Tourists and Thais told: The Chief of Police cares about you this Songkran

webfact

Why only "care" for expats and visitors during Songkran ?

Is it not the job of the police to take care of people all year long and not harass locals and foreigners on road blocks or just foreigners and retirees who are often more vulnerable at immigration counters all over the country,  just to extort money from them ?

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Got mine here in 2002 when we visited Pak Chong Army training base. Had to descend from a tower on a line - no big deal and certainly not as scary as many fairground rides ????

Oh so thats why almost all of them have wings...cos no aircraft(both fix wing n rotary) was involved and all they need is to jump off a tower? Not even a ballon jump is needed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Chief of Police cares about you this Songkran

I read somewhere it was Gen Chakthip who issued the order to transfer Lt. Gen. Surachate to his "inactive post". Seems he couldn't have cared less whether Big Joke enjoyed Songkran or not.

6 hours ago, Thechook said:

Just curious, why does every government employee, teacher and bank teller have para wings

Yes a lot of cops have the wings because jumping out of airplanes is part of their training you do realize they are a bit of a military bent. A few years ago I believe three boys who were in training to become police officers were killed when there was a malfunction of the static line on the airplane

7 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Feeling warm and Fuzzy here as the week begins.  :biggrin:

That's because you have just had a pee whilst treading water in the deep end of the pool.

About as much practical use as this announcement...

Yes a lot of cops have the wings because jumping out of airplanes is part of their training you do realize they are a bit of a military bent. A few years ago I believe three boys who were in training to become police officers were killed when there was a malfunction of the static line on the airplane

They didn't follow the malfunction emergency procedure, ie did not deploy their reserve parachute.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Most never see inside an aircraft. Static tower decent, your granny could do it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

Oh so thats why almost all of them have wings...cos no aircraft(both fix wing n rotary) was involved and all they need is to jump off a tower? Not even a ballon jump is needed.

They don't need Balloons; they are full of air already !

12 hours ago, JAG said:
19 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Feeling warm and Fuzzy here as the week begins.  :biggrin:

That's because you have just had a pee whilst treading water in the deep end of the pool.

About as much practical use as this announcement...

Are we having trouble with our adult diapers this morning?   Maybe try a bigger size.  :thumbsup:

Edited by LomSak27

5 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Are we having trouble with our adult diapers this morning?   Maybe try a bigger size.  :thumbsup:

I wasn't having a pop at you, rather the general inanity of the policeman's announcement. Anyway, never mind!

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

The cops will only concentrate on this; checking papers/helmets at road stick-ups.  The other stuff involves tearing their eyes from their phones.

And their backsides off their seats.

Edited by bluesofa
grammar

17 hours ago, Vacuum said:

If you live in one of the forest burning areas, you could wait until the mushrooms pop up. Plenty of space on them, in fact, according to the late Frank Zappa (RIP) you could write the lords prayer on the head of a pin (Billy the Mountain, Just  Another Band From LA).

I reckon Ethel did it not Billy 

21 hours ago, Thechook said:

Just curious, why does every government employee, teacher and bank teller have para wings

LOL I've got mine too!  I was a volunteer "Assistant Police' (not to be confused with Tourist Police) in Roi Et district a few years ago and my police captain ordered my uniform with "para wings".  Hmmm... maybe I got wings because at the time the brand new Roi Et Assistant Police program was...

...wait for it...

a 'pilot' project.  :cheesy:

Of course, we all had to pay for our own uniforms.  T.I.T.

8 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Immigration police seem to do so lately.  I guess you are so happy about that. 

As it happens i am happy that the Immigration Police are doing a better job but i would be a lot happier if Traffic Police did their's properly.    As I play by the rules and do everything properly i have nothing to fear from people doing their jobs well !