Big Joke: Promises easier, faster and more "watertight" Immigration rules

webfact

10 minutes ago, rabas said:

Yes but, be wary - this is a very short summary of a meeting (?) by an anonymous Chan 7 news writer. AND, Immigration has already just now announced the new retirement and marriage deposit rules. 800k/6mo and 400h/6mo. So I would wait for real rules to be published before I get divorced. He my well be talking about the existing new rules and the reporter garbled it.

"the reporter garbled it" - wow, that would be something new, wouldn't it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Can you provide the source of this announcement?

Don't have the kink now but it was discussed extensively in one or two threads here a few weeks ago and I have seen the rules in writing. They were more detailed like retirement 800k 3 months before, 800k 3 months after, then 400k for next 6 months. I think you can get these rules already at TM, I will look and get back. This is old news.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, PREM-R said:

The Thai Visa member who posts as 'Love Thailande Lite' got into a spat with Ubon Joe a few days ago regarding just such a proposal.  LTL said that a new 'law' would be announced on 22nd April (I think that was the date he stated),Joe suggested that he felt there was no change in the works.... and now this.  Maybe LTL was right, I hope not.

There is a whole raft of measures coming and particularly for those attempting to live here on tourist visas/visa exempt entry's. People simply don't want to believe it. Why do you think the London Thai Embassy has held off on implementing the new online visa application system until May?  BJ only needs to come up with the measures of stopping what is portrayed on social media on a daily basis, as ways too circumvent the immigration system. That is his job. The Malaysian bond style system has been spoken about at length at committee meetings for the last 18 months. That is very likely to come in to effect over the next 5 years but most likely in stages. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rabas said:

ND, Immigration has already just now announced the new retirement and marriage deposit rules. 800k/6mo and 400h/6mo.

So where did this come from or see it? Like I was thinking for the 400k. Seems only natural they would do it this way

31 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Where did you get those figures from? They are certainly not in any police order I have seen on TVF.

Just read your reply to another poster. You are specifically referring to retirement extensions yet your post implies changes to marriage extensions which hasn't happened. 400k in the bank for marriage extension has not changed.

Yes, but it is an announcement about very near future intended changes, so what is the difference ?

Edited by freedomnow
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1