Visa agent recommendation

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

From Royal Thai Embassy "Non-Immigrant Visa-O-A may be granted to applicants who wish to retire in Thailand and possess the required qualifications."

It is a retirement visa says the embassy and immigration.  Maybe pendants don't agree but you are after all not the authority - the Thai embassy and Immigration are. 

Why would I leave.  Nothing has changed for me.  I put my money in a fixed deposit account and withdraw the interest every year.  I've never needed to use an agent because I can still write my name and have decent mobility. 

despite your protests, you are wrong, even an esteemed expert on this forum tried to support you and your view but could not

why, because its not true, he knows as well as me, its not a retirement visa and that a retirement visa does not exist in Thailand.

i would suggest it is you who is the pedant (not a pendant) saying it is so when it is not so

3 hours ago, notamember said:

An O-A visa is NOT a retirement visa

It says it is on the application form

image.png.fb3394134e59cf19afda0584091f58d1.png

and its listed as such amongst the different types of O visa's on embassy websites

image.png.0b9c20ff1229cb2a9cc7761be62740eb.png

http://www.thaiembassy.org/sydney/en/other/96010-NON-IMMIGRANT-VISA.html

Edited by Peterw42

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

It says it is on the application form

image.png.fb3394134e59cf19afda0584091f58d1.png

and its listed as such amongst the different types of O visa's on embassy websites

image.png.0b9c20ff1229cb2a9cc7761be62740eb.png

and how many times has the esteemed authority on these matters on this forum said that Thai websites are wrong. i have lost count of the thousands of times , maybe he will step in and tell you himself

i

16 hours ago, Enki said:

I thought it was a one year one? (You are talking about "retirement visa"?)

Mr. Enki,

I am not an expert on the subject, but someone explained it to me in simple terms, so I will try to do the same. (Ubonjoe is the real TVF expert, so if you have specific questions, I suggest you private message him). If you get a 12 mth O-A visa in your home country, you can extend it for an additional 12 mths by leaving & returning to Thailand right before the 12 mth expiration date. It can be just a quick border-run trip. Then, you will need to leave before the second 12 mth expiration date. Some people go back home and repeat the whole process after 2 years. Others just stay in Thailand and apply for an extension-of-stay based on retirement at Thai Immigration provided they meet the requirements (income method 65k per mth or bank method 800k). It used to be easier with the embassy affidavits. You can also apply for an extension-of-stay before your first 12 mth O-A expiration date instead of doing a border run trip if you meet the requirements. In either case, during that second 12 mth period, you will need to do 90-day reports unless you travel, then the 90-day reporting clock resets whenever you return and if you do travel during that second 12 mth period, you will need to buy a single or multiple re-entry permit to get back in country. Also, some people just get a 90-day O visa, open a bank account and apply for an extension-of-stay after 60 days of being in the country. I didn't live near a Thai embassy in home country, so I did the 90-day O visa once I got to Thailand. If I missed a few details, I'm sure someone will add more.

Edited by BertM
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, notamember said:

and how many times has the esteemed authority on these matters on this forum said that Thai websites are wrong. i have lost count of the thousands of times , maybe he will step in and tell you himself

i

In some matters the embassies may be wrong but if Thai embassies all around the world call it a Visa for retirement "and" only issue that visa to retirees (they dont give them to anyone other than retirees), maybe it is a retirement visa.

If the visa for retirees, and only given to retirees, is not a retirement visa, please enlighten us and tell us the purpose of an OA visa and who gets an OA visa?

Maybe an OA visa is for people over 50, who cannot work in thailand and need to support themselves with either a pension or savings. otherwise known as "People who have Retired"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1