Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

19 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Very dignified reply Jo.    I, too, put my financial trust in a man who correctly called himself a broker.

Bet you it wasn't him that went broke. Beware anyone that comes out of Bond University.   The "ratbag" factory. 

On 01/02/2018 at 10:09 AM, joboss said:

Haha!!   Wish it were true Alex.

Fact is I can’t pay my rent,  Yes “rent”  Lost the properties to a financial adviser who is reported to be swanning it up in HK.

I always say “I’ve been financially advised into poverty”

I don’t own a Range Rover, but a 1999 Hilux Workmate.  Good reliable vehicle.

Who would have a new car and park it 300 metres from the beach to be covered in salt spray every day. At least the Hilux can wear a bit of rust with honour.

I guess I portray that I am flush.  Just it’s always been a successful strategy to get a few roots over the years. 

But I did make provision for my daughter's education and tucked it up into a trust that even I couldn't raid when she was 15. It gave her security to know that if she studied really hard she had the means to achieve goals.  And she did and has.

I have a healthy distrust of brokers and Finacial advisers and accountants...my Ute still has salt stains on the duco from the year I worked 400m from a beach...

And im almost celibate here in BKK...about the only smart thing Ive done is I just put in a solar system with battery back up...judging by the rate it’s making electricity I might not have to pay a bill again in the short term....which means I can now afford to go to thailand twice a year...sim Sala bin...

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:03 PM, ozzydom said:

Any news in the oz press re the 2018 Watchafl package.?

I paid $180 for my subscription through the WCE a few weeks ago.

From the WatchAFL website:

Join now for two weeks free. Subscribe any time before 31st March 2018 and get your first two weeks free.

Cancel any time within your trial period and you won't be charged. Terms and conditions apply.

I like it.

Matthew Lloyd’s hilarious gift to old foe Brad Sewell for his bucks party

HAWTHORN premiership midfielder Brad Sewell was having a bucks party.

Essendon great and old foe Matthew Lloyd had the perfect present. A signed jumper.

Only this one came with a hilarious personalised message, a tongue-in-cheek reference to the day Lloyd bulldozed Sewell in 2009, knocking him out instantly.

“Sewelly, hope you stay conscious on the bucks, longer than you did on the G when I thought I had killed you. Have a good one.,” Lloyd wrote.

Sewell’s Hawks teammate Campbell Brown - who called Lloyd a sniper after the incident - tweeted out a photo.

Obviously, the trio have since buried the hatchet.

View image on Twitter
  • Like 1

Not a good start for new match review officer Michael Christian.

She kicked her in the front of the bum and only got 2 weeks.

Even for a short season, that's light IMO.

A male player would've received a minimum of 4 weeks for 

a kick in the pills.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sarah-darcy-faces-a-nervous-wait-after-delivering-a-kick-to-sarah-hosking/news-story/4ae0260b6537fcca9eedba1dda9b7bae

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

a kick in the pills.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sarah-darcy-faces-a-nervous-wait-after-delivering-a-kick-to-sarah-hosking/news-story/4ae0260b6537fcca9eedba1dda9b7bae

Like the recipient said in an interiew "lucky I am not a bloke "

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 10:25 AM, Will27 said:

a kick in the pills.

But there are no pills,,

• Like 1

Well it’s that time of the year where some of us are looking for An alternative way to watch the footy on telly.....my live pass has been shrunk to phone size viewing...telstra got a wrap on the knuckles for that and had to pay back live subscriptions to telstra customers for the injustice by not making them aware of that before the season started, I payed through Apple and there wasn’t any recourse I am aware of, I can bare it, it wasn’t hard to adjust, and telstra pay the mula they can do what they want,  Fox is an alternative so is bookmans way but gees who needs the drama moments from kick off trying to find a stream then loosing it half way through the last quarter...

what to do.....what to do....

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Well it’s that time of the year where some of us are looking for An alternative way to watch the footy on telly.....my live pass has been shrunk to phone size viewing...telstra got a wrap on the knuckles for that and had to pay back live subscriptions to telstra customers for the injustice by not making them aware of that before the season started, I payed through Apple and there wasn’t any recourse I am aware of, I can bare it, it wasn’t hard to adjust, and telstra pay the mula they can do what they want,  Fox is an alternative so is bookmans way but gees who needs the drama moments from kick off trying to find a stream then loosing it half way through the last quarter...

what to do.....what to do....

If you like your footy and you're in Oz, Foxtel is pretty much the only game in town IMO.

Had a quick look and you can packages from Telstra/Fotel for $29 per month.

I think Foxtel stand alone is $40 per month including movie channels.

Ten bucks or so a week is pretty good value I think.

Yep, I couldn't be buggered looking around for streams with a millions pop ups etc.

• Like 1

If you like your footy and you're in Oz, Foxtel is pretty much the only game in town IMO.
Had a quick look and you can packages from Telstra/Fotel for $29 per month.

I think Foxtel stand alone is $40 per month including movie channels.
Ten bucks or so a week is pretty good value I think.

Yep, I couldn't be buggered looking around for streams with a millions pop ups etc.

Im with someone else for home net and pretty much refuse to go with the fat telstra, Foxtel the net version works out at 45 a month from memory even if its 40 it’s not to bad since I’d get a league as well but....they don’t have premier league anymore, I pretty much would only watch my club and the odd game that might excite me.....im not ready to give my money to Foxtel just yet, and apart from that foxnow or what ever the net version is called Foxtel have been very slow to give there customers HD it’s plus plus plus....learned that when I got it for my mum....there Fox shopping centre rep couldn’t even tell me if the net version streamed in HD though if I’ve read right they are now...Fox have been very backwards coming forward’s they like a big fat cat on a fence cause they own the rights they don’t have to work hard to get you in...

Ps mr Gazman....love your idea and would go for it...using a vpn in thailand killed my streams most of the time last stay....

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

I still do it the Bookman way and have had no troubles for the last 2 years.

Not having a CC makes it to difficult to subscribe to others.

I do have a 10 ft dish here from Australia network days but don't know if i can convert it to Australia plus.

29 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

I do have a 10 ft dish here from Australia network days but don't know if i can convert it to Australia plus.

Nope, your dish won't get you Australia Plus.

I had one dish that was so big it wouldn't have looked out of place at NASA.

Still couldn't pick it up.

• Like 2

Another brave man....yes books swears by it I for the life of me went through several dramas each time trying to get a stream im with uncle WILL I WILL pay....you know the Dee’s will make the 8 this season despite everything...can’t miss that you know...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Another brave man....yes books swears by it I for the life of me went through several dramas each time trying to get a stream im with uncle WILL I WILL pay....you know the Dee’s will make the 8 this season despite everything...can’t miss that you know...

The key to using it is having Flashplayer,on pc is fine.

It was a pain to set up on an Android phone.

I guess the Dees making the 8 will depend on how many times they play the Kangaroos:smile:

• Like 2

The key to using it is having Flashplayer,on pc is fine.
It was a pain to set up on an Android phone.
I guess the Dees making the 8 will depend on how many times they play the Kangaroos:smile:

Ummmm I am also equipped with a Samsung tablet I brought it second hand before I went to Mexico and Cuba....I heard about them thevin Mexicans so didn’t want to risk my 124 gig iPad Air in cartel country....which was near new at the time.....nope couldn’t get streams at all on it...got chrome on my Mac.....sometimes after a number of attempts...still got the windows laptop which was a high specie 6 ys ago when I bought it....same same no differant...is it me WILL...FJ? Looks like I stick with what I got...

By the way this andorid phone I am using while away will get thrown in a draw with that Samsung tablet never to be seen again...sorry guys andorid is rubbish...apple ISO leaves it fir dead..

I'm no techie but android(google)doesn't allow flashplayer.

To get it to work on my samsung phone i had to find an early model compatible flashplayer and download/upload? onto phone in order to watch it.

I don't think i could remember how to do again.

Windows with flashplayer will work fine as long as your stream is good.

I have out in the boonies fibre optic at 30 mbps.Thailand has progressed well in the last 10 years. 

• Like 1

You were warned last year the AFL were trialing X now we have AflX....7 man a side 3 on the bench unlimited interchange for the moment, 20 min half’s 10 min break half time...all on a rectangular field ie soccer....glad I’m not home means I won’t have to watch it... clubs will be in 3 major cites to kick it off soon...yawn....ps the Hawks will field totally differant teams in each half the report says...

New rules to free agency is once a free agent including delisted free agents as your contract is up that player is free to move to another club...free agent forever...but what of restricted free agents? Looks like they miss the boat if they sign a new contract with a new club...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Thanks 1