Carnage on the Thai roads: Just another manic Monday.....and Tuesday

webfact

Carnage on the Thai roads: Just another manic Monday.....and Tuesday

news_QaPmkGfgmq220012_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported the latest death toll on the Thai roads as 56 on Monday and 59 on Tuesday. 

They cautioned that these were just deaths at the scene of accidents and the toll would likely rise when those who succumbed in hospital were added. 

This brought the confirmed death toll on the Thai roads - considered some of the most dangerous in the world - to 4,017 since the start of the year. 

This month stands at 115 after just two days. 

news_poDBHLhbtf083305_533.jpg?v=20190403

In the latest accidents shown on their site they showed a Toyota Fortuner that had hit a roadside pipe on the Kanchanaburi to Makam Tia Road in Muang district. The driver was killed and was thought to have fallen asleep at the wheel. 

In a CCTV clip a white pick-up was seen cutting in front of another pick-up that subsequently veered into cars waiting at a U-turn. Many vehicles were reportedly damaged. 

It was not reported where this was. 

Daily News report the damning stats every day in a campaign to raise awareness and warn drivers of the hazards of getting behind the wheel in Thailand. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-03

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I don’t see any white pickups slamming into other vehicles. Silver pickup? Yes. Thai reporting on par with driving skills

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks for picking up on the most important part. It's unforgivable to get colors wrong.

Rooster

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Thailand and the UK have similar populations. The annual road death toll in the UK averages out at about 5 per day.

Don't tell it to a Thai! The answer would be: that explains the Brexit you amateurs.

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Thailand and the UK have similar populations. The annual road death toll in the UK averages out at about 5 per day.

Just goes to show, Thailand has the best, of the best,  of the best. 

acd671da80ebe5fa2e5d42ec3c8f6a2f.jpg

Ps Hope they catch all the vappers and over stayers real quick.

Edited by stanleycoin

I have just got a drivers licence after driving here without for 27 years.

Only reason was that got caught without licence at a road block in Trat province,

The mandatory 1 hour video session that I sat through showed no blood, carnage etc, from speeding, ,sleeping at the wheel, not paying attention etc that happens here everyday.

BUT, it should.

Unfortunately most of the cause of accidents is because of lack of general education, ie: cause & effect.

Mufti cops on the road is the only way but they will not do due to so called"budget " restraints

Stupid

just getting into practice for the songkran main event. but in all seriousness, at some point this mai pen rai attitude has to stop, when is someone going to stand up and demand that the powers that be actually do something to stop this completely unnecessary carnage? ok ok, i know the answer already.

If often makes me think why this is news.

You could recycle the same images day after day.

On any given day on the Ch3 news you will see CCTV or dashcam of some horrendous accident, then the pixelated footage of some dead person lying at the scene of the crash.

Doesn't seem to have any deterrent effect, so if that doesn't what will? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

just getting into practice for the songkran main event. but in all seriousness, at some point this mai pen rai attitude has to stop, when is someone going to stand up and demand that the powers that be actually do something to stop this completely unnecessary carnage? ok ok, i know the answer already.

Someone with S44 power could have made a better legacy by attacking this road carnage, thus making him well regarded for decades, sad that he chose the typical Thai path (me-first).