Big Joke's fate: Public on tenterhooks will have to wait one more day

webfact

Big Joke's fate: Public on tenterhooks will have to wait one more day

4pm.jpg

Picture: TNA

A meeting at the Royal Thai Police headquarters which is widely expected to center around the reasons for the transfer of Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn to an inactive post has been delayed.

And the chairman of the police committee presenting the conference will not be the deputy prime minister but the chief of police.

A meeting was scheduled for today at 1.30pm with the press and public desperate for news about the poster boy of the RTP - the self styled Big Joke himself.

But an announcement yesterday evening at 7.20pm said that the meeting will be held on the first floor of RTP HQ in the Sriyan Room at 1.30pm on Wednesday. 

It is customary for deputy prime minister and defense minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwon to head this committee. 

Instead the national police chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda will preside. 

Lt-Gen Surachate was transferred to an inactive post from immigration in a sudden move by Gen Chakthip on Friday. He was told to report to the 20th floor instead of his usual office. 

No reason has so far been given but speculation in the Thai and foreign communities has been rife.

Thaivisa notes that it would be no exaggeration to say that for the foreign community at least there has never been a Thai policeman with such a high profile and recognition as Surachate. 

Much of that is to do with his nickname, his promotion to the head of immigration and subsequent changes to  immigration work and his continued work in investigating cases of criminality especially among illegal immigrants and foreigners. 

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-09
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, KMartinHandyman said:

He will be promoted to a role that doesn’t feature him in the headline

There was mention of a role in the Prime Minister's office. Not sure what to make of that one?

That he is left flapping in the breeze, in full public view tells me that the conflict, whatever it may be, is not yet resolved. Maybe he is being given time to forward the acceptable tithe, which will make his problem(s) go away?

There are probably a couple of dozen subordinates and associates who are sweating the results of this "meeting"?

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

I see Prawit has skipped out of a cabinet meeting this morning due to illness. 

A data point no doubt, but he has been unwell for quite a long time: hearing problems (first mentioned as a heart problem), infections, food poisoning, sepsis. That said, if my sole protector was teetering I would expect my enemies to mount an assault.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

There was mention of a role in the Prime Minister's office. Not sure what to make of that one?

That he is left flapping in the breeze, in full public view tells me that the conflict, whatever it may be, is not yet resolved. Maybe he is being given time to forward the acceptable tithe, which will make his problem(s) go away?

There are probably a couple of dozen subordinates and associates who are sweating the results of this "meeting"?

A data point no doubt, but he has been unwell for quite a long time: hearing problems (first mentioned as a heart problem), infections, food poisoning, sepsis. That said, if my sole protector was teetering I would expect my enemies to mount an assault.

Diarrhea -that's what the Thai press have been reporting. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I am a Big Joke groupie!

I hope he comes back and arrests everyone.

That is probably why he is in trouble.   Too many groupies are a threat to the national order.  Mr. Bodyslam knew when to stop but the joke just kept on going and going and going.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I drove from Pattaya to Rayong about 2 hours ago....strangely enough...I didn't see any people on "tender hooks".....probably due to my serious concentration on my driving....yes!....that would indeed explain it?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I see Prawit has skipped out of a cabinet meeting this morning due to illness. 

What could they possibly tell any sensible person who'd then say, "Ah, yea! That makes sense". 

Maybe he couldn't decide which watch would fit the occasion.

• Haha 2