Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Maybe these experts know more than you and the rest of the remainers.

They are taking the view that a “no deal” Brexit has been avoided, and we are heading for a soft Brexit with a transition. 

That would be positive for domestic stocks in particular, the strengthening GBP is not so good for dollar earners in the FTSE 100, but that might be balanced by the avoidance of no deal. 

You will see a more brutal market reaction if a general election is called. One of McDonnell’s ideas is to take 10% of shareholding’s and give them to employees (with the government siphoning off a large share of the income). Effectively stealing from people’s pension funds and share portfolios. Also watch water, gas and electricity utilities ... being lined up for nationalisation at a price determined by the government.

A Corbyn government would be worse than a no deal outcome. The worst scenario would be no deal followed by Corbyn. Imagine the damage of that?

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

They are taking the view that a “no deal” Brexit has been avoided, and we are heading for a soft Brexit with a transition. 

That would be positive for domestic stocks in particular, the strengthening GBP is not so good for dollar earners in the FTSE 100, but that might be balanced by the avoidance of no deal. 

You will see a more brutal market reaction if a general election is called. One of McDonnell’s ideas is to take 10% of shareholding’s and give them to employees (with the government siphoning off a large share of the income). Effectively stealing from people’s pension funds and share portfolios. Also watch water, gas and electricity utilities ... being lined up for nationalisation at a price determined by the government.

A Corbyn government would be worse than a no deal outcome. The worst scenario would be no deal followed by Corbyn. Imagine the damage of that?

Do you not realise, that if there is a Corbyn Government, all the credit will go to you and all the other remainers. When it does happen,I’m going to laugh my socks off.

3FC5E36F-1BF5-473C-8E98-6E4AD9ECAA2A.jpeg

11 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I actually agree with most of your post. Maybe you can call this shyster as he is saying different today but then again he is also project fear personified.

https://news.sky.com/story/mark-carney-risk-of-no-deal-brexit-now-alarmingly-high-11683173

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I actually agree with most of your post. Maybe you can call this shyster as he is saying different today but then again he is also project fear personified.

https://news.sky.com/story/mark-carney-risk-of-no-deal-brexit-now-alarmingly-high-11683173

Well it looks like the chance of no deal is much less now. The Letwin proposal has passed all three readings in the commons and the prime minister will have to seek a long extension  - probably followed by a second referendum. 

Maybe this explains Macron's hard line on extending Brexit?

France Reaps Brexit Benefits as U.K. Investments Rise

Brexit Boost

France is already reaping some Brexit benefits with the number of British investment projects on French soil rising 33 percent in 2018. That means the U.K. made up 7 percent of all projects from foreign investors, according to Business France, which said that British companies accounted for a large share of investments in financial services. “It’s difficult to draw conclusions, but there is clearly a Brexit effect,” said Pascal Cagni, who heads the government agency that promotes French business.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-03/france-reaps-brexit-benefits-as-u-k-investments-rise-chart

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:54 PM, evadgib said:

Cos the GFA is still deemed to be holding.

It's holding at the moment, but is fragile. 

It largely depends on there being an open border between North and South. If we leave the EU without a deal, that border will close and the agreement will be broken.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:54 PM, evadgib said:

I hope it doesn't escalate, not least cos i'm still technically on HM reserve ????

Then you'd better hope that we and the EU come to some sort of deal which includes provision to keep the border open! May's deal, perhaps?

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:57 PM, yogi100 said:
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:05 PM, 7by7 said:

But as i asked you in my response, how is this the fault of the EU?

Because a lot of the scab workers are from the EU. When we leave we can stop 'em coming and if possible at some time in the future kick 'em out.

Scab workers? You obviously have no idea what that actually means!

EU workers are not taking the jobs of British workers who are on strike.

EU workers are applying for jobs which any British worker could, and often does, apply for and get.

Just as British workers in the other 27 do.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 5:00 PM, nontabury said:
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:30 PM, 7by7 said:

I know that your selfish callousness means you don't give a toss about the possible resumption of the violence; don't give a toss about the pain and suffering of the victims and their families. 

But all reasonable people with an ounce of decency, whether they be Remainer or Brexiteer, do.

Could it be the likes of you and similarly minded people, who may drive people to violence, as you are a supporter of ignoring the people’s Democratic vote.

It’s a fact that when you take away their Democracy,  how else can their rights be upheld

What has this got to do with the possible resumption of Republican violence if we leave without a deal and so the Irish border becomes hard, thus breaking the Good Friday Agreement.

Interesting, though, that the thought of holding another referendum in order to give the people the democratic choice which Parliament is incapable of making drives you to contemplate  violence!

16 hours ago, nontabury said:

Do you not realise, that if there is a Corbyn Government, all the credit will go to you and all the other remainers. When it does happen,I’m going to laugh my socks off.

3FC5E36F-1BF5-473C-8E98-6E4AD9ECAA2A.jpeg

Still waiting for the link to the 9-10% drop in the value of the euro on monday...was it a dream or due to your beer googles being worn upside down

On 4/1/2019 at 9:47 PM, Loiner said:

All the missing 8 or 9 or more billion has to come from somewhere. Who is going to cough up to the EU scroungers?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/europe/09/eu_budget_spending/img/graph_net_contrib_466x485.gif

Oh dear, more stuff Loiner doesn't understand. 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/assets-worth-1-trillion-to-shift-from-uk-to-eu-due-to-brexit-ey/articleshow/67427268.cms

8 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Maybe this explains Macron's hard line on extending Brexit?

France Reaps Brexit Benefits as U.K. Investments Rise

Brexit Boost

France is already reaping some Brexit benefits with the number of British investment projects on French soil rising 33 percent in 2018. That means the U.K. made up 7 percent of all projects from foreign investors, according to Business France, which said that British companies accounted for a large share of investments in financial services. “It’s difficult to draw conclusions, but there is clearly a Brexit effect,” said Pascal Cagni, who heads the government agency that promotes French business.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-03/france-reaps-brexit-benefits-as-u-k-investments-rise-chart

My pals who work at nissan reckon there could be a big annoucement today,most have long service and would be happy with the pay off,not so sure about the younger turkeys

Not interested in your Project Fear continuation from Jingly Times. How deep did you have to trawl for that?
The UK paid a net 8 or 9 billion pounds to the EU last year. When we exit No Deal that shortfall will have to be made up by other EU members, or maybe just Germany.
Fifteen of the nations are net EU charitable causes. Are they going to have their handouts cut?

34 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Not interested in your Project Fear continuation from Jingly Times. How deep did you have to trawl for that?
The UK paid a net 8 or 9 billion pounds to the EU last year. When we exit No Deal that shortfall will have to be made up by other EU members, or maybe just Germany.
Fifteen of the nations are net EU charitable causes. Are they going to have their handouts cut?

Germany the largest contributor to this charity, may need to rethink their policy.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/04/04/markets-latest-news-pound-euro-ftse-100german-factory-orders/

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

EU workers are applying for jobs which any British worker could, and often does, apply for and get.

In 2004 myself and four of my colleagues in London lost our livelihoods to Eastern European scab labour and we weren't even on strike nor had we ever considered going on strike! 

These scabs were simply willing to work for £30 a day and that was the end of us and our jobs and in a couple of cases the end of our working lives.

These same scabs did not give a toss about the Englishmen they'd put on the scrap heap in the capital city of what was once our country. That's how to define a scab when it comes to the workplace and it does not have to involve strike action.

We weren't even told why nor given any notice or warning. We only found out the full story later. So I think I know a bit more about scabs in this context than you do.

Our membership of the EU allowed them to come to the UK back then and that is still the case now. Anyone who can obtain an EU passport can come to the UK and they are doing just that.

As can the hordes of Muslims Merkel invited into Germany and by doing so on to the European continent and accordingly into the British Isles while we are members of the EU. By EU law we can't stop them. Nor therefore the accompanying threat of terrorism and child abuse that will possibly come with them.

Working men all over the UK have had the same experience or the threat of it. A pal of mine was a demolition worker on £120 a day. To keep his job he had to accept £70 a day because that's the money Eastern European scabs were more than willing to do his job for.

Obviously some of the blame must be laid at the door of employers and business people who value cheap labour and profits over loyalty to their fellow countrymen. But hopefully when and if we get out of the EU we will have to tackle that problem then.

But that's not progressing very well and is not likely to while we've got a fox running amok in the hen house.

EU referendum 2016: Theresa May the Remainer wants Brexit delayed

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

In 2004 myself and four of my colleagues in London lost our livelihoods to Eastern European scab labour and we weren't even on strike nor had we ever considered going on strike! 

These scabs were simply willing to work for £30 a day and that was the end of us and our jobs and in a couple of cases the end of our working lives.

These same scabs did not give a toss about the Englishmen they'd put on the scrap heap in the capital city of what was once our country. That's how to define a scab when it comes to the workplace and it does not have to involve strike action.

We weren't even told why nor given any notice or warning. We only found out the full story later. So I think I know a bit more about scabs in this context than you do.

Our membership of the EU allowed them to come to the UK back then and that is still the case now. Anyone who can obtain an EU passport can come to the UK and they are doing just that.

As can the hordes of Muslims Merkel invited into Germany and by doing so on to the European continent and accordingly into the British Isles while we are members of the EU. By EU law we can't stop them. Nor therefore the accompanying threat of terrorism and child abuse that will possibly come with them.

Working men all over the UK have had the same experience or the threat of it. A pal of mine was a demolition worker on £120 a day. To keep his job he had to accept £70 a day because that's the money Eastern European scabs were more than willing to do his job for.

Obviously some of the blame must be laid at the door of employers and business people who value cheap labour and profits over loyalty to their fellow countrymen. But hopefully when and if we get out of the EU we will have to tackle that problem then.

But that's not progressing very well and is not likely to while we've got a fox running amok in the hen house.

EU referendum 2016: Theresa May the Remainer wants Brexit delayed

Gis a job I can do that.

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I don't know if you read post 714 or not. I don't know if you understood the anger we felt towards the people who caused our misfortune and I don't for one minute think that you care. But that's no problem.

We were all manual workers, none of us went to university and we all left school at 15 or 16. None of worked in offices, had much in the way of academic qualifications nor did our employment at the time in question depend on a fluency in the English language.

Nor are we the sort of people who appear on Queston Time, other similar TV political discussion programs and on radio phone in stations. But we're still here even though the media has little or no interest in what we've got to say.

In other words we were typical of millions of other working people in the UK, 17.4 million of whom voted to leave the EU. Never mind these petition signers. And bear in mind the working class represent by for the largest percentage of the British population and are the very sort of people whose jobs these EU scabs are taking.

Having seen or heard what had happened to thousands of workers like us whether or not you pay it any heed how do you think our sons, daughters, colleagues, friends and relatives voted in 2016 and how do you think they'll do so in future if they have to.

Well said Sir

I don't know if you read post 714 or not. I don't know if you understood the anger we felt towards the people who caused our misfortune and I don't for one minute think that you care. But that's no problem.

We were all manual workers, none of us went to university and we all left school at 15 or 16. None of worked in offices, had much in the way of academic qualifications nor did our employment at the time in question depend on a fluency in the English language.

Nor are we the sort of people who appear on Queston Time, other similar TV political discussion programs and on radio phone in stations. But we're still here even though the media has little or no interest in what we've got to say.

In other words we were typical of millions of other working people in the UK, 17.4 million of whom voted to leave the EU. Never mind these petition signers. And bear in mind the working class represent by for the largest percentage of the British population and are the very sort of people whose jobs these EU scabs are taking.

Having seen or heard what had happened to thousands of workers like us whether or not you pay it any heed how do you think our sons, daughters, colleagues, friends and relatives voted in 2016 and how do you think they'll do so in future if they have to.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

It’s all slipping away, the Brexit dream is turning into a nightmare.

Your issues would have been dealt with had the little corporals of the ERG and the no surrender monkey DUP voted for May’s deal. It wasn’t perfect but it covered most of the issues raised by voters. 

A clear example of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

" may's deal "...with all the subservient strings attached.
Vassel state material..NO THANKS
Why do you go on about " no surrender " ???????

Your issues would have been dealt with had the little corporals of the ERG and the no surrender monkey DUP voted for May’s deal. It wasn’t perfect but it covered most of the issues raised by voters. 

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 3/22/2019 at 4:46 AM, Chelseafan said:

More than one million people have rushed to sign a petition on the British parliament's website calling for the government to revoke its divorce notice to the European Union and remain in the bloc.

So what happened to the other 15 million or so who voted to remain?

Don’t mention the 17.5 million we don’t exist!

10 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Issues such as the welfare and prosperity of the working man never has been and never will be a concern of any group of Tory MPs whose main priority is profit.

It's no longer ever a concern of Labour MPs whose main priority is ever more immigration and whose policies are the opposite of those it's supposed to have its roots in.

On 3/21/2019 at 9:46 PM, Chelseafan said:

More than one million people have rushed to sign a petition on the British parliament's website calling for the government to revoke its divorce notice to the European Union and remain in the bloc.

So what happened to the other 15 million or so who voted to remain?

"So what happened to the other 15 million or so who voted to remain?"

Most of 'em have since changed their minds and have now decided they want to leave the EU.

4 hours ago, Loiner said:
5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

the "Jingly Times" quoted REUTERS!

REUTERS

Jan 07, 2019, 11.29 PM IST

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/67427268.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

YES! their handouts will be cut.

13 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

"So what happened to the other 15 million or so who voted to remain?"

Most of 'em have since changed their minds and have now decided they want to leave the EU.

I don’t know as many of them as you do, but the people I know are interested to find out what’s the plan, but until then they’d rather stay as we are

54 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Issues such as the welfare and prosperity of the working man never has been and never will be a concern of any group of Tory MPs whose main priority is profit.

It's no longer ever a concern of Labour MPs whose main priority is ever more immigration and whose policies are the opposite of those it's supposed to have its roots in.

That will all change once we’re free of the socialists in Europe; the working man Will be fre  to work Sixty hours a week and go fox-hunting on a Sunday with Toff’s dogs.

Archived