"Please come back the devil has gone!" Traders' plea as tourists quit Thai rape/murder island

webfact

Well, what did the local people do as this low life was there?? 

They must have been knowing he was under influence and a trouble maker but nobody reported him??

Now the poor girl is dead and I hope the tourists pay back and make this place a poor desert forever as it was before the tourism boomed.. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, webfact said:

"The bad guy has gone," she said, "Only the good guys are left".

Does this means there are no meth addicts left there ?

The problem with Thailand is the heavy drug and alcohol abuse among the locals. You can never be sure.

Some "devils" might still be lurking around.

I would be very careful as a single tourist, especially female. 

2 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Yes we all know nowhere is completely safe.why on earth do I have to visit there when the proof is it isn't a safe place.

great first post from you,keep it up and you'll soon get with the program.

maybe a bit of constructive input rather than trying to have a pathetic dig at me would be helpful.

Did the trader not say that it is the first time in 37 years that there had been a serious incident of this nature on Koh Si Chang?

Does that make it an unsafe place?

Rhetorical questions.

Rooster

3 hours ago, happy chappie said:

I'm just waiting to hear from the legalise all drugs tv members but they've probably got their heads tucked in like a tortoise on this one.

i can say without a doubt the island isn't safe as there will be more than this one drug crazed monster living on the island.

They need to show some action and find all this drugs and dealers Thailand swimming in drugs 

drug addicted male is a dangerous thing just look how they behave in traffic 

Something must be done... 

46 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

He admitted on another thread that he took meth and wanted sex.so in other words his medical condition led to his criminal condition.there is help in Thailand for people with no money and drug problems.You can go to the police and they will send you to a unit that will help.even better,go to the temple and they will help.this monster could of even paid for private treatment but instead spent the money on drugs and caved a poor innocent woman's head in with a rock and his bare hands for his own sexual gratification.For christs sake he half killed her,raped her then decided to finish her off.we cannot ever let people be out in society  on meth and say oh that's ok we can treat them.remember,prevention is always better than a cure.

This is just another case of a Thai blaming anything rather than themselves. No different than the old "my brakes failed" scenario except this time it was Yaba.

Yes tourists, pls come back to places tourists get murdered, robbed. First clean up your places, stop protecting the mafia structure and learn from that: tourists act and react quick.

Thats what they forget. And its good tourists react!!!

If there is one Meth-head tweeker on the Island, then there is a supply chain to the island, and more resident tweekers.  So my guess is that one of the Meth Devil's acolyte has been locked up, but the nest is still there.  Sort of like cockroaches.  Everything is all good until another tweeker goes off the rails.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes, one person does something bad an all suffer. Just stupid its not as if the other people could control this nutter.

It would be different if it happened more and the locals were hiding the facts. This case nothing like that at all. The guy got arrested, locals actually quite angry with the guy. So why should they suffer.

I mean do you and a poster a few above yours realize this gruesome murder happened 72 hours ago? Do you think anywhere in the world when something just like this happens in a place where it rarely happens the locals all start crying about low tourism right after? This is a PATHETIC show of greed and if anyone thinks differently you better get a mental check up. This girl who is not even buried yet is who the locals should be talking about and even honoring, not looking for tourists! The hillside vigil was probably FAR from a grass roots idea. Think about it. Think about a small village in let’s say The Netherlands that also attracts tourists has a BRUTAL rape and brutal murder happen in it. Would the Dutch locals be complaining about tourism 72 hours later?  End of. 

3 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Yes we could legalise drugs,let every tom,dick and Harry become useless junkies who never fully recover to lead a normal life and divert the medical needs of hospitals for these pathetic people who sold their souls.

as ive said before,just because the war on drugs is being lost it doesn't mean it isn't right to fight.giving in is the losers way out.

There is help out there for junkies but most if not all will only want help to find more drugs rather than treatment.you have to want to help yourself first but junkies are losers and that's the way it is.

oh and by the way I've smoked weed for over 30 years so I've seen it all and what hard drugs do to people and society.

when a country like Canada take a laid back approach to hard drugs they don't set up clinics to help them,they set up shooting galleries and supply them with the tools to carry on.

Suggest you read this article on Portugal's solution regarding "war on drugs"  http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html

The bUllsh!t on these islands starts the moment you get off the boat and the tuktuk drivers want extortionate prices to take you somewhere. What are you going to do? Go back to the mainland? I like islands but I think I'll never go to another thai one ever again. Too much of a hassle.

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

All i can say is ,if you legalize drugs , the people who use them sensibly ,no problem .the ones who become junkies ,tough ,let them die ,why should our taxes help them .

Well legal drugs get well taxed so they can supply revenue to help others. Obviously you have little empathy for those that have addiction problems or weakness. It can be simply tobacco or gambling too. It appears they are taken advantage of to me. I dislike gaming machines as well as drugs, but am not adverse to a few beers. 

2 minutes ago, soistalker said:

The bUllsh!t on these islands starts the moment you get off the boat and the tuktuk drivers want extortionate prices to take you somewhere. What are you going to do? Go back to the mainland? I like islands but I think I'll never go to another thai one ever again. Too much of a hassle.

Always remember jumping off the boat at Koh Samet so many years ago, I hadn't waded ashore before some oink was after the National Park charge!

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well legal drugs get well taxed so they can supply revenue to help others. Obviously you have little empathy for those that have addiction problems or weakness. It can be simply tobacco or gambling too. It appears they are taken advantage of to me. I dislike gaming machines as well as drugs, but am not adverse to a few beers. 

your right ,very little empathy ,had to work for all i have , why should others just scrounge all the time .

29 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I mean do you and a poster a few above yours realize this gruesome murder happened 72 hours ago? Do you think anywhere in the world when something just like this happens in a place where it rarely happens the locals all start crying about low tourism right after? This is a PATHETIC show of greed and if anyone thinks differently you better get a mental check up. This girl who is not even buried yet is who the locals should be talking about and even honoring, not looking for tourists! The hillside vigil was probably FAR from a grass roots idea. Think about it. Think about a small village in let’s say The Netherlands that also attracts tourists has a BRUTAL rape and brutal murder happen in it. Would the Dutch locals be complaining about tourism 72 hours later?  End of. 

Dutch locals would probably have far more reserves then Thais. These people live day by day and are hit by something outside of their control.

I don't complain that people don't come but I can understand the locals worrying about their income. You would too if you live day by day. 

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Dutch locals would probably have far more reserves then Thais. These people live day by day and are hit by something outside of their control.

I don't complain that people don't come but I can understand the locals worrying about their income. You would too if you live day by day. 

3 days later ?????? Get a grip dude. Also why do you think these people live day to day always on tourist islands?  You don’t think in December , January, February etc they sometimes make killings?  This day to day hand to mouth mentality you just showed is a complete TVF myth. This is not a small village In Isarn with no tourists. Stop the nonsense posts about day to day. They probably spend 10x more on the good high season days lol. Do you think they save tons of baht in January for July !  Huge lol 

1 minute ago, alex8912 said:

3 days later ?????? Get a grip dude. 

They have no idea how long this is going to take (and neither do you or I). They are worried about their life. Yes its not "nice" but quite normal for people who live from day to day. You probably never encountered people like that before. 

Different opinion get used to it it happens.

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

They have no idea how long this is going to take (and neither do you or I). They are worried about their life. Yes its not "nice" but quite normal for people who live from day to day. You probably never encountered people like that before. 

Different opinion get used to it it happens.

No you are wrong in this case. We are not talking about some village with NO tourists. This is also approaching a quieter time of the year and they know this is coming every year. By showing this greed 3 days later they are upsetting the EXACT people they want to come back. Don’t you get that? Yes the local Thais have to THINK about how the tourists will THINK about their greed too soon after even a RARE occurrence. They are being pigs not living day to day in this case. Why do you insist these people are living day to day on Koh Chang?  I’m just talking about here. But in other tourist islands it’s similar. They can just leave as well virtually no one I’ve talked to when visiting koh Chang is FROM there ( the Thais ) I go every year. 

5 hours ago, SammyT said:

You've never been to Pattaya then, huh? 

Or many cities in western countries where meth addicts also "run free"

The article is about Kho Si Chang. The rape/murder occured there. My focus is on the article, not some other time and place.

13 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

No you are wrong in this case. We are not talking about some village with NO tourists. This is also approaching a quieter time of the year and they know this is coming every year. By showing this greed 3 days later they are upsetting the EXACT people they want to come back. Don’t you get that? Yes the local Thais have to THINK about how the tourists will THINK about their greed too soon after even a RARE occurrence. They are being pigs not living day to day in this case. Why do you insist these people are living day to day on Koh Chang?  I’m just talking about here. But in other tourist islands it’s similar. They can just leave as well virtually no one I’ve talked to when visiting koh Chang is FROM there ( the Thais ) I go every year. 

Maybe you should first check where you go every year Koh Chang is not the same as Kho Si Chang.

I disagree with you sorry i stick with my opinion I don't see this as greed but I see these people as victims just as the poor lady that got raped and killed. You somehow seem to think they are responsible. Lets agree to disagree and keep it civil. 

25 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

It's Koh Si Chang, not Koh Chang btw.

6 hours ago, z42 said:

I hope people do go back there. I have been with the family a few times now.

Great food, nice and peaceful living, and some lovely walks and views. My gf and kids love it.

Would be sad if these traders lost out on the back of the actions of a crazy nutter

The main problem being drugs are becoming more widely used, they may say he's the only devil & has gone... until the next drugged up nutter decides to do something !!!

5 hours ago, happy chappie said:

I'm just waiting to hear from the legalise all drugs tv members but they've probably got their heads tucked in like a tortoise on this one.

i can say without a doubt the island isn't safe as there will be more than this one drug crazed monster living on the island.

I agree...return to WHAT! 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Always remember jumping off the boat at Koh Samet so many years ago, I hadn't waded ashore before some oink was after the National Park charge!

That might be because it's a national park, though I could be wrong.

Rooster

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes, one person does something bad an all suffer. Just stupid its not as if the other people could control this nutter.

It would be different if it happened more and the locals were hiding the facts. This case nothing like that at all. The guy got arrested, locals actually quite angry with the guy. So why should they suffer.

The locals must have known he was a complete whack job and just let him carry on. Not sure what they could have done but they must take some responsibility. Unfortunately there are a lot of them in Thailand as there are no proper mental health care centres or shrinks available to the general populous. 

Archived