EU leaders agree Brexit delay until October: diplomats

webfact

a shining example of yet another government refusing to do the task the voters want.
Then let's have an Election or a 2nd Referendum and see what the voters want now. Or is it only politicians who can keep voting?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Forgive me for thinking out loud, but the way things are going we might be better if we;

a) Revoke article 50 (bear with me...)

b  ) Sort (route-and-branch) Parliament out (PR, Compulsory voting, Elected HoL)

c ) Trigger A50 as soon as the above has been completed (years!) followed by UDI the following Monday if the result remains the same.

I'm not entirely serious but this is a monumental clusterf...????

I agree entirely on a).

On b) I agree on compulsory voting but I doubt you’ve thought through what PR would deliver.

If a) happens c) is not going to happen.

I agree entirely with your closing comment, though I understand we don’t agree on the causes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I agree entirely on a).

On b) I agree on compulsory voting but I doubt you’ve thought through what PR would deliver.

If a) happens c) is not going to happen.

I agree entirely with your closing comment, though I understand we don’t agree on the causes.

Thank you chomper. Whatever PR delivered would be an improvement & if EU had been a little more approachable and accountable from the onset we may never have opted to leave in the first place.

33 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Forgive me for thinking out loud, but the way things are going we might be better if we;

b  ) Sort (route-and-branch) Parliament out (PR, Compulsory voting, Elected HoL)

c ) Trigger A50 as soon as the above has been completed (years!) followed by UDI the following Monday if the result remains the same.

I'm not entirely serious but this is a monumental clusterf...????

Without quoting the ECJ ruling on the revoking of article 50 they did say it could not be revoked and then resubmitted, though I doubt they could stop the resubmission.

Personally, I think Revoke it now, lick our wounds, leave it until after the next general election (hopefully in 2022), where every party can take instructions from their membership at the AGM's and decide on a united platform and a clear manifesto on leaving or remaining and what form of Brexit they are looking for, then if one party has a majority they can put it to another referendum, if not the ruling coalition is going to hash together an agreed form of Brexit, or even leave it until after the following GE.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I'm not entirely serious but this is a monumental clusterf... Our system is an utter disgrace ????

safe_image.php?d=AQCPcdCIFLim4VB5&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fnews%2F2019%2F04%2F10%2FBOB110419-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq0CjG5m5anLXLD_-K2ceRsM9mRvFpzQFkAchKDBZXKio.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQDl-xbEByDfMQee

Save your thinking time at a) now looking odds on????

7 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Thank you chomper. Whatever PR delivered would be an improvement & if EU had been a little more approachable and accountable from the onset we may never have opted to leave in the first place.

Agree, I think a few tweeks particularly to the free movement issue, nobody in their right mind has anything against people from other member states coming to the UK on a preferential basis to work where there are jobs as log as it is on a level playing field, ie they pay their taxes etc,  or even living here if as long as they are a net contributor.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Basil B said:

Untrue BS 

We have not handed over £39Mil that is the deal if we Exit under the current deal on offer... a single one off payment to be staggered over many years.

If we leave no deal we don't pay it, if we remain we will continue to pay our subs, I assume on a prorata basis.

The terms of the deal yet to be announced, but as pointed out there is a danger to the EU of a successor to being someone who could block all EU business as threatened by the loony ERG...

By the time they get rid of her Nigel may have rejoined and been elected as her successor by the few remaining members, Yes the EU has cause to be worried, but even if we do not have a vote at the top table we should be heard...

7,150,000,000 the cost of funding to the end of October

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

May will get her P45 very very soon..someone like David Davis as interim pm..then its GAME ON

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

He will be still kicking the same old tin can this time next year, because the EU ain't going to give him a new one...

Best he can hope for is a paint job on it.

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

On the bright side for Brexiteers at least we are the best in the world at Oki Koki????

and the circus will be going on for another 7 months..... of God, please, have mercy

23 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

It seems pro-Brexit lobbyists were bank rolling the DUP to the tune of GBP 500k - to fund their pro Brexit campaign costs of course, ahem!

Seems like it. That will snowball no doubt and raise the legality of the 2016 referendum adding more weight to the necessity of a further referendum which I have no doubt will be to remain by a majority of the eligible voting public, unlike the minority as was the case in 2016.

Edited by geoffbezoz
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, RickBradford said:

In the name of God, go!

Not much seems to have changed since Oliver Cromwell said that in 1653.

That would be the Oliver Cromwell who hijacked the English Revolution and made himself military dictator?

Edited by Enoon
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Without quoting the ECJ ruling on the revoking of article 50 they did say it could not be revoked and then resubmitted, though I doubt they could stop the resubmission.

Personally, I think Revoke it now, lick our wounds, leave it until after the next general election (hopefully in 2022), where every party can take instructions from their membership at the AGM's and decide on a united platform and a clear manifesto on leaving or remaining and what form of Brexit they are looking for, then if one party has a majority they can put it to another referendum, if not the ruling coalition is going to hash together an agreed form of Brexit, or even leave it until after the following GE.

No they didn't.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

He will be still kicking the same old tin can this time next year, because the EU ain't going to give him a new one...

Best he can hope for is a paint job on it.

New can ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surely there has to be a general election or reluctantly, a peoples vote.  There is no sign of May getting any further with her dire proposals or moving her ridiculous red lines.  To accept Labour's proposals would see May as toast and parliament is never going to allow leaving with no deal. 

May should stand down and then a general election.  The lesson for the future must be, NEVER give a referendum to the people when you don't tell them the truth of what it entails.  In fact never give the people a referendum.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

"A Brexit extension until 31 October is sensible since it gives time to UK to finally choose its way," Maltese Prime Minister Joseph Muscat tweeted,

Now there's someone with brains who should write for comedians. ????

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Surely there has to be a general election or reluctantly, a peoples vote.  There is no sign of May getting any further with her dire proposals or moving her ridiculous red lines.  To accept Labour's proposals would see May as toast and parliament is never going to allow leaving with no deal. 

May should stand down and then a general election.  The lesson for the future must be, NEVER give a referendum to the people when you don't tell them the truth of what it entails.  In fact never give the people a referendum.

- All the better to purge Bercow, May & all dishonorable members that went against their constituents/manifesto/A50 pledge.

- They won't in our lifetime.

UK can eventually expect to see the English finally getting their own Parliament & FM and PR becoming the norm in UK politics. Anything less is no longer acceptable.

Edited by evadgib