to bar girls with a 6th grade education, they are the only ones who will have you. Shameful comments.

Get well, Kev! I hope your message rings loud and clear to everyone. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, grifbel said:

was there some kind of transposition error on this punter's age.  Looks more like 85 than 58!

That's what illness does to you I guess. But you go on living the teenage dream!  Is it air guitar night tonight?????

3 hours ago, dcnx said:

My god, some of you are wretched people. You truly belong here. It’s no wonder most of you are dating or married to bar girls with a 6th grade education, they are the only ones who will have you. Shameful comments.

Get well, Kev! I hope your message rings loud and clear to everyone. 

What is Kevs message meant to be? he trawls around the largest sex tourist destination in Asia giving reviews of places like the Shagwell Inn, and crappy beer bars from the road. The only message seems to be don't live here with no health insurance, which he did!

• Like 2

On 3/12/2019 at 12:26 PM, Captain 776 said:

Exactly........deal with it.

The ones that come here and try living on 300 BHAT a day.......annoy me.

jus sayin

Where do you meet people like that? Or are you just repeating myths?

2 hours ago, Myran said:

Again: anecdotal evidence is not actual evidence. If his cures are so miraculously effective, he would have no problems replicating them in scientifically sound randomized controlled studies. Why doesn't he conduct a set of studies that would clear his name? What does he have to lose if it actually works as he says it does?

You foil-hats are always really quick to tell others to "do their research", but when it comes to do actual research that would prove the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of what you're promoting, you're suddenly not as eager. And what about the many patients who have died in the good doctor's care? Oh, but I forget, it's all a grand conspiracy, isn't it? How convenient...

They didn’t die because the good doctor is a shyster, they all committed suicide to discredit the doctor, all of them under the spell of the deep state’s MK Ultra programme. I read it in a peer reviewed journal published in Tin Foil Hat Weekly. Keep up, your embarrassing yourself.

• Like 2

I wonder what ordeal might have been faced by the average guy if he found himself in Kev's place.  You know the guy I'm talking about- perhaps only with limited means, married with a kid, someone who works hard and keeps his head down.

My guess is that we would see the same vitriol.