Friends in Thailand

SoonOh

6 hours ago, Pravda said:

My wife doesn't allow me any friends and if she sees me chatting with a woman she cuts my allowance.

good job that's all she cuts.  be afraid, be very afraid. 

• Haha 2

I was close to get a friend 5 years ago.

A compatriot came in my favorite pub and asked for me (knew my real Nick Name) so the Landlord pointed towards me sitting at the table having dinner.

The guy went over, took a chair and introduced himself (with a pretty harsh mouth)

Then he asked me "I heard you just returned from a job and you are fresh?"

I didn't get what he meant. 

He hooked after and said: "Let me cut a long story short. I own a bar in 2nd rd that threw out millions but needs a renovation to lure the customers back in and as a compatriot he would like to borrow some cash" 

I almost choked on my steak and the alarm bells and horns and inner screams went off.

I replied "if he has been asking already at his Bank the manager if he is fresh

...and further I do not borrow money to strangers with such a big mouth"

He kicked the chair beside and left with some rude words like "arrogant ass**le, typical ignorant German and whatever" 

So I lost the opportunity having a great friend, really a pity that I am always so suspiciously when some new friends ask for some financial help.

My real friends (3 in total with who my wife allows me to hang around), told me later they knew the guy and his reputation.

The white dust in his nose was no prove he was a baker but a real party lion... 

BTW he died 2 years ago escaped into the Philippines and left a lot debt in Pattaya.. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, jvs said:

Maybe use your other hand once in awhile,feels like you are cheating.Only do this when you are not the jealous type,could get you in all kinds of trouble and we all know therapy can be expensive!

My right hand tried to call a lawyer once so I ripped the phone out of it and smacked it around. Taught that grabby grasper a thing or two

14 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Before I gave up drinking I had many so called friends in the pubs. But when I became very sick (from the booze) not one of them ever came to visit me in the hospital.

I realize today that who I thought were "friends"...were actually just "acquaintances"...You should have no problem finding one, two or a thousand....The pubs and bars are full of them.

That's what pubs are for...????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

But when I became very sick (from the booze) not one of them ever came to visit me in the hospital

sorry to hear that, I would have visited you.

BTW ... i drink every day ...  what made you sick from the booze ??