Billboard promotes violence, is there any gov agency where I could report it?

ethaniel

On mafia island I assume the organizers are just too well connected to get through or you would need big tea money to get cops moving.

They would always find something like missing/expired license, foreign fighters without permit, expired visa etc.

If they want to find they will find.

"Chang" logo, forbidden alcohol promotion in public :smile:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Bloody Thai boxing is a way of life here...if you observe closely it resembles a cock fight...

Loud noise is to be shared in this culture...turn away if you don't wish to look...plug your ears...but try not to complain too much...it is after all our responsibility to assimilate and become transparent...????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, habanero said:

You would probably get more results complaining about alcohol advertising on the billboard. That is illegal in Thailand. It clearly has a Chang logo. I guess they are a sponsor.

There is no alcohol advertisement on the board since they are promoting their non-alcoholic products, Chang Soda water. 

That‘s why there’s Chang soda, Leo soda etc. A way to circumvent the ban on alcohol advertisement. ????

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DUS said:

There is no alcohol advertisement on the board since they are promoting their non-alcoholic products, Chang Soda water. 

That‘s why there’s Chang soda, Leo soda etc. A way to circumvent the ban on alcohol advertisement. ????

I guess I didn't notice they were advertising Soda Water.  My Bad!

3 hours ago, habanero said:

You would probably get more results complaining about alcohol advertising on the billboard. That is illegal in Thailand. It clearly has a Chang logo. I guess they are a sponsor.

Where are they advertising alcohol on the billboard ?

30 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Where are they advertising alcohol on the billboard ?

I saw the Chang icon. Don't have to specifically say Beer, liquor. Just has to promote.

Alcohol logos - or even images accepted as representative of brands, such as a deer head for Benmore or red stars for Heineken - are not allowed to be displayed in sponsorship or any kind of advertising or promotion.

Edited by habanero

21 hours ago, Stocky said:
On 4/9/2019 at 11:58 AM, Kwasaki said:

Looks like a Netflix film. ????

I thought "The Walking Dead" was AMC TV?

28 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Looks like a promo for that awful series The Walking Dead, which I wish was banned. 

I liked it and watched it to the end.

People should be able to chose.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CharlieH said:

PINNED at the top of the forum.

NCPO Thai government. 24 hour Call Center 1111 http://www.1111.go.th/

They deal with any and all complaints related to anything and everything.

Oh, great! Now I know who to contact about my toaster which burned out a month after I bought it!

10 hours ago, habanero said:

The actual law states that use of logos is ok.  showing the actual product is not.

Alcohol Beverage Control Act, BE 2551   Chapter 4 section 32.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I liked it and watched it to the end.

People should be able to chose.

"People should be able to chose." I guess one could choose to walk in front of a moving bus... and would be less painful !

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 11:53 AM, from the home of CC said:

If you're looking for the government to be your parent you're in the wrong country.

But if you're looking for it to be your scary, abusive uncle, you've struck gold.

Edited by Enoon
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, habanero said:

Alcohol logos - or even images accepted as representative of brands, such as a deer head for Benmore or red stars for Heineken - are not allowed to be displayed in sponsorship or any kind of advertising or promotion.

This is verbatim from the Thai Law. 

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, habanero said:

I saw the Chang icon. Don't have to specifically say Beer, liquor. Just has to promote.

Image result for buriram united

On 4/10/2019 at 5:53 AM, habanero said:

Chang Beer is not mentioned on the billboard.

Chang market Chang Water to avoid the advertising issue.

6 hours ago, cracker1 said:

Chang Beer is not mentioned on the billboard.

Chang market Chang Water to avoid the advertising issue.

Imho the Chang logo with green background is only used for beer, their water products don't use the green background, which would make it an advertisement for beer. I might of coure be wrong, i don't know their products in detail