Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

The bottle merchants are back

The UK security forces were well used to dealing with terror threats well before the rise of Islamic fundamentalism and terrorism; they'd been dealing with Irish terrorism for 30 years!

But they still couldn't stop every attack by Republican or Loyalist terrorists.

"Today we were unlucky, but remember we only have to be lucky once. You will have to be lucky always." These chilling words of the PIRA after the Brighton bombing are as relevant today as they were then. As the fact that despite the best efforts and many successes of the security services, some Islamic terror attacks still happen.

The PIRA haven't gone away. As the recent letter bombs they claimed responsibility for prove. Fortunately, these were discovered before they could do any damage.

If you think that they will simply stand by and see the Good Friday agreement ignored to please you Brexiteers and not restart their violence, then you are really are extremely naïve.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Economic Inactivity

How is any of that the fault of the EU?

How will any of that change after Brexit?

How are zero hours contracts the fault of the EU?

How will it change after Brexit?

These men, regardless of their nationality and many of those I've seen in places like Deptford speak perfect English with a South London accent so are probably British, are working illegally. So those that are EU nationals should not be here. These men are also a tiny fraction of the workforce.

But I have not said the situation is perfect; just that the myth of EU nationals stealing jobs from British workers is just that; mainly a myth. Unemployment is falling, despite the presence of EU workers.

No.

Do you have statistics for British nationals doing exactly the same in other EU countries? Remember that most British nationals in other EU countries are pensioners, therefore far more likely to require state healthcare than EU migrants in the UK, most of whom are of working age.

What I do know is that EU workers contribute far more in tax and NICs than they take out in benefits. They are also more of a benefit to the UK economy than a drain.

The effects of EU migration on Britain in 5 charts

Economic inactivity.

Department:
Department for Work and Pensions
Published:
21 September 2018
Last updated:
21 September 2018, see all updates
Source:
Annual Population Survey
Area covered:
England, Wales and Scotland
Time period:
2004 to 2017

The main facts and figures show that:

• in 2017, the total working age population (people aged 16 to 64 years) in England, Wales and Scotland was just under 40 million – of those, just over 34 million people were White, and nearly 6 million people were from all other ethnic groups combined
  • the main definition of economic inactivity is if a person is out of work and not looking for a job – in 2017, there were 8.6 million economically inactive people in England, with 6.9 million coming from White ethnic groups, and 1.7 million from all other ethnic groups combined
17 Feb 2010 - Eight million people 'economically inactive'. More than eight ... Unemployment figures mask UK labour market's grim reality. 

This is what's happening in the real world if you believe the government's figures. The true figure is probably nearer 10 million. If you want further information pull your finger out and look it up yourself or hire a secretary.

47 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Since 1967 2000 Irish people died as a result of domestic terrorist activity. It's unlikely they'll start that again over our leaving the EU but if they decide to kick off again that'll be their misfortune.

It was mainly pressure from the local people that brought an end to the violence rather than any action taken by security forces. The Irish people are no longer so naive as they were in those days and we'd all be naive to think that they are but if they don't want to make their own arrangement then that's up to them. 

If a few Irish head bangers want to raise Cain it will have no effect on the outcome of our leaving or remaining in the EU.

Those days were only 20 years ago! That's yesterday considering the 500 years plus history of violence between Irish rebels and the British. Remember Cromwell? Remember King Billy? (Look them up.) The Irish have long memories; they do.

Protestors from north and south join forces to demonstrate against a hard Irish border after Brexit

It was similar protests about civil rights which led to a resumption of the violence in the 1960s.

What if Brexit brings the violence back?  

The family despair at the possibility of customs posts reappearing along what is now an invisible frontier should the politicians in London and Brussels fail to find a solution to avoid a hard border in the Brexit negotiations. They are fearful about how the re-emergency of customs posts might bring a return of the kind of violent acts that might devastate families in future like it did theirs 46 years ago.

If you think that a resumption of the violence would be confined to the island of Ireland then you know nothing about this subject.

21 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Economic inactivity.

Department:
Department for Work and Pensions
Published:
21 September 2018
Last updated:
21 September 2018, see all updates
Source:
Annual Population Survey
Area covered:
England, Wales and Scotland
Time period:
2004 to 2017

The main facts and figures show that:

• in 2017, the total working age population (people aged 16 to 64 years) in England, Wales and Scotland was just under 40 million – of those, just over 34 million people were White, and nearly 6 million people were from all other ethnic groups combined
  • the main definition of economic inactivity is if a person is out of work and not looking for a job – in 2017, there were 8.6 million economically inactive people in England, with 6.9 million coming from White ethnic groups, and 1.7 million from all other ethnic groups combined
17 Feb 2010 - Eight million people 'economically inactive'. More than eight ... Unemployment figures mask UK labour market's grim reality. 

This is what's happening in the real world if you believe the government's figures. The true figure is probably nearer 10 million. If you want further information pull your finger out and look it up yourself or hire a secretary.

I did look it up myself, hence the link in my reply to your original post on this subject.

As all you have done is repeat that post, I refer you to that reply and that link.

If it's too complicated for you to comprehend, hire someone to explain it.

But as i asked you in my response, how is this the fault of the EU?

How will any of it change after Brexit?

As usual, you have ignored the questions.

57 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

What, like the EU girls of Rochdale, Newcastle, Telford, Huddersfield and Rotherham who were victims of the rape gangs.

Are they the EU girls you mean. 

How was that the fault of the EU?

And what about the multitudinous child rapes committed in Catholic and Anglican children's homes going back decades?

You and Yaxley-Lennon never mention, let alone show any outrage about, them. Why is that?

14 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Those days were only 20 years ago! That's yesterday considering the 500 years plus history of violence between Irish rebels and the British. Remember Cromwell? Remember King Billy? (Look them up.) The Irish have long memories; they do.

Protestors from north and south join forces to demonstrate against a hard Irish border after Brexit

It was similar protests about civil rights which led to a resumption of the violence in the 1960s.

What if Brexit brings the violence back?  

If you think that a resumption of the violence would be confined to the island of Ireland then you know nothing about this subject.

If you think those of us who want out of the EU are going to worry about a handful of Irish extremists then you know nothing about this subject.

It'll probably give us further inspiration to leave. And I've spent a lot of time when I was younger in Belfast and the religious tribalism that passes for their politics impressed me about as much then as it does now.

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Friends? Well, not now he's dead! Her Majesty does have to shake hands with some really unsavoury people in her official duties, but I doubt she'd have invited him round for tea otherwise. He was the PIRA chief when they murdered her 'Uncle' Louis!

The UK security forces were well used to dealing with terror threats well before the rise of Islamic fundamentalism and terrorism; they'd been dealing with Irish terrorism for 30 years!

But they still couldn't stop every attack by Republican or Loyalist terrorists.

"Today we were unlucky, but remember we only have to be lucky once. You will have to be lucky always." These chilling words of the PIRA after the Brighton bombing are as relevant today as they were then. As the fact that despite the best efforts and many successes of the security services, some Islamic terror attacks still happen.

The PIRA haven't gone away. As the recent letter bombs they claimed responsibility for prove. Fortunately, these were discovered before they could do any damage.

If you think that they will simply stand by and see the Good Friday agreement ignored to please you Brexiteers and not restart their violence, then you are really are extremely naïve.

The RoE changed in 2001. If they kick off again they can expect a Brimstone down the chimney quicker than Father Christmas & It'll be fired by an operator in mainland UK. Fear of NORAID prevented this in the past but there is no such fear now, indeed Trump will actively support it.

(That's a simplified answer. I could elaborate further but you get my drift)

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

If you think those of us who want out of the EU are going to worry about a handful of Irish extremists then you know nothing about this subject.

It'll probably give us further inspiration to leave. And I've spent a lot of time when I was younger in Belfast and the religious tribalism that passes for their politics impressed me about as much then as it does now.

I know that your selfish callousness means you don't give a toss about the possible resumption of the violence; don't give a toss about the pain and suffering of the victims and their families. 

But all reasonable people with an ounce of decency, whether they be Remainer or Brexiteer, do.

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The RoE changed in 2001. If they kick off again they can expect a Brimstone down the chimney quicker than Father Christmas & It'll be fired by an operator in mainland UK. Fear of NORAID prevented this in the past but there is no such fear now, indeed Trump will actively support it.

(That's a simplified answer. I could elaborate further but you get my drift)

Brimstone maybe accurate, but not 100% accurate.

If we launch indiscriminate attacks against suspected Republican terrorists, even if no innocent civilians are killed or injured, that will only increase the support for the terrorists.

Remember Bloody Sunday? 47 years ago and it still hasn't gone away!

The security forces are successful in preventing terrorist attacks, but not 100%. This is why the Islamic terrorists have had their successes.

As have dissident republicans in Northern Ireland. From 20th January 2019: Londonderry: Bomb explodes in car outside courthouse

Why haven't they or any of the Islamic terrorists received a "Brimstone down the chimney quicker than Father Christmas?"

6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Brimstone maybe accurate, but not 100% accurate.

If we launch indiscriminate attacks against suspected Republican terrorists, even if no innocent civilians are killed or injured, that will only increase the support for the terrorists.

Remember Bloody Sunday? 47 years ago and it still hasn't gone away!

The security forces are successful in preventing terrorist attacks, but not 100%. This is why the Islamic terrorists have had their successes.

As have dissident republicans in Northern Ireland. From 20th January 2019: Londonderry: Bomb explodes in car outside courthouse

Why haven't they or any of the Islamic terrorists received a "Brimstone down the chimney quicker than Father Christmas?"

Cos the GFA is still deemed to be holding.

I hope it doesn't escalate, not least cos i'm still technically on HM reserve ????

50 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I did look it up myself, hence the link in my reply to your original post on this subject.

As all you have done is repeat that post, I refer you to that reply and that link.

If it's too complicated for you to comprehend, hire someone to explain it.

But as i asked you in my response, how is this the fault of the EU?

How will any of it change after Brexit?

As usual, you have ignored the questions.

Because a lot of the scab workers are from the EU. When we leave we can stop 'em coming and if possible at some time in the future kick 'em out.

19 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I know that your selfish callousness means you don't give a toss about the possible resumption of the violence; don't give a toss about the pain and suffering of the victims and their families. 

But all reasonable people with an ounce of decency, whether they be Remainer or Brexiteer, do.

Could it be the likes of you and similarly minded people, who may drive people to violence, as you are a supporter of ignoring the people’s Democratic vote.

It’s a fact that when you take away their Democracy,  how else can their rights be upheld.

3AF429C8-FC2F-4C56-9306-352E9A3DF9E6.jpeg

30 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

No they don't. Most of them don't even know the difference between the IRA and the UDA nor are they interested.

They just don't want any more bombings in England unless it's the politicians who are being targeted. In which case most of us would wish 'em the best of luck.

Ah - remember that £350 million a week we were going to give to the NHS ?

I’m afraid the EU is still taking all that money and squandering it. That’s 8 or 9 billion per year you know. That figure would only increase if we were to Remain.
The NHS costs around 110 billion per year, so your figure would not help so much and will not all go to the NHS anyway.

And when we LEAVE..I'd be delighted to hand out the " waiting tickets " and do my steward bit..making sure that all the subsidy junky eu countries reps stood in an orderly queue at the Germany ATM machine[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yes but the EU economy is getting even smaller ,in fact we are doing better than they are ,that is why they want our money .

5 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes but the EU economy is getting even smaller ,in fact we are doing better than they are ,that is why they want our money .

They need us more than we need them?

Of course they do ... that's why they gave us everything we wanted ... the delusion never ends.

You are very much wrong..they need our MONEY..all of a sudden..their cash flow is gonna take a big hit..the eu subsidy junkie member countries will find their " broo " money cut..austerity and all that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

They need us more than we need them?

Of course they do ... that's why they gave us everything we wanted ... the delusion never ends.

You are very much wrong..they need our MONEY..all of a sudden..their cash flow is gonna take a big hit..the eu subsidy junkie member countries will find their " broo " money cut..austerity and all that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

All the missing 8 or 9 or more billion has to come from somewhere. Who is going to cough up to the EU scroungers?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/europe/09/eu_budget_spending/img/graph_net_contrib_466x485.gif

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

All the missing 8 or 9 or more billion has to come from somewhere. Who is going to cough up to the EU scroungers?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/europe/09/eu_budget_spending/img/graph_net_contrib_466x485.gif

8-9 billion amongst 27 wont be too much problem,100s of thousands of jobs coming their way will generate extra tax revenue to more than offset it 

The debate is on, the E Petition, the one triggered because the petition exceeded 100,000 signituries.

Parliament will debate this petition

Parliament will debate this petition on 1 April 2019.

You'll be able to watch online on the UK Parliament YouTube channel.

Though one already knows the Government will take no notice even though it has exceeded 100,000, 60 times.

held out of sight in Westminster Hall.

In the meantime the Indicative vote goes on in the main chamber, as protests try bringing proceeding to a halt,  who were they who stripped and glued themselves to the security screens, Brexiteers? Remainers? no climate change protester.

Climate protesters try to disrupt debate

More on the unusual intervention in the Brexit debate.

A dozen or so climate change protesters wearing just thongs and with slogans painted on their backs have invaded the public gallery in the Commons, says the BBC's Chris Mason.

Labour MP Stephen Doughty refers to the disturbance in the chamber as Commons Speaker John Bercow urges MPs to continue with their business.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-47772688

8-9 billion amongst 27 wont be too much problem,100s of thousands of jobs coming their way will generate extra tax revenue to more than offset it 

IMG_0150.GIF
There’s only about ten of them who are net contributors and most of those only marginal. The rest are EU freeloaders. Will Portugal pick up the tab, as last year it was the fourth biggest scrounger at 2.5 billion? It’s the EU equivalent of your spoonies drinkers, no wonder you like it there.

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

IMG_0150.GIF
There’s only about ten of them who are net contributors and most of those only marginal. The rest are EU freeloaders. Will Portugal pick up the tab, as last year it was the fourth biggest scrounger at 2.5 billion? It’s the EU equivalent of your spoonies drinkers, no wonder you like it there.

great nice to see some UK cash going to good use,will keep a few extra lazy scroungers out of spoonies

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

IMG_0150.GIF

7-8 Billion are Peanuts.

Total Public Spending in the United Kingdom
Central Government and Local Authority Fiscal Year 2019 

Public Pensions   £166 billion 

National Health Care   + £152 billion 

State Education   + £88 billion 

Defence   + £48 billion 

Social Security   + £115 billion 

State Protection   + £32 billion 

Transport   + £31 billion 

General Government   + £16 billion 

Other Public Services   + £115 billion 

Public Sector Interest   + £54 Billion 

Total Spending   = £818 billion

https://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/breakdown_2019UKbt_17bc5n

The EU contribution of the UK is not even 1% of UK government spendings.
The positive income effects of EU membership for the UK are much higher than the cost of Membership.

The costs of Brexit so far are already estimated at over 60 billion, excluding exchange rate effects.

https://costofbrexit.netlify.com/

That's equivalent to 7.5 times the UK's annual contribution to the EU Pot.
Brexit is absolute nonsense from the economic point of view.
But I know. that many are not interested in numbers or do not want to accept the numbers.
The UK government denies the people here the clear indication of costs and Benefits.

9 hours ago, Loiner said:

IMG_0150.GIF

nobody has to pick up any tab and nobody has to cough up any amount. lower net proceeds means lower distributions. as simple as that!

:coffee1:

19 minutes ago, Naam said:

nobody has to pick up any tab and nobody has to cough up any amount. lower net proceeds means lower distributions. as simple as that!

:coffee1:

Anyone else picked up on this? Found on a local paper page this morning. "Can anyone confirm the following -- Why is the news outlets in the UK not broadcasting what happened yesterday in the EU? Germany is selling off Euro bonds at minus 5%, that means anyone buying them is paying 5% more than they are worth. Reported at over a billion Euros of bonds. This is to support the Euro which at midday went into free fall across the world. Recession is hitting Germany and France and the World Bank is reporting that Euro debt in 19 member states is out of control with the strong possibility that it will go into default. The £ went up 11 cents in minutes with traders dumping Euros in favour of Sterling. The investors in the industrial backbone of Europe have began selling off shares causing the European Central Bank to intervene. Reports state that this has got nothing to do with BREXIT but has been the result of poor government management by Brussels, corruption and over inflated production. If this continues across Euro member states, which is predicted highly likely, then the collapse of the EU is inevitable."

Archived