Dating advice.....possible, but not obvious "Sick buffalo"

2 hours ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

I'll also mention, I talked about selling my house in Germany in a few years to buy one in Thailand and start a business (not with her, just in general). She told me she didn't think I should sell my house..... if she wanted to use me for money, wouldn't she have been ALLL OVER THAT shit??

So you only met her recently and you're suggesting to her that you'll sell your property and go into business with her?

She doesn't need to ask because she can see it written all over your face. You're cockstruck, and she knows that you will come back to her. You've already offered to pay for the shortcomings in her three bars, right? After only banging her for five days? At what stage in the western world would anyone do that?

For example, if I'm in NZ and I meet a girl on tinder, and I tip her up a couple of times then she asks me for money to cover her failing business, I'm replying with "new phones, whos this?"

Also, you say you're of equal attractiveness and she's stunningly hot. So I'm picking you think you're reasonably decent looking. I'd suggest to you that you use those looks to find someone else who doesn't want money that quickly. If she owns a bar with bar girls, she will know how to manipulate. You're a perfect example of how decent she is at it

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having read most of your replies, you also seem like you're trying to talk yourself out of the solid advice (which is sometimes rare on these forums) that many people, with far more experience here than you, are trying to give you. 

In which case, I'd ask why you're bothering reading the advice if you're not going to heed it?

My advice to you would be to move here first and then find love. If you think you're the only farang whose hotel room she's gone back to, you're sadly mistaken. 

2 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Having read most of your replies, you also seem like you're trying to talk yourself out of the solid advice (which is sometimes rare on these forums) that many people, with far more experience here than you, are trying to give you. 

In which case, I'd ask why you're bothering reading the advice if you're not going to heed it?

My advice to you would be to move here first and then find love. If you think you're the only farang whose hotel room she's gone back to, you're sadly mistaken. 

Are you going to acknowledge that you clearly misinterpreted my disposition before you go on making further assessments about how I interpret the advice given to me? You were wrong thinking that I suggested "selling my house and going into business with her". I never at all said that nor would I ever think to do that. You somehow read that, though. So I guess you probably misinterpreted everything else I've said too. Which is why I guess you think I'm so naive that I believe I'm the only farang she's ever, or ever will be, with. Where are you getting all of this from? I think you're projecting things you've read in other threads on me. 

4 minutes ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

I literally said "(not with her, but in general)" I.e. I DID NOT suggest going into business with her. You read that wrong. 

Either way, if you're starting a business you're suggesting you're putting down roots here. For her that means you're hook line and sinker. Especially if you were only here on holiday when you first met her, she's gonna know that she's the reason you're coming back. You've already offered her money to help her ailing bar businesses

I'm generally positive about Thais and Thai culture, but mark my words, if you keep talking to her, she will start talking about you sending her some money each month to help with her businesses. A few years down the track, you've invested thousands and you find out that so have many others.

I highly recommend you read "confessions of a bangkok private eye" it's a bunch of true short stories by a guy who investigated women like the one you describe on behalf of men like yourself.

59 minutes ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

Yes this was one of my first questions/apprehensions too actually. The best way to avoid that is to have several small investors who don't know each other, each owning only a few percent - arranged by a reputable lawyer. I would personally never ever invest with only a few partners on the other half. 

You really have no clue how Thai business works and unless you can speak and understand Thai fluently, you will get screwed whether your due diligence is enough of not. This is not the USA. Understand that first thing.

You are like the 1 millionth newbie singing the same song. Yes it can happen to you just like the million others

You are here trying to find someone to agree with your half-baked plan

Why do you the majority of readers here do NOT get into business?

The answer is all your due diligence is not enough to prevent a good financial screwing. 

You don't know the game and you certainly don't ever trust Thai lawyers

A Thai lawyer would screw you in a second if he could make some money for himself

Try to remember you are in the Third World where greed and corruption rule

Try moving to Thailand for a year just to see if you can survive that long?

Count how many times you get scammed by girls, taxi drivers, landlords, friends, etc.

See how far your due diligence takes you before you decide to invest and lost all your money

You might learn a few things that save your financial ass

How many farangs have been screwed over by other farangs already in business. Join the long line.

I am amazed at how people can come to Thailand and think they have Thailand by the balls when the reality is, they know nothing.

The most dangerous ones are just like you.

Thinking they have it all figured out and it will never happen to them

Living in Thailand and taking a vacation are two completely different things.

1 minute ago, brokenbone said:

bwpage3 & sammyT are old and not attractive to anyone,

sammyt havnt even bothered to read your original post.

Early 30's and have a long term western partner. I live in Thailand for work, not retirement

Try again. Go on. 

1 minute ago, brokenbone said:

bwpage3 & sammyT are old and not attractive to anyone,

sammyt havnt even bothered to read your original post.

dont bother with them, they couldnt tell if a woman was in lust, its too long since it happened to them.

enjoy your time with her

I hope I am not attractive to you brokenbone

1 minute ago, SammyT said:

Either way, if you're starting a business you're suggesting you're putting down roots here. For her that means you're hook line and sinker. Especially if you were only here on holiday when you first met her, she's gonna know that she's the reason you're coming back. You've already offered her money to help her ailing bar businesses

I'm generally positive about Thais and Thai culture, but mark my words, if you keep talking to her, she will start talking about you sending her some money each month to help with her businesses. A few years down the track, you've invested thousands and you find out that so have many others.

I highly recommend you read "confessions of a bangkok private eye" it's a bunch of true short stories by a guy who investigated women like the one you describe on behalf of men like yourself.

I know you mean well. But once more, you don't know the facts/misunderstood the story. I was already planning to do this BEFORE I met her. In fact, I bought the house here to rent out, and either use the rental income, or sell to start a business, somewhere else. This is not my first time around the block, sir. 

5 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

You really have no clue how Thai business works and unless you can speak and understand Thai fluently, you will get screwed whether your due diligence is enough of not. This is not the USA. Understand that first thing.

You are like the 1 millionth newbie singing the same song. Yes it can happen to you just like the million others

You are here trying to find someone to agree with your half-baked plan

Why do you the majority of readers here do NOT get into business?

The answer is all your due diligence is not enough to prevent a good financial screwing. 

You don't know the game and you certainly don't ever trust Thai lawyers

A Thai lawyer would screw you in a second if he could make some money for himself

Try to remember you are in the Third World where greed and corruption rule

Try moving to Thailand for a year just to see if you can survive that long?

Count how many times you get scammed by girls, taxi drivers, landlords, friends, etc.

See how far your due diligence takes you before you decide to invest and lost all your money

You might learn a few things that save your financial ass

How many farangs have been screwed over by other farangs already in business. Join the long line.

I am amazed at how people can come to Thailand and think they have Thailand by the balls when the reality is, they know nothing.

The most dangerous ones are just like you.

Thinking they have it all figured out and it will never happen to them

Living in Thailand and taking a vacation are two completely different things.

I have tried to be cordial with you, and respectful. Now I'm done. Take your BS responses to another thread. I don't need someone like you who thinks they know who I am or what I know, to sit here and tell me "how the world works" ok? That's enough. I know a lot more than you think, and I dont have to prove squat to you. Just because you've been ripped off repeatedly doesn't mean I am dumb enough to. 

Are you going to acknowledge that you clearly misinterpreted my disposition before you go on making further assessments about how I interpret the advice given to me? You were wrong thinking that I suggested "selling my house and going into business with her". I never at all said that nor would I ever think to do that. You somehow read that, though. So I guess you probably misinterpreted everything else I've said too. Which is why I guess you think I'm so naive that I believe I'm the only farang she's ever, or ever will be, with. Where are you getting all of this from? I think you're projecting things you've read in other threads on me. 

There you go getting defensive. Yes, I misinterpreted, but I've read everything else. 

She knows you're a sucker. You got cockstruck and gave her money for her business after you'd been rooting her for 5 days. Girls who work in and around bars can spot schmucks like that a mile away. 

You clearly think very highly of yourself, despite having to humble yourself and ask for advice here. If you choose not to take the decent advice that has been given out here, that's on you. 

I wish you well, I genuinely do. In my four years here, I've met a bunch of guys who have great relationships with local women, but I've also met a bunch of guys who got absolutely fleeced. I know which category I'd put you into, but clearly you don't want to listen to advice that doesn't agree with what you've already decided. 

Please do an update thread in a couple of years and let us know one way or the other. I'll wait with bated breath. Until then though, I probably won't waste my time replying again, because you clearly don't want to hear the advice. That's your prerogative, of course.

8 minutes ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

You were wrong thinking that I suggested "selling my house and going into business with her". I never at all said that nor would I ever think to do that.

But you gave her money for her sick buffalo (albeit disguised under her "sick" bar business")? That's more of a red flag for me than the going into business thing - which for the second time, I will admit I was mistaken (it's been a long day, I'm tired). 

She's seen you'll open up your wallet when you've only known her a short time. She knows you'll do it again in future.

2 minutes ago, SammyT said:

There you go getting defensive. Yes, I misinterpreted, but I've read everything else. 

She knows you're a sucker. You got cockstruck and gave her money for her business after you'd been rooting her for 5 days. Girls who work in and around bars can spot schmucks like that a mile away. 

You clearly think very highly of yourself, despite having to humble yourself and ask for advice here. If you choose not to take the decent advice that has been given out here, that's on you. 

I wish you well, I genuinely do. In my four years here, I've met a bunch of guys who have great relationships with local women, but I've also met a bunch of guys who got absolutely fleeced. I know which category I'd put you into, but clearly you don't want to listen to advice that doesn't agree with what you've already decided. 

Please do an update thread in a couple of years and let us know one way or the other. I'll wait with bated breath. Until then though, I probably won't waste my time replying again, because you clearly don't want to hear the advice. That's your prerogative, of course.

Defensive? No. Irritated with your lack of comprehension and misjudgment? Yes. If you really "read all my responses" as you claim to have, then you would have read the numerous times I said "thats fair advice", "fair enough", or "you might be right" even to those I don't agree with necessarily. 

You still interepret me as saying "no, you're wrong and I'm right" - in spite of me acknowledging the opposite. 

So get off your high horse. You don't make fair assessments. If you did, we wouldn't be having this conversation. You just like to sit here and judge/correct people to make yourself feel better. 

I have tried to be cordial with you, and respectful. Now I'm done. Take your BS responses to another thread. I don't need someone like you who thinks they know who I am or what I know, to sit here and tell me "how the world works" ok? That's enough. I know a lot more than you think, and I dont have to prove squat to you. 

You've already told us a lot about who you are - you fall in love easily, give money easily, become infatuated easily but don't take advice easily. That's all most posters need to know to offer up decent advice on this thread. I'd recommend they don't waste their breath though, because you clearly only want to hear things that confirm what you've already decided.

It's so idiotic that part of me thinks you're actually trolling now.

3 minutes ago, SammyT said:

But you gave her money for her sick buffalo (albeit disguised under her "sick" bar business")? That's more of a red flag for me than the going into business thing - which for the second time, I will admit I was mistaken (it's been a long day, I'm tired). 

She's seen you'll open up your wallet when you've only known her a short time. She knows you'll do it again in future.

Yeah no kidding, and I admitted that, and came here to discuss to get some sound advice and discuss this. Not to argue with and be talked down to by, rude people like you. 

3 minutes ago, SammyT said:

You've already told us a lot about who you are - you fall in love easily, give money easily, become infatuated easily but don't take advice easily. That's all most posters need to know to offer up decent advice on this thread. I'd recommend they don't waste their breath though, because you clearly only want to hear things that confirm what you've already decided.

It's so idiotic that part of me thinks you're actually trolling now.

You don't even know how to read or make sound judgments so who are you to sit and judge and tell me who I am?? Sod off somewhere. No one is interested in your input. You're overly self-righteous and like to argue, so welcome to being the first person on my ignore list. Goodbye. 

22 minutes ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

You don't know me, my business experience, my education, or how much money I have. So take your cynicism somewhere else, please. 

Let me guess...world renowned billionaire and philanthropist, BS, MA, JD, MD, Phd all at the same time from Hahavahd....

So get off your high horse. You don't make fair assessments. If you did, we wouldn't be having this conversation. You just like to sit here and judge/correct people to make yourself feel better. 

I would say I make a more fair assessment than most on here on account of never having dated a Thai women but met and heard the stories of many people who have. Thus, I'm not bitter and twisted about Thais, nor do I think the sun shines out of their asses. I have heard enough bad stories though to offer the caveat emptor phrase - buyer beware. 

As I said earlier, I genuinely hope it works out for you, but please be careful. You've already given off signs to her that you'll offer up money (talking about return holidays, giving her money to prop up the bar), so she has no need to ask. Doesn't mean she doesn't think she'll get it out of you though. 

Good day to you, sir. 

5 minutes ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

You don't even know how to read or make sound judgments so who are you to sit and judge and tell me who I am?? Sod off somewhere. No one is interested in your input. You're overly self-righteous and like to argue, so welcome to being the first person on my ignore list. Goodbye. 

LOL - If someone doesn't agree with me I'll ignore them. Solid debating technique. I misread one thing so I'm not able to make sound judgements? Clearly you aren't either, otherwise you'd not have given money to an ex-bar girl supposedly to prop up her failing bar business. 

A fool and his money are soon parted

Thai Women are smart, much more smart than Thai men.  In my experience, if they want something or are interested in you, there will not be much ambiguity or mixed signals.  However, if they are NOT interested in you, they will likely not signal that directly.  This girl likely has a few 'Hansum Men' and is just playing the field, IMO.

I know the story seems long, and I apologize for that. I'll try to keep it organized and frank. I'll also mention that I'm 35 and she's 41. We're probably equally attractive - so it's not as obvious as many situations I've read here.  

We apologize, that we are attractive more than our Thai half and not like you equally.

????

2 minutes ago, donim said:

I know the story seems long, and I apologize for that. I'll try to keep it organized and frank. I'll also mention that I'm 35 and she's 41. We're probably equally attractive - so it's not as obvious as many situations I've read here.  

We apologize, that we are attractive more than our Thai half and not like you equally.

????

well at least you're sorry - apology accepted

9 minutes ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

Hard to even be respectable or cordial and have an intelligent discussion with so many jaded d***heads in this forum. 

I resent that Im not jaded

5 hours ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

I'll also mention that I'm 35 and she's 41. We're probably equally attractive - so it's not as obvious as many situations I've read here. 

Holy shit ...... you're repeating my life.

I came to live in Thailand to be with a bar owner I met while on holiday.

She said she was 37 but lied, she was also 41.

She also forgot to tell me about Her American husband, that turned up unexpectedly a month after I moved here.

Ask yours what nationality her foreign husband is ................. ?

Best sex I ever had, before or after.

It's funny how life keeps repeating itself over here, but everyone still believes theirs is different, but they never are in the end. Thailand, hub of 'deja vu'

Archived