No more tax!

It's quite clear from Brexit that parliamentary democracy is a spent force and people will want to make every decision for themselves.

Technology could support several referenda every night, supported by broadcast or social media.

Think of the advertising revenues!  They would far surpass the pittance that is available from income tax.

PPV (Pay Per Vote) - or just work the same way facebook does, with invisible support from unseen forces.

I predict that within 15 years there will be no more income tax.

SC

8 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

But in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes. ..

regards worgeordie

Soviet politics from the past tells us that death is neither certain nor inevitable, though generally retrospective.

The future may not be like the past, and taxes may not be inevitable.  Or they may be misnamed, misunderstood, and secretively and inequitably levied.

Back in the day, the BBC was funded by licensing fees levied on the consumer, while ITV was funded by advertising fees levied on advertisers, who recovered the money from consumers.

3 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Back in the day, the BBC was funded by licensing fees levied on the consumer, while ITV was funded by advertising fees levied on advertisers, who recovered the money from consumers.

Has anything changed ?, it's a long time since I was back in the UK,

I read they were going to stop free licenses (some of BBC income)  

for over 80's, and ITV still has adverts which is their income stream.

wishful thinking that there will be no income tax,they will always

find ways to squeeze money out of you,they only people not paying

their share are the very wealthy........bastards 

regards worgeordie

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Has anything changed ?, it's a long time since I was back in the UK,

I read they were going to stop free licenses (some of BBC income)  

for over 80's, and ITV still has adverts which is their income stream.

wishful thinking that there will be no income tax,they will always

find ways to squeeze money out of you,they only people not paying

their share are the very wealthy........bastards 

regards worgeordie

In the future, the advertising revenues on TV will obviate the need for tax, once policy is devolved from parliament to the Couch Potato.

1 minute ago, StreetCowboy said:

In the future, the advertising revenues on TV will obviate the need for tax, once policy is devolved from parliament to the Couch Potato.

OK, looking forward to it

regards worgeordie

Personally, I like to know what I am paying for, and who is paying for the information I receive.

One of the challenges of the modern world is that we are asked to make decisions on things we have no experience.  I have never exported manufactured goods to the EU, or anywhere else.  I have never spoken to M. Barnier.  I am told that  exporting will be easy post Brexit.  I am told M Barnier is a villain.

Luckily, in the post-Brexit, post-Parliament world, the information on these topics will come from the parties with the most to gain, and market economies will ensure prosperity and growth.