Acknowledging frustration, Britain's May calls on parliament to deliver Brexit

webfact

1 minute ago, sawadee1947 said:

.....and without any obligation for the Govt to follow. 

It's all a home made desaster of shrinking from a recommended important country to a third world banana country.

One or three clear sentences by the Queen would change everything. Similar to Thailand 

I don't know what you are talking about.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vogie said:

Voting is democratic, mob rule is anarchy.

Correct, but unfortunately our ruling class have ignored the Democratic decision of the British people.

Can you imagine what the situation would be in France and many other countries, if the elected representatives have treated the electorate in such a manner. Perhaps that thought has encouraged Treacherous May and  the rest of the Baxtaxds in Westminster to go against the British people.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Basil B said:

Obviously you do not know much about the British electorate, many vote for the party they always vote for or don't bother voting... 

Many MP's will becoming back, regardless on where they stood on Brexit.

I think that trend just took a lurch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

They stayed a bit too long in the job for that. 

It took that long for the truth to come out, you know how Theresa works.

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

Brexit and UKIP parties - 5555555555555! Can't wait to see their manifestos.

What's really sad is the amount of people, normal reasonably well educated people, who haven't got a clue about their own constitution, laws, and political processes let alone how the EU works. And their naive belief in all the spewed out by Boris, Farage, Gove, etc etc - none of whom have offered any plan or possible solution,

And you want to vote these lying clowns into office.

Rock on Tommy!
My name's not Tommy..but good try[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

.....and without any obligation for the Govt to follow. 
It's all a home made desaster of shrinking from a recommended important country to a third world banana country.
One or three clear sentences by the Queen would change everything. Similar to Thailand 
Her Majesty is a Constitutional Monarch..I only wish that She could " let it rip " .

4 hours ago, tebee said:

It's all your fault.....

I more and more feel we have to thank Brexiteers. For brining the UK and Europe closer together and showing everyone else that the far-right propaganda of leaving the EU is a bad idea. 

“May and her deal are very badly battered. But they both survive. The rightwing nationalists react as if these are mere details. They talk as if they will still capture the party leadership over breakfast, rewrite the Brexit deal at lunchtime, abolish the Northern Ireland backstop at tea, and win a general election on a populist English nationalist and deregulatory platform in the evening. It is all a fantasy. They have lost. Their strategy is bust. (...) British attitudes towards the European project have become more positive over the past decade. The UK is second only to Finland in feeling increasingly European. The 2016 referendum may have done more for our European consciousness than all the preceding years of neglect.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/11/nationalist-right-lost-battle-for-brexit-second-vote

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I more and more feel we have to thank Brexiteers. For brining the UK and Europe closer together and showing everyone else that the far-right propaganda of leaving the EU is a bad idea. 

“May and her deal are very badly battered. But they both survive. The rightwing nationalists react as if these are mere details. They talk as if they will still capture the party leadership over breakfast, rewrite the Brexit deal at lunchtime, abolish the Northern Ireland backstop at tea, and win a general election on a populist English nationalist and deregulatory platform in the evening. It is all a fantasy. They have lost. Their strategy is bust. (...) British attitudes towards the European project have become more positive over the past decade. The UK is second only to Finland in feeling increasingly European. The 2016 referendum may have done more for our European consciousness than all the preceding years of neglect.”
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/11/nationalist-right-lost-battle-for-brexit-second-vote

In your dreams only..the guardian..a left wing pc bit of toilet paper

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nauseus said:

It took that long for the truth to come out, you know how Theresa works.

Ah, I see. You mean the guy had negotiated an awesome deal with the EU over 23 months and then out of the sudden appears Olly Robbins

with something he secretly negotiated with May and Merkel and everyone nods? I guess in the world of unicorns everything is possible. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

What a load of cobras.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

In your dreams only..the guardian..a left wing pc bit of toilet paper

Has the UK left the EU on 29.3.? Will it leave today? 

Is the UK participating in European elections?

Are Labour and May in Brexit talks? 

Do they discuss a no-deal or a customs union (and maybe a referendum)?

Just return to reality for a moment and open your eyes. See the wonderful world of a dying Brexit. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I understand the leavers frustration as well.  As I see it they have been let down by everyone. Not only May but more to the point by the likes of Johnson, Gove, Davis and Fox.  In other words the Brexiteers in the house.  Not just for the bulls*it from the start but then by not stepping up and taking responsibility or at least trying to see it through.  Instead Gove caved in early and the others just hide and take sniper shots from the side lines.

If May steps down and a general election is called then the Tories would have an opportunity to re-group.  It would then be up to them to decide who should lead them into that general election.  That would be interesting!

It would be very interesting indeed.  I would suspect that if TM does resign and calls a General Election then the new Tory leader would most be probably be from the ultra right of the party.   Given what is currently happening UKIP to undergo a resurgence and with an ultra right wing Tory the electorate may well be pushed into voting Labour in order to counter right wing extremism, something historically that does not sit well with the British People.  In past times that may not have been a bad thing but unfortunately now Labour too is currently led by a throw-over from the loony left so it is hardly a worthy alternative.

This does not look good for any centerist and potentially could lead to an historically low turn-out at the general election which statistically would indicate another hung parliament. Then Brexit agreement again would never be passed by a hung parliament

So the ultimate outcome would have to be a second referendum for the people to decide.

So let's have it sooner rather than later so the pound can recover and Europe go on to an increased period of prosperity with the UK remaining a member. Yes there are things wrong with the EU but you can only try and change it by being in the club, not outside it  within the influence of the ultra right wing propagandists. These people are currently pretending to be conservatives but promoting their own right wing agenda under the banner of the ERG which has parallels with Sir Oswald Mosely in the 1930s and his party , The British Union of Facists.

Edited by geoffbezoz

Brexit will never die..don't think you know or understand British people too well
Best if you read up about the 2nd world war..it will give you a better understanding re tge very very strong mental strength of the average Brit.

Has the UK left the EU on 29.3.? Will it leave today? 
Is the UK participating in European elections?
Are Labour and May in Brexit talks? 
Do they discuss a no-deal or a customs union (and maybe a referendum)?

Just return to reality for a moment and open your eyes. See the wonderful world of a dying Brexit. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Wrong..Brexiteers do not want to hand over their national sovereigny to unelected by the people fascists running the show in brussels..whose ultimate aim is to have a united states if europe.
Have a nice day[emoji6]

It would be very interesting indeed.  I would suspect that if TM does resign and calls a General Election then the new Tory leader would most be probably be from the ultra right of the party.   Given what is currently happening UKIP to undergo a resurgence and with an ultra right wing Tory the electorate may well be pushed into voting Labour in order to counter right wing extremism, something historically that does not sit well with the British People.  In past times that may not have been a bad thing but unfortunately now Labour too is currently led by a throw-over from the loony left so it is hardly a worthy alternative.

This does not look good for any centerist and potentially could lead to an historically low turn-out at the general election which statistically would indicate another hung parliament. Then Brexit agreement again would never be passed by a hung parliament

So the ultimate outcome would have to be a second referendum for the people to decide.

So let's have it sooner rather than later so the pound can recover and Europe go on to an increased period of prosperity with the UK remaining a member. Yes there are things wrong with the EU but you can only try and change it by being in the club, not outside it  within the influence of the ultra right wing propagandists. These people are currently pretending to be conservatives but promoting their own right wing agenda under the banner of the ERG which has parallels with Sir Oswald Mosely in the 1930s and his party , The British Union of Facists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Her Majesty is a Constitutional Monarch..I only wish that She could " let it rip " .

Agree. However She's a remainer..... All relatives are from the continent. 

If she would show and say it clearly that Britain runs into desaster if leaving EU, everybody would think twice and give up that idiotic plan of Brexit 

If she would show and say it clearly that Britain runs into desaster if leaving EU, everybody would think twice and give up that idiotic plan of Brexit 
Although She could say something like that..someone like myself being a Royalist and a Unionist would still remain a Brexiteer

2 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Well if you look at it like that the majority of the current populations' ancester's were from the continent also so all Europeans at heart.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Brexit will never die..don't think you know or understand British people too well
Best if you read up about the 2nd world war..it will give you a better understanding re tge very very strong mental strength of the average Brit.

That's the real problem indefinitely ….so the 52% AND the 48% have BOTH that mental strength in their each own Brexit opinion …. so forever going to be …. the extension up to October just give them both more playtime to try convince each other…..complete U.K. political standstill 

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Wrong..Brexiteers do not want to hand over their national sovereigny to unelected by the people fascists running the show in brussels..whose ultimate aim is to have a united states if europe.
Have a nice dayemoji6.png

Oh dear, out of pills today? Not out of insane insults, clearly............ Ever bothered to read up on fascism?

Edited by damascase
  • Like 2

That's the real problem indefinitely ….so the 52% AND the 48% have BOTH that mental strength in their each own Brexit opinion …. so forever going to be …. the extension up to October just give them both more playtime to try convince each other…..complete U.K. political standstill 
Only until teresa the appeasa gets her P45 from 1922 committee

Oh dear, out of pills today? Not out of insane insults, clearly............ Ever bothered to read up on fascism?
Ever bothered to read bout the ultimate aim of eu jobsworths????
In the UK house of horrors down westmonster way..an mp can propose a private members bill..no chance of that in brussels.
Mep's can only debate all the b/s that the eu top kddies give them.
Totally top down dictatorship.....do yourself a favour..google " brexit the movie"..watch it objectively then come back to me

Have a lovely day