Acknowledging frustration, Britain's May calls on parliament to deliver Brexit

webfact

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Robbins was in it from the start, part of the collusion and deception which Davis had to identify, try to fight and finally resign over, after the secretive surrender document ("deal") was unveiled at Chequers.

So David Davis and the EU worked on a deal for 23 months, but at the same time Olly Robbins was secretly working with the EU on another deal. Do you actually believe your own nonsense? 

Even by the end of 2017 it was obvious that Davis was not being allowed to do his job and he might as well have quit then.

What professional stays in charge for something that he is not allowed to do? 

38 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Brexit will never die..don't think you know or understand British people too well
Best if you read up about the 2nd world war..it will give you a better understanding re tge very very strong mental strength of the average Brit.

I might publish a book with your posts one day. “Best of Brexiteers” or so. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Ever bothered to read bout the ultimate aim of eu jobsworths????
In the UK house of horrors down westmonster way..an mp can propose a private members bill..no chance of that in brussels.
Mep's can only debate all the b/s that the eu top kddies give them.
Totally top down dictatorship.....do yourself a favour..google " brexit the movie"..watch it objectively then come back to me

Have a lovely day

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm not sure if a Doc and medicine can help you. Sounds insane. 

You are infiltrated and indoctrinated by all those pretty lies spread by populists over uneducated people ignoring the facts but applauding to "fake news" believing what President Google spat out. 

I'll give you only one fact:

EU parliament is elected and UK will again take part this year's election. And everthing what comes from this parliament is issued by consent of UK govt. 

• Thanks 1

An mep cannot propose a private members bill as a uk mp can do.
Ask yourself this..what is the ultimate aim of the eu jobsworths..

You are infiltrated and indoctrinated by all those pretty lies spread by populists over uneducated people ignoring the facts but applauding to "fake news" believing what President Google spat out. 
EU parliament is elected and UK will again take part this year's election. And everthing what comes from this parliament is issued by consent of UK govt. 

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

57 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

"Ficker than us"...again?

Edited by evadgib

45 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Staying in charge of something that you cannot deliver doesn’t make you a tough guy, it just shows you’re incredibly stupid. No professional would ever sign up for it. 

See Einsteins definition of madness & then take a good look at your (monotonous-and-bereft-of-any-banter-or-originality) posts. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Exactly.

"No deal better than a bad deal" turned into 'it's either an extremly bad deal, or no brexit'.....

I've no idea why some posters think this is ok.....

The problem is that the deal that Davis and others promised, before the referendum, during the leave campaign, was never going to be deliverable. It was basically all the benefits of being an EU member without having to pay for the privilege.

Any sensible person would have realized that for the EU to offer this it would be sounding it's own death knell.

So when charged with delivering what he had promised he seems to have done absolutely nothing.  

7 minutes ago, tebee said:

The problem is that the deal that Davis and others promised, before the referendum, during the leave campaign, was never going to be deliverable. It was basically all the benefits of being an EU member without having to pay for the privilege.

Any sensible person would have realized that for the EU to offer this it would be sounding it's own death knell.

So when charged with delivering what he had promised he seems to have done absolutely nothing.  

You can't say that. The negotiations that mattered were all kept secret and away from Davis. The "deal" that May has ended up with is just a treaty swap and it is no good for the UK. A proper resolution needs a fair deal - not this monster. They need to start all over again or just leave.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You can't say that. The negotiations that mattered were all kept secret and away from Davis. The "deal" that May has ended up with is just a treaty swap and it is no good for the UK. A proper resolution needs a fair deal - not this monster. They need to start all over again or just leave.

34 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Not at all.

The leave side admittedly thought that the eu would also follow their best interests by agreeing a trade deal.

Unfortunately the eu knew that the brit. govt. had no interest in leaving the eu - and so any trade deal was left at the bottom of all lists.....

We've been 'played' by the politicians ☹️.

According to the civil servants in his department Davis was proposing a Canada+ deal but hadn't actually done anything about it - maybe a bit like the impact assessments ?

But that's a long way from the tariff and trouble free access to the single market he promised before the referendum

You were played by politicians who promised you the impossible.  

5 minutes ago, tebee said:

According to the civil servants in his department Davis was proposing a Canada+ deal but hadn't actually done anything about it - maybe a bit like the impact assessments ?

But that's a long way from the tariff and trouble free access to the single market he promised before the referendum

You were played by politicians who promised you the impossible.  

I saw Davis favoured Canada+ too but obviously that was too sensible for May, Robbins and the EU.

My mind was made up way before anyone promised anything so no need to assume. 

I see. And how would Davis know that his brief was to become undeliverable at the outset? Especially from the way the his boss was speaking at the time.

So you’re saying Davis for 23 months negotiated an awesome deal and then out of a sudden Olly Robbins popped up with another deal he secretly negotiated with the EU?

• Sad 1

I saw Davis favoured Canada+ too but obviously that was too sensible for May, Robbins and the EU.

My mind was made up way before anyone promised anything so no need to assume. 

Problem with Canada + is poor access to the single market for both goods and services and rules of origin problems.

I don't think anyone understand those pre-referendum and it's certainly not what leave promised. 

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

So you’re saying Davis for 23 months negotiated an awesome deal and then out of a sudden Olly Robbins popped up with another deal he secretly negotiated with the EU?

No 10 ensured Robbins undermined Davis and could only have happened if EU knew about it too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1