Dating advice.....possible, but not obvious "Sick buffalo"

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, brokenbone said:

i just realized i forgot to say: dont invest here,

specially not any business

I'm planning to invest with a European couple in a B&B together with them next year (they're already running one, successfully).

When I invest, it will be my own business. Well, 50% of it anyway. The rest will be a large group of silent investors who have very little voting power over the business.  

But why do you say that?

36 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I dont care how much money they have I want them under 25, tight and skinny, and gone in an hour. Stir the soup on the stove before you go baby, have a wonderful life!

Let me guess.....you pay them to leave ????

Bed and Breakfast place sounds like a great investment...in the USA - 555.  Know nothing about it in Thailand other than there are thousands of good cheap hotels and what I have read here on TV seems work permits and the hiring of Thai employees is a must.   

Sounds like you found a great lady though, all the best to you

Just now, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

He pays them to come there, and they can't wait to leave. 

Now now Fritzie, dont cast aspersions on an alte kakker like moi.....

Just now, Skallywag said:

Bed and Breakfast place sounds like a great investment...in the USA - 555.  Know nothing about it in Thailand other than there are thousands of good cheap hotels and what I have read here on TV seems work permits and the hiring of Thai employees is a must.   

Sounds like you found a great lady though, all the best to you

Thanks! Like I've said, the couple I'm investing with already successfully running one and we've discussed all those things - their lawyer handles everything. They have mentioned that Thai employees is a must and they have those. They also clarified all the rules of work permits, etc. 

I'll do my due diligence. 

6 minutes ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

I'm planning to invest with a European couple in a B&B together with them next year (they're already running one, successfully).

When I invest, it will be my own business. Well, 50% of it anyway. The rest will be a large group of silent investors who have very little voting power over the business.  

But why do you say that?

Land Of Scammers has many pitfalls for the uninitiated

2 hours ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

I have a policy against dating bar girls for obvious reasons. I did however, meet a woman who owns 3 bars in Ko Samui (yes she definitely is the owner, not the bar girl).

there is no difference.

18 minutes ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

In your view.... I'm a small business owner and I view her as the same. She's not selling her body for money. She's also not asked me for money (not directly anyway). 

i mean this in a helpful way, you are very naive. you really have to learn to appreciate what a Thai will do for 100 baht. Especially one who works in or owns a bar. The female bar owners play all the Farangs. That is how they get the money to be able to open a bar. I would be willing to bet there was originally a Farang partner in the first bar she owned who was forced out.    

Just now, NCC1701A said:

i mean this in a helpful way, you are very naive. you really have to learn to appreciate what a Thai will do for 100 baht. Especially one who works in or owns a bar. The female bar owners play all the Farangs. That is how they get the money to be able to open a bar. I would be willing to bet there was originally a Farang partner in the first bar she owned who was forced out.    

I appreciate your input and in most cases like this, you're probably right. Maybe even also in this case. But if I was "very naive", I would be going into this totally blindly and not here asking others about their experiences and inputs. I am skeptical and not 100% trusting in my own intuition and nature. But thanks for your advice - at least I know I'm not just paranoid. 

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

no, i know of a thai woman that owes several beer bars,

she was never a prostitute and she is hugely suspicious

of thai men, i.e that they are always sniffing about for money

51 minutes ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

But why do you say that?

I’ll supply’s an anecdote. I was sitting in a coffee place in Nimman in Chiang Mai a few years back. In came a western guy and two professional looking Thai people. I couldn’t help but hear the conversation. The guy owned a business with a similar arrangement to you, he puts up the cash but has silent partners. It appeared that the silent partners managed to force his resignation and take over his business. No doubt by foul means. He will spend a lot of money on legal advice but he may get nowhere, another Farang taken advantage of by “clever” Thais. Thais won’t view them as criminals, just smart Thais. My advice is the same as the last guy, either don’t do it or only do it with an amount of money that you can easily lose. Just don’t bet the farm.

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I’ll supply’s an anecdote. I was sitting in a coffee place in Nimman in Chiang Mai a few years back. In came a western guy and two professional looking Thai people. I couldn’t help but hear the conversation. The guy owned a business with a similar arrangement to you, he puts up the cash but has silent partners. It appeared that the silent partners managed to force his resignation and take over his business. No doubt by foul means. He will spend a lot of money on legal advice but he may get nowhere, another Farang taken advantage of by “clever” Thais. Thais won’t view them as criminals, just smart Thais. My advice is the same as the last guy, either don’t do it or only do it with an amount of money that you can easily lose. Just don’t bet the farm.

Yes this was one of my first questions/apprehensions too actually. The best way to avoid that is to have several small investors who don't know each other, each owning only a few percent - arranged by a reputable lawyer. I would personally never ever invest with only a few partners on the other half. 

1 minute ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

Yes this was one of my first questions too actually. The best way to avoid that is to have several small investors who don't know each other, each owning only a few percent - arranged by a reputable lawyer. 

lotsa depraved lawyers here that are as honorable as your

typical jaba dealer, but whatever, its your money

Just now, brokenbone said:

lotsa depraved lawyers here that are as honorable as your

typical jaba dealer, but whatever, its your money

uhhh yeah, that's in every country.... I said reputable, as in other expats have experience with them and recommended. Not just some random lawyer from the Thai phone book. 

Just now, NCC1701A said:

i was banned for three days for using the CB word in another topic.

now i just play along.

Why is there always some arrogant douche in EVERY forum, no matter the topic, that comes and says rude BS like "clickbait nonsense" just because it's not the kind of post they like or want to read?? If you don't like the post, move the fack on. No one's forcing you to read it or take part. 

1 minute ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

Why is there always some arrogant douche in EVERY forum, no matter the topic, that comes and says rude BS like "clickbait nonsense" just because it's not the kind of post they like or want to read?? If you don't like the post, move the fack on. No one's forcing you to read it or take part. 

I am not the one who said click bait.

Archived