Feeling 'eyed' by Thailand and what I'm planning on doing about it

Gecko123

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

A good and honest post.

I would say the Thai Government is not "at arms length" so much as having "their hands in your pocket."  ????

The Thai economy is not doing to well, so what do they do here, extort money out of farang, en masse. 

The crash of 97 had many changes to encourage and welcome tourists/residents, so its nothing to do with the economy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

have you been to Hua Hin? you should come to visit for a solid month. A bit more like California or Florida as far as hospitals, malls, shops. The Thais are used to Farangs here. They call it "White Town". No cop would stop and ask you where are you from. No drug tests and anything like that.

I live like a king on just my SS alone. Sometimes when I travel I add in a few extra hundred dollars for a big party. ???? 

I watched my mom and dad age in the USA. They lived to be 89 and 92. I am in 63 and have zero health issues except for some IBS. 

People live a long time in my family. So I expect to live until at least 80.

It was expensive as hell to get my parents home care.  Like $30 A HOUR! and they had it running around the clock and then assisted living.

That is why I came to Thailand. All you have to do is give a Thai the incentive to keep you alive and they will.

But you have to be start about it.

also the USA you know was destroyed about 20 years ago. you will not be able to speak your mind about anything. 

I would tend to agree, from my experience Hua Hin is an ideal place to retire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1