World Class Pattaya's "lovely new" beach missing just one thing - tourists!

webfact

2 minutes ago, miamiman123 said:

Should have forgot about improving the beach....the issue and it’s the main issue is the economy ie, the strong baht which is being manipulated by the BOT, and take a look at exports... can’t sell that rice with the strong baht, but you can buy a nice red Ferrari from the USA rather cheaply and those vacations and tuition bills are great now. 

Yeah the chickens have come home to roost just like 1990 all over again. Turn those lights on in those condos on Asoke to sell em!

ha! 

Its sad what has been done to the people here. 

Main Issue is the economy  ??????

• Like 1

The reporter said there looked to be not many tourists - though he put that down to the economy and the time of the year. 

Or maybe they took one look at the state of the water lapping the new beach and did a runner.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, petermik said:

I was down there yesterday....as most afternoons having a "stroll" and I observed,my guess somefolks from City Hall vermin control,handing out metal cage traps to the lounger owners to put down for the hoards of rats that thrive there....."world class" hardly :whistling:

Teaching the vendors how snare a few new customers?

Perhaps they should offer those 20 countries with Free Visa On Arrival free transportation to the beach, free deck chairs, and free vouchers for free stuff.  Why not.

Then to offset those costs, charge all farangs, especially those who are not on the Free Visa On Arrival list 10x the price for transportation, for deck chairs, and vouchers to enter the National Parks at only 5 times the price of a Thai.  Sounds like a plan 'eh? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sewer of pattaya goes to that beach. actually it was found unhealtััy some years ago if i dont remember wrong.

also all those tourist boats and shit plus ladyboys and street hookers and drunkards. no way i swรm there or bring my family there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Because BJ and his gang are chasing all the foreigners out, going from hotel to hotel and Soi. While the "bad guys" Russian mafia go untouched. Foreigners don't fear the polluted water like they fear BJ's immigration gang.

Not sure that is quite correct. BJ seems to be targeting visa overstays, criminals, fraudsters and drug dealers. BJ and his mob are also doing what the UK should be doing, racial profiling. I don't have a problem with any of that.    

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, biggles45 said:

" Vietnam has apparently become the place to go to, offering what Thailand used to"

GF and I just spent two weeks in Nha Trang, southern Vietnam. What a great beach resort town. No boats or vendors we saw on the 5km long beach. A beautiful treed park runs almost the length of it, free gym equipment and plenty of toilets. The whole town is packed with Russians, refugees from Jomtien I think, and happy to have moved. ,! 

blondes?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

I spend 4 months in Thailand, mostly Pattaya, every year. More and more I am concerned about the air pollution, the dangers of walking anywhere ,the rising prices,the number of Indian and Chinese wandering around in big groups , and of course ,the beautiful beach that you look at but can never touch the water. But do not smoke on the beach , or use a vapor device anywhere . This morning I open my window in Dublin to a lovely spring day and the fresh air hits me so sweetly as I breath it in. I am only a week back from Pattaya , and I know I will go again soon , but now ,right now, I am saying why ? 

last time I was questioned by immigration on arrival , a lot of stamps on my passport but never entered illegally or overstayed. I felt that they thought they were doing me a favour letting me in to the country again to spend my money,and I do spend , unlike our Chinese friends. The reality is they should have a welcome sign out , but ... TIT ... yeah ? 

That's why I don't live in Pattaya, but out in the country about 60km away from the dump. No pollution problem here at all. 

Immigration  are certainly cracking down, mainly on the younger folk, who come here and work illegally, mainly in the digital world, or those that are in effect living part time in LOS on the wrong visa. It won't really impact genuine tourists, although its much better to get a one year METV if you intend to visit more than once in any 12 months.  My mate visits us here once every 18 months or so and he uses visa exempt without any problem as he clearly is a tourist.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Not sure that is quite correct. BJ seems to be targeting visa overstays, criminals, fraudsters and drug dealers. BJ and his mob are also doing what the UK should be doing, racial profiling. I don't have a problem with any of that.    

Agreed, more nations should be profiling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, biggles45 said:

" Vietnam has apparently become the place to go to, offering what Thailand used to"

GF and I just spent two weeks in Nha Trang, southern Vietnam. What a great beach resort town. No boats or vendors we saw on the 5km long beach. A beautiful treed park runs almost the length of it, free gym equipment and plenty of toilets. The whole town is packed with Russians, refugees from Jomtien I think, and happy to have moved. ,! 

I experienced the same in Da Nang.  My Thai GF and I heading back soon as well.  Many parts of Vietnam show off the same qualities that have disappeared from Thailand.