Thailand's rising political star charged with sedition

rooster59

13 hours ago, Eligius said:

I predicted that Thanathorn would be lucky if a thousand demonstrators showed up.

I was right.

Assumptions is the mother and predictions is the father of all <deleted> ups ... :clap2:

13 hours ago, bowerboy said:

The representatives from the 10 countries was impressive.

If this was such a big global message then please can you post a link about it from any non Thai source when and if such exists.

Here is 4 especially for you. I can get you another 10 if you like

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article228920104.html#navlink=SecList

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/young-partys-fate-may-affect-political-stability

https://www.manilatimes.net/thai-leader-faces-trial-for-sedition/536607/

https://www.dw.com/en/thai-opposition-leader-says-he-faces-sedition-charges/a-48235765

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

so you are saying what? Thais are gutless? or he has one thousand supporters?

Or perhaps the majority are just complacent (after centuries of being told what to do and not being allowed to question anything)?

At the end of the day some may say that Thai peoples will get the Government they deserve? ???? ????

This begins to look like the Russian way of conducting elections, the time leading up to and the time before results are verified, we will see soon how closely they mirror them, Thailand will get the form of democracy it deserves but it does not do itself any good when the incumbent administration starts fling charges against political opponents, sometimes for the good of the country its best to turn the other cheek for the good of the country.

If petty criminal charges like this were applied across the board rather than selectively against junta opposition, Thailand would struggle to find anyone qualified to sit in Parliament. 

It just goes to prove that in there was never any intent to allow democracy to flourish.

2 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Or perhaps the majority are just complacent (after centuries of being told what to do and not being allowed to question anything)?

At the end of the day some may say that Thai peoples will get the Government they deserve? ???? ????

Get what they "deserve" or what they are indoctrinated through schooling and the media to believe is correct, free thinking is not encouraged! ????

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Oh, so you weren't up against the army then? You know, a large army with live ammunition?

Let's see now... poll tax, an unpopular government edict versus dictatorial army rule.

So fundamentally bugger all like the risks that you are accusing the Thai people of shirking.

Were the army outside the Pathumwan Police Station or was it the Police?

It was the Police in the UK and it was the Police at Pathumwan.

Very big difference between police and army here in Thailand. Police will do nothing here...far less than would in the UK actually.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Dave67 said:

Oh yes these giants of the global media...wake me up when you see something in a real news outlet like the BBC or New York Times or similar.

• Confused 1

Government is currently in caretaker mode.  They dont have the power
Not quite, the current government is still very much in power and with continued use of article 44 as they see fit. Their power was never based on parliament...

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

On 4/6/2019 at 4:43 PM, Benroon said:

'normal' thais won't what ?

Help the country? do something?  and before you come out with your usual *****  we are farang and in my country people, and yours, people would not tolerate even 1% of what goes on here and they would be out on the streets in their masses.

Edited by BobBKK