Another "sometimes, just sometimes I wonder" moment - Read and post yours

Crossy

<15 minutes later>

He just called back ... 

I've had rental "friends" who wouldn't take no for an answer (long, long ago, before anyone calls Wifey), but an aircon man??

Evidently the system has given the poor chap the wrong number (we did buy an aircon from Homepro around Christmas).

And who has the bigger problem here? The guy who spends 5 minutes plus an extra call to convince your wife? Or your wife who let's him waste her time?

How about: "No I am not X and I am not interested in your problem. bye bye"

Takes less than 5 seconds...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not as bad as before. But still, almost every time I park my ass in a bar for the first time, someone urgently needs to know "where you come from". 5 times a day, at least. Tiring, especially as the question only serves the purpose of pre-assessing the financial capabilities of the Farang.

Wearing a heavy gold chain around my neck with my Passport attached to it may solve the problem. (Or make it worse).????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not as bad as before. But still, almost every time I park my ass in a bar for the first time, someone urgently needs to know "where you come from". 5 times a day, at least. Tiring, especially as the question only serves the purpose of pre-assessing the financial capabilities of the Farang.

Wearing a heavy gold chain around my neck with my Passport attached to it may solve the problem. (Or make it worse).[emoji6]

In my earlier years when o frequented Pattaya bars etc regularly I kept telling myself to have a t shirt made with the following printed on the front:
I’m from England
I’m going to a go go
Not I don’t want to buy you a drink
No poke your connect 4
I’ve been coming here for years
Etc etc

Would of been fun....maybe one day

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just the other day my wife phoned up the A/c company for them

to come and refill an A/c in one of her properties, she was on the

phone for over 10 mins, what are you talking about,he says he wants

to send someone to check it first ,in case its leaking,and this that and

the other,I said all you have to tell them your name, address,you want

the A/c filled its 12,000 BTU,and how much, 

So I said cancel that one as don't need someone to check first,it's going

to be a con,   so she phones another company,and the same thing...I tell

her to just tell them to come and fill the A/c,nothing else. it should be

simple but never is.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

In my earlier years when o frequented Pattaya bars etc regularly I kept telling myself to have a t shirt made with the following printed on the front:
I’m from England
I’m going to a go go
No poke your connect 4
Etc etc

Sometimes I tell 'em that I am from Laos. Of course they don't believe me but they fail to see the humor/sarcasm in it.
Things like that are just way over their head.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

It wasn't like he was a debt collector, he was the HomePro aircon installation chap. 

• "Hello Mrs X, I want to install your aircon" 
  • "I am Mrs Y, I've not bought a new aircon" 
  • "Are you sure you are not Mrs X?"
  • etc. etc. etc.....

Reminds me of someone sending an undertaker to deliver a coffin to a house in the UK. ????

Well it’s good to know that Thais have conversations at cross purposes as well as Thai/Farang !!

Having said that:

Today, the gf was at her friends newly opened salon having a hair thing going on .

I was engrossed in a game on my phone and not fully aware of what she was on about when she pointed to her friend and a guy making a sign for the salon and said “ Neen and Neptune “ !!

Strange names, I thought, as I nodded my head in agreement but TIT !!

Only later on the way home she talked about her friend and I realised she was saying “ Niece or Nephew ?“ earlier !!

As usual I felt it best not to correct her English lest she had a go at my piss poor Thai [emoji20]

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Reminds me of someone sending an undertaker to deliver a coffin to a house in the UK. ????

I don't feel that getting an aircon delivered or serviced is quite the same in terms of intimidation.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

simple but never is.

regards worgeordie

Aircon should not leak through. I filled mine 2 times in 3 months and that was leaking. Quite expensive gas

• Like 2

On 3/12/2019 at 8:54 PM, worgeordie said:

simple but never is.

regards worgeordie

The AC companies are correct. System must be checked and repaired before refilling.

Otherwise you’re just f$&@“(g up the ozone unnecessarily.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 6:30 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

And who has the bigger problem here? The guy who spends 5 minutes plus an extra call to convince your wife? Or your wife who let's him waste her time?

How about: "No I am not X and I am not interested in your problem. bye bye"

Takes less than 5 seconds...

Because Thai's don't behave like that to one another, but I suspect you already know that.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:15 PM, swissie said:

Wearing a heavy gold chain around my neck with my Passport attached to it may solve the problem. (Or make it worse).????

Just glance at them, smile and don't say anything other than when ordering a drink or chatting with your 'chosen one'.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:48 PM, Kadilo said:

I’m from England
I’m going to a go go
No poke your connect 4
Etc etc

Nothing new here, we've probably all had the same thought in our early days in TL. Eventually of course we should realise that no one reads T-Shirts, so it's a waste of time, effort and money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I-Will-Not-Love-You-Long-Time.jpg.d0599331b35b7e809c895932b87613b5.jpg

Are you trying to corrupt my lower age limit?

It probably is best to fix a leak but maybe it's so slow it will stay filled for another two years ? Isn't modern gas not harmful to the ozone layer?

I am always amazed at how long a conversation will go on between two Thai people and when you ask for a translation you get a  three-word reply. 

In December I bought a new large screen TV from Lazada.  It was delivered in good time, works well and is in use. I have no complaints.

In Feb. I received a message from Lazada informing me that my cancellation had been processed and the refund has been credited to my "Wallet".  They quoted my order number and full description of the TV.

As I had actually used  a card to pay the B13,000+ and have never opened a "wallet" with the company I was somewhat bemused.

Naturally, I fleetingly considered just saying nothing, but did the right thing and started the process of trying to tell them they had made an error. I started with a series of emails which were variously not accepted nor replied to. Eventually, I got some character on a chat line and spent an inordinate amount of time trying to convince him I hadn't cancelled my order and I still had the tv. 

He required me to produce various documents to prove I had received the goods and hadn't initiated the cancellation. He gave me the impression he thought that somehow I was at fault in the matter, and he didn't want to believe what I was saying. I nearly told him to stick it several times during the chat, but eventually he seemed to understand and promised to check what had happened. I eventually got a message admitting there was an error and  thanking me for telling them.

At the end of the saga I felt it would have been easier to just let it ride.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

In December I bought a new large screen TV from Lazada.  It was delivered in good time, works well and is in use. I have no complaints.

In Feb. I received a message from Lazada informing me that my cancellation had been processed and the refund has been credited to my "Wallet".  They quoted my order number and full description of the TV.

As I had actually used  a card to pay the B13,000+ and have never opened a "wallet" with the company I was somewhat bemused.

Naturally, I fleetingly considered just saying nothing, but did the right thing and started the process of trying to tell them they had made an error. I started with a series of emails which were variously not accepted nor replied to. Eventually, I got some character on a chat line and spent an inordinate amount of time trying to convince him I hadn't cancelled my order and I still had the tv. 

He required me to produce various documents to prove I had received the goods and hadn't initiated the cancellation. He gave me the impression he thought that somehow I was at fault in the matter, and he didn't want to believe what I was saying. I nearly told him to stick it several times during the chat, but eventually he seemed to understand and promised to check what had happened. I eventually got a message admitting there was an error and  thanking me for telling them.

At the end of the saga I felt it would have been easier to just let it ride.

I think it's fair enough to inform them - and that is what you did.

Personally I would have send them one mail or message on their internal system. And that's it.

If they want to react, fine. If they want to ignore it that is their problem.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it's fair enough to inform them - and that is what you did.

Personally I would have send them one mail or message on their internal system. And that's it.

If they want to react, fine. If they want to ignore it that is their problem.

I thought of doing just that, then considered there would be some poor guy somewhere who didn't get his tv, nor a refund.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:15 PM, swissie said:

God this hit me right in the feels

"You! Where you cum fom?"

"What your name?"

"How long you stay Thailand?"

Go away mate I'm just trying to pay for my groceries.

• Haha 1