Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Patriot1066 said:

Don’t mention the 17.5 million we don’t exist!

Now out of the 17.4 million, how many actually wanted a disorderly Brexit, how many wanted a hard Brexit, how many wanted a "Swiss Cheese" Brexit, How many just wanted to give our government a kick up the backside?

At least all those 16.1 million who voted remain, voted for the same thing. 

From what I read on these threads, it’s not really about the EU, and whenever we leave, to quote Graeme Green  (Brighton Rock) “The worst horror was yet to come.”

Chamberlain should have never appeased the Nazis, and May should have never tried to appease UKIP. She was elected to save parliamentary democracy, not destroy it, and pursuing the whims of the mob is not the way to do it (in my view).

So let’s take time to make a plan.

List the things we want.

List the things we don’t want.

List the risks

List the opportunities

Set aside dogma, slogans, vitriol and prejudice.

Or whatever.  I’m pretty sure she knows what she’s doing, and has our best interests at heart. That’s why we voted for her party.  Or maybe it was just a protest vote...

28 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Now out of the 17.4 million, how many actually wanted a disorderly Brexit, how many wanted a hard Brexit, how many wanted a "Swiss Cheese" Brexit, How many just wanted to give our government a kick up the backside?

To overturn democracy?????

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

To retain the status quo, and maintain the sovereignty of parliament over the mob

4 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

To retain the status quo, and maintain the sovereignty of parliament over the mob

The majority of MPs voted to trigger art 50 therefore saying they want to leave the EU, both major parties stood on a manifesto to leave the EU. I think it would be fair to say that the mob are the remainers who do not like democracy and wish to overturn the result.

51 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I thought some suitable music might give my colleagues additional fortitude as they fight the evil hoards of uneducated Brexiter orcs!

Play LOUD!

They probably just think it's someone singing about their Toyota anyway.

37 minutes ago, vogie said:

If the ballot paper had listed all the options, Hard Brexit, Soft Brexit, May's Deal, Kick the UK Gov where it Hurts, Kick the EU where it hurts, Swiss Cheese Brexit, and Remain. I am sure the result would have been different.

1 minute ago, Basil B said:

If the ballot paper had listed all the options, Hard Brexit, Soft Brexit, May's Deal, Kick the UK Gov where it Hurts, Kick the EU where it hurts, Swiss Cheese Brexit, and Remain. I am sure the result would have been different.

We are where we are. But I believe the Old Girl Brexit still has some life left her. 

7 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I don;t think so.  We still would not know what we were going to do.

The paper should have been a list of what you do NOT want to do,  Then we might have got a majority - possible for a couple of options.

I think our best option is to unify Ireland, with the rest of the British Isles united behind and under Dublin.  They seem to have managed to go through this whole pantomime in good spirit without hysteria.

1 minute ago, StreetCowboy said:

I don;t think so.  We still would not know what we were going to do.

The paper should have been a list of what you do NOT want to do,  Then we might have got a majority - possible for a couple of options.

I think our best option is to unify Ireland, with the rest of the British Isles united behind and under Dublin.  They seem to have managed to go through this whole pantomime in good spirit without hysteria.

I agree on unifying Ireland would be the best way forward but there is so much ingrained bigotry on all sides I can not see anyway that will ever happen in this century.  

Thirty years ago an Irish bloke told me in a pub in London that Ireland would accept unification with devolution under the Crown,

He's the only person that has told me that, but one more than has told me Ireland would accept unification under the Pope.

Alas I fear that many amongst us have not considered either option, nor any other.  I consider myself blessed that I have not been asked to solve the problem, and fortunate that my current job is unlikely to be significantly affected.

2 hours ago, yogi100 said:

"So what happened to the other 15 million or so who voted to remain?"

Most of 'em have since changed their minds and have now decided they want to leave the EU.

16,141,241 voted Remain, 6,062,752 have signed the Revoke Petition, therefore by your argument 10,078,489 have changed their mind.

Therefore:

17,410,742 voted Leave, 605,732 have signed Leave the EU without a deal petition, therefore 16,805,010 Levers have changed their mind...

12 minutes ago, Basil B said:

16,141,241 voted Remain, 6,062,752 have signed the Revoke Petition, therefore by your argument 10,078,489 have changed their mind.

Therefore:

17,410,742 voted Leave, 605,732 have signed Leave the EU without a deal petition, therefore 16,805,010 Levers have changed their mind...

The Article 50 Petition HAS been hijacked by bots. We know, because we did it!

The petition to revoke Article 50 has received millions of signatures. It looked pretty obvious to us that it was being gamed by bots to make false political capital, thereby seriously devaluing the UK Government’s platform for digital democracy. So we tested it for ourselves.  In a single weekend, using just one spare server and with a budget of £22, we were able to make 72,000 confirmed robotic entries. Imagine if we’d put any real effort and resources into it! 

https://www.kent.house/uk-petition-article-50-hijacked-by-bots/

16 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The petition to revoke Article 50 has received millions of signatures. It looked pretty obvious to us that it was being gamed by bots to make false political capital, thereby seriously devaluing the UK Government’s platform for digital democracy. So we tested it for ourselves.  In a single weekend, using just one spare server and with a budget of £22, we were able to make 72,000 confirmed robotic entries. Imagine if we’d put any real effort and resources into it! 

I guess your point is that even people who support Brexit gave 72000 votes in favour of another referendum.  I'm not sure why you would do that, but at least we are agreed on one thing.  We need a second referendum now we know what is being proposed.

Thanks for the votes.

18 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Don't worry, "StuffBrexit" hijacked "Leave the EU without a deal", and signed over 500,000 times.

4 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I guess your point is that even people who support Brexit gave 72000 votes in favour of another referendum.  I'm not sure why you would do that, but at least we are agreed on one thing.  We need a second referendum now we know what is being proposed.

Thanks for the votes.

The Post highlights the amount of fraud on these petitions How many people that voted on this petition are eligible to vote 20% maybe 25% you can have another referendum once the majority vote of the 2016 referendum has been implemented

4 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Don't worry, "StuffBrexit" hijacked "Leave the EU without a deal", and signed over 500,000 times.

And you can provide a link or evidence to support your claim or have you just made this claim up

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

And you can provide a link or evidence to support your claim or have you just made this claim up

Sorry too busy to reply...

Printing "Stuff Brexit" Tee Shirts, selling like hot cakes.

Just like yours...

43 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Just like yours...

Not so I provided a link and you haven't 

The fact of the matter is that unless every last one of the electorate is made to suffer the full consequences of the referendum, and learns to appreciate that we appoint a government, not puppets, we will forever suffer this idiocy, 

ASsecesson offers a small hope of saving us from this chaos, but we have plenty of Cromwellian ruins that tell us we may struggle to avoid the idiocy of our Southern neighbours

SC

8 hours ago, yogi100 said:

As can the hordes of Muslims Merkel invited into Germany and by doing so on to the European continent and accordingly into the British Isles while we are members of the EU. By EU law we can't stop them. Nor therefore the accompanying threat of terrorism and child abuse that will possibly come with them

Not an ounce of fact.

This part of your rant alone shows you up for what you are.

You have lost all credibility as far as I am concerned.

1. There is a section of the country that is still bang up for No Deal – mostly people in their forties and fifties with Union Jack Twitter avatars and exactly 14 tweets, all of which are calling female Guardian journalists "traitors". These people think we ought to embrace the Blitz spirit, keep calm and bloody well carry on. "Get in line for your Brexit rations," they say, "but make sure you start an orderly queue, because we're Brits and that’s what we do!"
  2. No Deal means pleasing these people and ignoring the millions who are worried about the fact that EU migrants are vital to our economy and culture, and concerned about the serious warnings over access to medicines following a No Deal withdrawal. As such, it'd cause major upheaval and none of the wartime spirit that this lot are romanticising, not least because as the war was Actually Very Bad, it never existed in the first place. As such, it's likely this bizarre environment will affect how we act.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/kzdmqy/no-deal-behaviour-a-guide

7 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

1. There is a section of the country that is still bang up for No Deal – mostly people in their forties and fifties with Union Jack Twitter avatars and exactly 14 tweets, all of which are calling female Guardian journalists "traitors". These people think we ought to embrace the Blitz spirit, keep calm and bloody well carry on. "Get in line for your Brexit rations," they say, "but make sure you start an orderly queue, because we're Brits and that’s what we do!"
  2. No Deal means pleasing these people and ignoring the millions who are worried about the fact that EU migrants are vital to our economy and culture, and concerned about the serious warnings over access to medicines following a No Deal withdrawal. As such, it'd cause major upheaval and none of the wartime spirit that this lot are romanticising, not least because as the war was Actually Very Bad, it never existed in the first place. As such, it's likely this bizarre environment will affect how we act.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/kzdmqy/no-deal-behaviour-a-guide

but rocketman says we will start producing "things" again and all will be well, talbot horizions and morris itals could soon be hitting the UK roads again replacing them terrible unreliable nissan,VWs,toyota's etc,maybe he might not be as mad as it seems,they may well rise from grave,shame they would be built in slovakia due to brexit.

4 minutes ago, bomber said:

but rocketman says we will start producing "things" again and all will be well, talbot horizions and morris itals could soon be hitting the UK roads again replacing them terrible unreliable nissan,VWs,toyota's etc,maybe he might not be as mad as it seems,they may well rise from grave,shame they would be built in slovakia due to brexit.

Don't remember any scandals regarding Talbot Horizions and Morris Itals unlike Dieselgate

Maybe you have forgotten which country where Dieselgate originated from 

"Dieselgate" - a timeline of Germany's car emissions fraud scandal

https://www.cleanenergywire.org/factsheets/dieselgate-timeline-germanys-car-emissions-fraud-scandal

Archived