TM30 required when staying in family home?

My wife is reading Facebook posts saying farang visiting and staying with family in Thailand have to register otherwise a fine Is issued? 

So we go to our Thai home next week for a month. For the past 10 years this has never been an issue, if it’s now required, what’s the simplest way of doing it? 

6 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

Reporting is easy. Download a TM 30 form and complete it. Send it to Immigration with a self addressed return envelope. They will return the receipt to the address on the envelope.

Good suggestion for people who live far away from Immigration office!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have to file and the wife and I have a Yellow House Registration Book, we travel quite a bit and I would think that the people at the local immigration office would get tired of us bothering them time after time. But we are here full time and when we have gone in for our 90 day report they have asked about it before.

16 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

I know for a fact the Thai family I stay with in a village in Isaan never bother to report my presence.  My friend's brother is the deputy headman and just laughs whenever the topic is raised

I don't think the village headmen are interested, it's pretty much only Immigration Officers who are interested from what I have seen. I'm not sure that it can even be reported to the village officers.

2 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

I don't think the village headmen are interested, it's pretty much only Immigration Officers who are interested from what I have seen. I'm not sure that it can even be reported to the village officers.

I wasn't reporting TO him; I was expecting as the house's owner to report me TO Immigration

Had to fill one out when I arrived at my Wife's condo in 2016, and again for my first extension because we moved into our own townhouse. I keep that last TM30 receipt for our townhouse stapled in my passport, and a scanned copy on my computer. Other than that they don't seem to care much about it, and haven't requested a new one. Traveled many times within Thailand, but my wife and I check in under her name only, never had to worry about a TM30 in that situation, which probably made the hotels happy (never been asked for my name or passport).

• Thanks 2

Until two years ago we hadn't submitted, however following a request to visit the headman and finding an IO in attendance all the foreigners in the village (5) were told we had to register. By all accounts the headman got a bit of a rollicking as well. We are only 5km from the Immigration office so an easy target especially as there are a good number of foreigners passing through and staying over. It is a pain in the butt because I to and fro at least twice a month and have to go through the same rigmarole on returning to Pattaya. 

6 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Reporting is easy. Download a TM 30 form and complete it. Send it to Immigration with a self addressed return envelope. They will return the receipt to the address on the envelope.

Be very surprised if that works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What immigration office allows this?
Never heard of TM30by post/mail “in Chiang Mai”
If o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in my own condo, that I own and have a Chanote for.

Do I need to report myself to immigration?
Yepp, You state yourself as both be person that are submitting THE report, on top, and alien staying in the condo, in the middle of the TM30 form.

Done it myself in Pattaya immigration. I hade THE house Book with me too.

Skickat från min Lenovo TB-X704F via Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

We have to file and the wife and I have a Yellow House Registration Book, we travel quite a bit and I would think that the people at the local immigration office would get tired of us bothering them time after time. But we are here full time and when we have gone in for our 90 day report they have asked about it before.

Depends on the office, the one I use says no need for new TM30 if you return to the same address. My TM30 is from 2014 and I have done several extensions since then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

I live in my own condo, that I own and have a Chanote for.

Do I need to report myself to immigration?

It depends on your local office. But as the owner, it is possible for you to report yourself.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Perhaps if staying in Bangkok. 

As far as I know they are the only office that accepts them by mail.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Maybe UbonJoe will be along, he'll know.

Some offices allow postal TM30 reports providing your just reporting a return to the same address.

My office even sign up individuals to the online reporting system if their frequently in/out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

I know for a fact the Thai family I stay with in a village in Isaan never bother to report my presence.  My friend's brother is the deputy headman and just laughs whenever the topic is raised

They laugh because they are not Farang, but one day you will get caught, and who's to blame then?

21 minutes ago, Mukdahanman said:

A report is due every time you spend the night somewhere different than your registered address with Marriage Extension in Mukdahan, but can do it online - easy as pie

Thanks for the reply, I,m just visiting on a tourist visa, do you have the link to the online form? 

11 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

I am quite sure immigration view is somewhat different if a farang is liable to report rather than a Thai.

Edited by fisherd3
Spelling

6 hours ago, GordonP said:

Until two years ago we hadn't submitted, however following a request to visit the headman and finding an IO in attendance all the foreigners in the village (5) were told we had to register. By all accounts the headman got a bit of a rollicking as well. We are only 5km from the Immigration office so an easy target especially as there are a good number of foreigners passing through and staying over. It is a pain in the butt because I to and fro at least twice a month and have to go through the same rigmarole on returning to Pattaya. 

Jomtian IO told me no need to report when returning home from travel within Thailand.

• Like 1