Internet Quality Questions

CobraSnakeNecktie

Hello

The Chiang Mai air pollution is getting to me pretty bad. Its either leave Thailand all together or try moving to Phuket. The air quality does seem good there.

My question is about internet. I need it to function. As far as DSL goes how hard will it to be for me to have 500kbs + ?

Lots of people complain about it up here but its decent. Any comment on quality or locations.

I have read about the wireless cards but not crazy about the 15K baht for the card itself or the slow upload speeds.

Thanks in advance

Search for posts made by me, I asked this same question not long ago.

Now I am here I am staying with someone with ADSL in Kathu. The connection quality is pretty crap and frequently drops down to below dial up speeds. If anyone knows of a 256K up and down connection that actually gives you that speed all day long I would take it.

The CAT ADSL system gives that speed and more..

Problem is its a very limited availability.. Perhaps even define where you can live by the ADSL thats possible there.

The D-O aircard system also gives that speed but is not perfect, being wireless ping times are a little higher..

I am discussing a project with some people back in Europe and may take both systems as a failsafe as its important I have as much uptime as possible and over the years having one system only has been pretty piss poor.. When looked at for failsafe the costs are actually manageable.