Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

7 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

I'm not buying that there's 1 million signature's to remain in the EU. I guess if you put it up for a vote until you get what you want ya its possible to remain. But its already been voted to LEAVE! Hell, I'm American and I know the UK is better off determining there own fate and not the dreams of the EU commissars! There's going to be big problems if the vote of the people isn't carried out! Let Brexit Commence

You're American? Whoopy Doo! But you're right, there is not 1 million signatures. As you were typing it was actually 4 million.

8 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

I'm not buying that there's 1 million signature's to remain in the EU. I guess if you put it up for a vote until you get what you want ya its possible to remain. But its already been voted to LEAVE! Hell, I'm American and I know the UK is better off determining there own fate and not the dreams of the EU commissars! There's going to be big problems if the vote of the people isn't carried out! Let Brexit Commence

I hardly see how you Americans can advise us Brits on Democracy when more people in the US voted for Hillary and you end up with...

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Doesn't stop the validity of her petition nor it's popularity.

The very nature of the anonymous nature of the aforementioned petition and it's lack of oversight and control renders it's validity quite worthless.

As for popularity, Thaksin always had way, way more followers on FB than Abhisit ever had and that got him exactly what now?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

You're American? Whoopy Doo! But you're right, there is not 1 million signatures. As you were typing it was actually 4 million.

So is Chomper yet he claimed to have addressed significant numbers of the British electorate in an official capacity(?)

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, evadgib said:

So is Chomper yet he claimed to have addressed significant numbers of the British electorate in an official capacity(?)

I made no such claim.

I stated that during the last election I took part in the election campaign(s) and had face to face discussions with hundreds of people.

I made that statement at the time of the last election and again recently.

Some people actively participate in the political process others restrict themselves to using their one handed typing skills.

From each or according to his means.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

4.8 million signatures and how many are eligible to vote  no one knows maybe 25% compared to 17.4 million eligible  voters

You seem to miss the point.

Only 100,000 are required to place the  petition before Parliament.

4,800,000 is considerably greater than 100,000 and backed up by a 1,000,000 or so protesting Remain supporters.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

11 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Every EU member state has the right to determine it's own future; the right to leave the union if it wishes; the right to remain if it wishes. 

Crucially, in law we also have the right to change our minds before the decision becomes irrevocable. 

The same cannot be said of your union.

The USA forcibly annexed Hawaii in 1898. In 1993 your congress apologised for that act and declared it illegal.

Yet despite acknowledging that annexation is illegal, despite overwhelming support for independence of one sort or another amongst native Hawaiians, your government refuses to grant independence or sovereignty in any way shape or form. It even refuses to grant native Hawaiians the same land rights granted to other indigenous populations in the rest of the USA.

So I suggest that you put your own house in order before lecturing us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You seem to miss the point.

Only 100,000 are required to place the  petition before Parliament.

4,800,000 is considerably greater than 100,000 and backed up by a 1,000,000 or so protesting Remain supporters.

and everyone knows that the petition site is open to fraud and abuse unless they implement some sort if unique validation process such as national insurance numbers

As to the  1,000,000 reamin supporters it seems the only organization that is quoting that number are the organizers of the march

Lets not Forget who was the King of Spin Alastair Campbell

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

and everyone knows that the petition site is open to fraud and abuse unless they implement some sort if unique validation process such as national insurance numbers

As to the  1,000,000 reamin supporters it seems the only organization that is quoting that number are the organizers of the march

Lets not Forget who was the King of Spin Alastair Campbell

6E077B8E-8801-4B33-B800-C9EBB089C6A4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

True, Remainers say the referendum was close less than 2%  yet Brexiteers say 17.4 Million.

Now 3 year on the government can not deliver, Brexiteers say "Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019" Remainers say "Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU" 

Well the two petitions are a clear indicator that public opinion has changed dramatically.

As of 08:15 on Sunday 24th March 2019...

"Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019"               502,447 signatures

"Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU"                    4,832,202 signatures

And if you do not believe them figures I can post pictures of the Leave and the Remain marches. ???? 

I'm not doubting your figures and I don't want to see your pictures. 

What I am saying is that Remainers have got onto these ThaiVisa forums and stated categorically that the referendum result is not binding but only advisory.  Now they are behaving like these petitions are binding on the Government when really they only have to be debated.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

As shown by, for example, the fact that as I type the current remain petition has received over 4.8 million signatures in 5 weeks whilst the best any leave petition has ever mustered is the current one which in 5 months has received just over 500,000.

I thought it was launched Thursday evening...

Possibly there is a procedure for getting a petition vetted, and past the approval committee then on line which will take a few weeks.

I think this was shear luck that it got the media coverage when it crashed the server, but even to get it to that stage I think there must have been half a million signatories, the hot beds of initial support came from the Cambridge and Oxford areas so I was wondering if it was promoted by the Students Union.   

On 3/22/2019 at 2:52 PM, Spidey said:

You don't believe anything that I tell you. More fool you. 555

BTW. I was only joking, I have only voted once.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Highly likely 95%. I know because I cast most of the votes and I'm eligible to vote. 

In your own words don't believe anything that I tell you 

1 minute ago, newatthis said:

I'm not doubting your figures and I don't want to see your pictures. 

What I am saying is that Remainers have got onto these ThaiVisa forums and stated categorically that the referendum result is not binding but only advisory.  Now they are behaving like these petitions are binding on the Government when really they only have to be debated.

No it is not binding on the government but every MP's can see how many of their constituents have signed the petition.

Many are worried... 

16 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Highly Unlikely maybe 25% at best but as I stated no one knows

Maybe it's 100%' your guess is as good as mine!

9 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I refer you yet again to the reply I gave last time you made this point, repeated above for @NanLaew's benefit.

Especially the fact that none of these objections were raise by any Brexiteer here last year when they were bragging about the 100,000 plus signatures various pro Brexit petitions had received!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I repeat: none of these objections were raise by any Brexiteer here last year when they were bragging about the 100,000 plus signatures various pro Brexit petitions had received!

Typical Brexiteer double standards?

What "petitions" are you talking about ?

Or are you just deflecting from this current issue and making things up ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I thought it was launched Thursday evening...

Possibly there is a procedure for getting a petition vetted, and past the approval committee then on line which will take a few weeks.

I think this was shear luck that it got the media coverage when it crashed the server, but even to get it to that stage I think there must have been half a million signatories, the hot beds of initial support came from the Cambridge and Oxford areas so I was wondering if it was promoted by the Students Union.   

petition was launched on 20 February 2019 all petitions run for a period of 6 months this one will expired on 20th August 2019

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What "petitions" are you talking about ?

Or are you just deflecting from this current issue and making things up ?

Deflecting from this petition as it approaches 5,000,000 signatures.

I’m sure there are attempts at deflection, but not from Remain supporters.

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Maybe it's 100%' your guess is as good as mine!

I refer you yet again to the reply I gave last time you made this point, repeated above for @NanLaew's benefit.

Especially the fact that none of these objections were raise by any Brexiteer here last year when they were bragging about the 100,000 plus signatures various pro Brexit petitions had received!

And I refer you again to my answer and everyone knows that the petition site is open to fraud and abuse unless they implement some sort if unique validation process such as national insurance numbers

I am not aware of any Brexiteer here openly bragging that the petition site is open to fraud and abuse and that they have submitted multiple submissions using different email address where remainers on this forum have openly admitted they have submitted multiple submissions using different email address