U.S. charges Assange after London arrest ends seven years in Ecuador embassy

webfact

56 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

anyone who didn't know that these things go on, on rare occasions must be living in a bucket and know nothing of history.  It's hardly new. 

Yes, it has been going on a long time, would it still be going on now if the truth was allowed to be printed in the press, I think not, but "they" will do their best to silence anyone who tells the public the truth, though obviously a lot struggle with that.

• Like 2

Just now, CGW said:

Yes, it has been going on a long time, would it still be going on now if the truth was allowed to be printed in the press, I think not, but "they" will do their best to silence anyone who tells the public the truth, though obviously a lot struggle with that.

I would bet my next Extension of Stay, my wife, her sister, their Aunt (she's hot) and the cat (so it must be serious),  that it is going on right now and will forever 'go on'. 

I'm a fervent advocate of free speech.

But when you cross the line, revealing security or military information, which can put people in harm's way, that is when I draw the line.

Assange seemed to revel in that in the latter days of Wikileaks.

Long way from its initial purpose of exposing corporate malfeasance 

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I'm a fervent advocate of free speech.

But when you cross the line, revealing security or military information, which can put people in harm's way, that is when I draw the line.

Assange seemed to reveal in that in the latter days of Wikileaks.

Long way from its initial purpose of exposing corporate malfeasance 

kind of agree with you but this is not only related to Assange, it usualy happens to be whom became famous or get a lot of attention with their activities/actions, they don't know how to deal with fame... it all started with good intentions

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

kind of agree with you but this is not only related to Assange, it usualy happens to be whom became famous or get a lot of attention with their activities/actions, they don't know how to deal with fame... it all started with good intentions

There are a few documentaries around from former Wikileaks employees detailing how Assange became obsessed with his own fame above anything else 

7 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

There are a few documentaries around from former Wikileaks employees detailing how Assange became obsessed with his own fame above anything else 

there we have it.... it was not speculation, unfortunately seen it happen many times

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CGW said:

Exactly correctly right, as they will come down legally or illegally, use the press, whatever needs to be done so they can continue, just as they are doing now.

About the Aunt, any pictures?

She's married to a US marine, neither of us would want to there. Actually, we would, but it would be very unwise.  

21 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

It's nice to know that is this day and age former employees are being given the opportunity to say bad things about there former employer, most would wonder how they managed to get funding so they could vent their venom & share, obviously a great story that needed to be told - wonder who funded them? ????

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

"a narcissist who cannot get beyond his own selfish interests"

Clearly an unbiased judge! ????

For what it's worth, in documentaries I've seen and articles I've read about Assange, a number of his former WikiLeaks colleagues have criticised him in very similar terms.

Although WikiLeaks has been instrumental in revealing a good amount of reprehensible behaviour by various governments, Assange himself is hardly purer than the driven snow and as mentioned, some of his behaviour has apparently raised concerns even within the WikiLeaks organisation itself.

52 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

For what it's worth, in documentaries I've seen and articles I've read about Assange, a number of his former WikiLeaks colleagues have criticised him in very similar terms.

Although WikiLeaks has been instrumental in revealing a good amount of reprehensible behaviour by various governments, Assange himself is hardly purer than the driven snow and as mentioned, some of his behaviour has apparently raised concerns even within the WikiLeaks organisation itself.

Substitute Trump for Assange and Republican for WikiLeaks and it still is true.....

55 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Surely Assange is not a saint, but i suspect that the big powers have tried, more or less successfully, to discredit him.

Anyone here believe the rape allegations ?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Surely Assange is not a saint, but i suspect that the big powers have tried, more or less successfully, to discredit him.

Anyone here believe the rape allegations ?

Right, so ‘they’ (whoever ‘they’ are) recruited members of Assange’s own organization to file charges against him.

Doh!

7 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

The loony left now have control of most of the worlds media, think BBC, CNN...MSNBC and ABC in Australia etc...etc.... They are a cancer in many Western universities. Unjust wars are STILL being waged....from Bush, through to Obama and now with Trump......yet the news is full of Tranny's wanting to pee in womens toilets, micro aggression's and women suddenly remembering they were touched inappropriately on the bum 35 years ago....Assange has shown up BOTH left and right with his leaks. He is now not liked by the loony left because they think he is some kind of Russian agent that cost Clinton the election.....yeah....Russain, THAT old chestnut!!! He gave us some REAL freaking news!!! I hope he has more!

And once again you fail to acknowledge about how he was hated by the right for helping Chelsea Manning release secret military information disclosed some bruthal truths about US military involvement in Iraq & Afghanistan. In fact, right now,  the only charge the Trump administration has leveled against him has to do with him conspiring with Manning. 

Honestly I support Assange.  If governments the world over did not conduct themselves in a way in which they keep secrets because it shows they act nefariously, then the likes of WikiLeaks would not be necessary. Too much goes on behind closed doors.  That certainly can be seen with the Trump investigation.  Investigations by Mueller, the House, the Senate, the Inspector General and they are all dragging their feet because most of what will come out will be embarrassing.  I'm all for protecting sources and methods but these days it seems like everything falls into that category.  It's clearly evident that the people are no longer in control.  It's the politicians and bureaucrats all protecting themselves and keeping out of the public eye anything that will paint them in a bad way.

6 minutes ago, Trouble said:

Honestly I support Assange.  If governments the world over did not conduct themselves in a way in which they keep secrets because it shows they act nefariously, then the likes of WikiLeaks would not be necessary. Too much goes on behind closed doors.  That certainly can be seen with the Trump investigation.  Investigations by Mueller, the House, the Senate, the Inspector General and they are all dragging their feet because most of what will come out will be embarrassing.  I'm all for protecting sources and methods but these days it seems like everything falls into that category.  It's clearly evident that the people are no longer in control.  It's the politicians and bureaucrats all protecting themselves and keeping out of the public eye anything that will paint them in a bad way.

If you always spoke with complete frankness, kept nothing to yourself, regarded Nothing a secret, you’d be out of work, devoid of friends, spouse/girlfriends and your bank account would be empty.

Of course all of these outcomes might be true for reasons other than I have stated.

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Let’s hope Sweden does the right thing by the woman who is alleging the rape assange avoiding facing charges on when he ran away and hid in the embassy. . 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Since your opinion is based on (lord knows) what, the honesty of your opinion is irrelevant.

We call it "reading between the lines".

It might be a strange concept to you, but with some practice you could get familiar to it.

Your opinion is as irrelevant as mine, wherever you choose to base it on.

• Haha 1