Border run = blacklisted for life?

4 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

No way she could blacklist you as you committed no crime.  there is no  law that states a person cannot stay in Malaysia only one day and has to stay more.

IMHO- the issue was that you are American and she is Muslim and she hates Americans and is taking out her hate on you personally.

While my first instinct would be to write a letter of complaint- I would not as it would simply feed the bigots and possibly make it worse for the next person. I. like you will avoid Malaysia, and vote with my feet.

Thank you for your report. No one should be treated that way and that includes the way some US immigration officials are treating people.

Thanks for the info and I agree.

22 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

No way she could blacklist you as you committed no crime.  there is no  law that states a person cannot stay in Malaysia only one day and has to stay more.

IMHO- the issue was that you are American and she is Muslim and she hates Americans and is taking out her hate on you personally.

While my first instinct would be to write a letter of complaint- I would not as it would simply feed the bigots and possibly make it worse for the next person. I. like you will avoid Malaysia, and vote with my feet.

Thank you for your report. No one should be treated that way and that includes the way some US immigration officials are treating people.

Yes I know personally how difficult the Immigration in the U.S. can be.  I remember bringing my ex wife from Indonesia to the U.S. and though they were difficult to deal with, it was the TSA that gave us the most trouble flying back and forth between Indonesia and Hawaii during the 15 years that we were married.

The TSA are the worst of the worst in the U.S. if you ask me.  

The first time we flew out of the USA in 2003 my wife was pulled off to the side by a female TSA (man-hater) for a "personal screening" but didn't speak a word of English then.  She was not doing as she was told like "place your feet here and raise your arms" etc... she just looked at me bewildered and so I told her in Indonesian what she was going through and what to do.  The TSA agent said to me "Sir, do not get involved here." 

She then was getting frustrated with my wife because my wife was still not following her instructions (sit down and raise her legs so she could wand over her with a metal detector etc) so I told the TSA agent that she was my wife and that she could not speak English so I had to translate for her.  The TSA w*tch then said "Sir if I want your help I'll ask for it, otherwise go on through and wait over there or I'll have you removed from airport property and you'll miss your flight. 

I refused and asked for a supervisor and one Identified himself so I explained that my wife did not speak English and could not understand anything she was told to do so he took over and defused the situation.

I have many horror stories about being abused by the TSA in the USA.  I really don't look forward to dealing with them when they are busy and yelling at everybody shouting out orders and acting like "Big Bosses".

2 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Yes I know personally how difficult the Immigration in the U.S. can be.  I remember bringing my ex wife from Indonesia to the U.S. and though they were difficult to deal with, it was the TSA that gave us the most trouble flying back and forth between Indonesia and Hawaii during the 15 years that we were married.

The TSA are the worst of the worst in the U.S. if you ask me.  

The first time we flew out of the USA in 2002 my wife was pulled off to the side by a female TSA (man-hater) for a "personal screening" but didn't speak a word of English then.  She was not doing as she was told like "place your feet here and raise your arms" etc... she just looked at me bewildered and so I told her in Indonesian what she was going through and what to do.  The TSA agent said to me "Sir, do not get involved here." 

She then was getting frustrated with my wife because my wife was still not following her instructions (sit down and raise her legs so she could wand over her with a metal detector etc) so I told the TSA agent that she was my wife and that she could not speak English so I had to translate for her.  The TSA w*tch then said "Sir if I want your help I'll ask for it, otherwise go on through and wait over there or I'll have you removed from airport property and you'll miss your flight. 

I refused and asked for a supervisor and one Identified himself so I explained that my wife did not speak English and could not understand anything she was told to do so he took over and defused the situation.

I have many horror stories about being abused by the TSA in the USA.  I really don't look forward to dealing with them when they are busy and yelling at everybody shouting out orders and acting like "Big Bosses".

You have to understand that the TSA are pretty much the bottom of the barrel, not the brightest and not the most stupid, but otherwise money bottom feeders. I apologize for your having to deal with their stupidity. To many Americans if you don't speak English they just shout louder so then you will understand. Smart guy getting a supervisor over, the woman is probably back working at Walmart or IHOP. Pretty sad that many peoples first experience of the USA is the moronic behavior of many of the TSA.

I have two friends that work at the TSA, they hate their jobs and told me that they promote the worst of the worst (those that should never have been promoted) and that the whole system is a cluster***k as far as the chain of command and supervisors go (much worse than even the U.S. Army according to one who served many years in the Army).

They also said that they are trained not to smile and not to be friendly so as to have a "command presence" (intimidation factor) at all times.  What a sad life and what a sad environment to have to work in.

People in positions of authority should strive to smile and be more friendly (while still being firm and professional).  It can work that way and everyone would benefit from a friendlier environment (though still stressful).

Last time I flew to KL for a visa run I also had crappy experience. On my way out my (and almost everybody's else) boarding pass was printed with a wrong gate number. I got yelled by a  Malaysian female staff because I was at the gate at the last minute. When I pointed out that it was their mistake she started yelling even harder at me. When she clipped my pass and let me in I told her to f off.

15 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Bad experiences with unreasonable immigration officers cause me to dread having to deal with these people...graft, corruption, demanding, irrational behavior are all on display at one time or another predominately in Asian countries in my experience...????

Some IO's in the West are worse. Try Googling, you will find plenty of incidents.

2 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

I have two friends that work at the TSA, they hate their jobs and told me that they promote the worst of the worst (those that should never have been promoted) and that the whole system is a cluster***k as far as the chain of command and supervisors go (much worse than even the U.S. Army according to one who served many years in the Army).

They also said that they are trained not to smile and not to be friendly so as to have a "command presence" (intimidation factor) at all times.  What a sad life and what a sad environment to have to work in.

People in positions of authority should strive to smile and be more friendly (while still being firm and professional).  It can work that way and everyone would benefit from a friendlier environment (though still stressful).

People in positions of authority should strive to smile and be more friendly (while still being firm and professional).  It can work that way and everyone would benefit from a friendlier environment (though still stressful).

In an 'ideal' world this will happen.

But today, people in positions of authority everywhere abuse their authority. Favouritism, racism etc... everywhere, without exception.

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

Wow, I would have reported her to her shift manager and made an official complaint on the spot.

Only problem with that is you'll then spend the next 3 hours filling in all the paperwork. Had 2/3 bad experiences with my wife,  one in the UK and a couple in Singapore. I agree, should elevate it but it's 3 hours of your life you'll never get back..????

On 4/12/2019 at 7:23 AM, ukrules said:

Wow, I would have reported her to her shift manager and made an official complaint on the spot.

I would think that will not go anywhere. IO knew that many less than 24 hrs visitors are not real tourists not spending any significant time and money in the country but just as a transit point to further their agenda. So the IO just showed her angst at the abuse of entry/exit stamps by not real tourists. She also knew that it is not illegal to do that but felt sort of being ‘abused’ to being complicit in this sort of process.

13 hours ago, Pravda said:

Last time I flew to KL for a visa run I also had crappy experience. On my way out my (and almost everybody's else) boarding pass was printed with a wrong gate number. I got yelled by a  Malaysian female staff because I was at the gate at the last minute. When I pointed out that it was their mistake she started yelling even harder at me. When she clipped my pass and let me in I told her to f off.

I think it is more to do with a last minute change of gate number than wrong gate number. The onus is on the passengers to verify the gate number on the departure screen with your printed boarding pass. Even if they are the same, there is alway a possibility of a last minute gate change so it is always prudent to be present at the gate at least an hour before boarding. Ignore at your peril. This is the experience I got from many years of flying.

43 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

I think it is more to do with a last minute change of gate number than wrong gate number. The onus is on the passengers to verify the gate number on the departure screen with your printed boarding pass. Even if they are the same, there is alway a possibility of a last minute gate change so it is always prudent to be present at the gate at least an hour before boarding. Ignore at your peril. This is the experience I got from many years of flying.

I agree. For my last flight (from Dubai) .. I went very very early to the gate printed on my boarding pass. There was an electronic sign confirming it was the gate for my flight to BKK. I settled down reading a book.  Later a plane of a different airline (a Chineese one) ... (I was booked on Thai Air) ... parked up at the gate. What The Bleep !

Panic .... by chance I saw a Thai looking woman looking as flustered as I felt. It was now 30 mins to take off time.  I spoke to her .. her husband was off somewhere to find out what was happening.

He came running back .. the new gate was a long long way away.  

I gets to the new gate and got a rollicking. I asked why they had not sent someone to inform passengers THEY had directed to the wrong gate .. printed on the boarding pass.  He insisted it was my fault. Grrrrrrrr. Pompous p#ick. No apology. It was my fault.

I was thinking I was gonna be on one of them airport You Tube videos where someone loses it. But they should have sent someone to round up passengers THEY sent to the wrong gate.

So now I cant trust what my boarding pass says or what an electronic sign says. ????????????????.

I guess it would not have happened if I had not booked in so early. So yes it was my fault ????????????????????.

1 hour ago, Ctkong said:

I WAS present at the (wrong) gate for 2 hours. No announcements, no nothing.

The experience of yours is rather strange and perhaps a one-off.

Kuala Lumpur is the home of Air Asia and many destinations compel you to transit through KLIA with layovers ranging between 3 to 11+ hours.

Having had to transit there a few times, we've never had a problem with crossing the border and "under-staying".

A good hotel, reasonably priced and close to the doorstep is http://www.klia2.info/hotels/concorde-inn-klia/

Post in breach of forum rules removed.

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

20 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Post in breach of forum rules removed.

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Apology extended.

Archived